Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Geespot
  • 1 Post By slampay

Thread: Nam, man......

  1. #1
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,629

    Nam, man......

    Sitting in the club lounge at Chicago airport.
    Dude decked out in Vietnam veteran hat, Vietnam veteran shirt just talking and talking about his missions in Nam. This guy would go back today if he could!! Just think, he must have been talking about Nam for 40 years 555

  2. #2
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    That must be weird to see that.

    I guess someone should step in with medical assistance but I am hesitant to bring up Obamacare.

    Vietnam is 40 odd years ago no? No .....I make money by being a vet.So must be a scam.
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 1st November 2015 at 00:25.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Geespot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK & Khon Kaen
    Posts
    1,610
    It's more than weird but maybe it's an American thing

    You just don't get British vets talking openly about their experiences rightly or wrongly
    Petter likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    It's more than weird but maybe it's an American thing

    You just don't get British vets talking openly about their experiences rightly or wrongly
    Oh it is extremely common for the Vietnam guys, especially.
    So much so I figured anyone would know the type I am talking about.
    Actually this guy was clean cut, nice fellow.

    A lot of times the Vietnam Vet guys are a bit off their rocker.

    But you also get the older Vet guys. Will wear their Navy ship hats.

    But this guy, just the way he was going on and on.......he must have met some good Vietnam poontang over there 555

  5. #5
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    That must be weird to see that.

    I guess someone should step in with medical assistance but I am hesitant to bring up Obamacare.

    Vietnam is 40 odd years ago no? No .....I make money by being a vet.So must be a scam.
    No scam.......quite common

  6. #6
    Senior Member stupscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Oh it is extremely common for the Vietnam guys, especially.
    So much so I figured anyone would know the type I am talking about.
    To me that's like something out a movie, I've never been to the US but most people I know have been on holiday or lived there and they almost always say "it's like being in the movies" because so much movie culture is American, and therefor seems make believe or highlighting stereotypes beyond real life.

    When you first visited London was anything like you expected?

  7. #7
    Senior Member slampay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,639
    It also goes completely 180....my oldest brother was an green beret during the Vietnam war and he won't speak of it, don't even ask..

    I would guess a lot more like my brother than the guy still wearing his 'colors'
    Pablo likes this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

  8. #8
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,629
    Quote Originally Posted by stupscott View Post
    To me that's like something out a movie, I've never been to the US but most people I know have been on holiday or lived there and they almost always say "it's like being in the movies" because so much movie culture is American, and therefor seems make believe or highlighting stereotypes beyond real life.

    When you first visited London was anything like you expected?
    The only thing I noticed about London was that it seems a lot more hectic than even NYC....I was surprised by that.
    I think it also seems more hectic because the streets are all over the place whereas in NYC it is a grid so more orderly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •