Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marc26

Thread: Prohibition/Speakeasy Tour

Prohibition/Speakeasy Tour

Well.......some Americans don't actually just watch TV, as some would lead you to believe 555

All joking aside I did this Prohibition tour in Chicago that was really interesting.
    They bus you around to 4 bars that were speakeasy back during the Prohibition Era.
    While traveling between the bars the very informative guide tells you all about the history. He is informative and a cool guy to have beers with.

I don't know how many ever get to Chicago(I'd move there tomorrow if I could) but if you ever do then you should look into this

Chicago Prohibition Tours - Welcome to Chicago Prohibition Tour
    LivinLOS likes this.

I haven't been to Chicago for 15+ years but the times I have been I have found it a wonderful, happening, lively city...all weather jokes aside....its fkn freezing there in winter...it seems to have kinda taken over from LA as America's second city...its certainly te mid west capital anyway...every second new TV series seems to be set there and its an arts lover and foodies heaven

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I haven't been to Chicago for 15+ years but the times I have been I have found it a wonderful, happening, lively city...all weather jokes aside....its fkn freezing there in winter...it seems to have kinda taken over from LA as America's second city...its certainly te mid west capital anyway...every second new TV series seems to be set there and its an arts lover and foodies heaven
    People from Boston that now live in Chicago will tell you "it is fxuking cold in Chicago"

I usually don't mind the weather but being away from the easy coast and not being around extreme weather like very cold and very hot has made me forget how bad extreme weather can be.

I go to Chicago quote often now.....5-6 times a year and last year I got basically snowed in for 2 days at my hotel with all meetings cancelled because of a blizzard.....now sleeping in at the Sofitel and walking to Gibsons Steakhouse to eat and drink wasn't so bad 555(I love walking in blizzards to bars!!)

I was also there a few summers ago where it was 106 F.......people weren't going outside

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I love walking in blizzards to bars!!
    or warm summer nights.. Or the changing colors of fall.. Or the energy and liveliness of spring..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    or warm summer nights.. Or the changing colors of fall.. Or the energy and liveliness of spring..
    Ha-ha true 555
    I guess because I always live in walking distance to bars I just think it's so cool to walk when the streets are quiet and the bars are warm.

Spring......when girls break out of their winter clothes. I could write a novel on that!