Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Brits & weather

Brits & weather

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457709436.178301.jpg

Current weather here and beer garden is full. By any standard (apart from maybe Canadian) it's still cold. First glimpse or warmth tho and sun this spring. Everyone still in jackets but we got to take what we can. Count yourself lucky in LOS!
    Last edited by kris-one; 11th March 2016 at 22:23.
    Waharoa and LivinLOS like this.

It's always been a fixation with us Brits and not surprising considering we can get such a range of weather in a small country.

I take it you were in the beer garden too.
    First time today you can actually feel the warmth of the sun. Clocks go forward next week and hopefully summer not too far away. I hate winter!
    soupdragon and LivinLOS like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Affirmative, albeit the first one was too full. Seems the workers of Kingston are taking the afternoon off. Bit annoyed as this should really be the unemployed people's (me) time.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457709436.178301.jpg

Current weather here and beer garden is full. By any standard (apart from maybe Canadian) it's still cold. First glimpse or warmth tho and sun this spring. Everyone still in jackets but we got to take what we can. Count yourself lucky in LOS!
    I'd take 9 and sunny over 32 and humid any day of the week

NYC was 23 C on Wednesday when i got in
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Yep, got invited to a BBQ tomorrow... Its bloody 11.

Seriously though, handling the cold well. Its better than 39 and humid (similar conditions to Satan's rectum).
    Last edited by mjwx; 12th March 2016 at 00:23.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    Yep, got invited to a BBQ tomorrow... Its bloody 11.

Seriously though, handling the cold well. Its better than 39 and humid (similar conditions to Satan's rectum).
    You must really be feeling the difference! Should be warming up in a month or so. I would also take 11C over 39C. Anything over 27/28 is too much for my taste.
    Waharoa likes this.

I kind of enjoy the heat and humidity.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    You must really be feeling the difference! Should be warming up in a month or so. I would also take 11C over 39C. Anything over 27/28 is too much for my taste.
    23 to 25 C is perfect weather to me

Right now it is 16 C and sunny with a breeze and at a Mexican restaurant rooftop in middle of NYC and it is packed

I one arrived in NYC in March and it was 28c...........the day before it had been snowing and the snow was still in the ground in places at JFK.

Weird weather in NE USA influenced by where the jet stream is sitting

Im deffo in the camp of 23c-28c is perfection

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I one arrived in NYC in March and it was 28c...........the day before it had been snowing and the snow was still in the ground in places at JFK.

Weird weather in NE USA influenced by where the jet stream is sitting

Im deffo in the camp of 23c-28c is perfection
    Yeah......23 C Wednesday and will be 6 C tomorrow
    It actually sucks because for a 5 day tripi need to pack 2 types of clothes

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    You must really be feeling the difference!
    Yep, feeling it but I'm not really bothered about it. I dont mind it the way it currently is. To me it isn't the ambient temperature that gets to me, but the biting cold wind. Fortunately I've got a big arse jacket that takes care of the wind. Besides, if you're too cold, you can just put on more clothes, if you're too hot there's only so much you can do before being arrested for indecent exposure.

That being said, its all shiny and new to me at the moment, I'm sure by this time next year when it's gotten old I'll be a miserable sod like the rest of you :P
    Waharoa, LivinLOS and dawsey like this.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

^ Wait until you have experienced a British "summer". In September you'll be saying, "Was that it!"
    Waharoa, soupdragon and mjwx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I'd take 9 and sunny over 32 and humid any day of the week
    My brother is the same.. reportedly hitting about 38 here and its energy sapping.

I like Winter, love lighting the fire, choping wood and a nice walk with the dogs on a cold clear night. No kids out screaming all day, no fair weather dog walkers who haven't a clue how to mind their pets but the bonus is that women wear less. Hate bbq's though, most overrated form of cooking. Hey it's hot out lets burgers and steaks!

^Winter is great when it's a sunny crisp day... it's the weeks of sunless cold grey drizzle that eats away at you. Though it does make you appreciate spring even more when it arrives... in April, May or June... or July... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    ^Winter is great when it's a sunny crisp day... it's the weeks of sunless cold grey drizzle that eats away at you.
    Totally agree with this.. A crisp frosty type of day.. Clear blue sky and brisk.. No problem, add a north face jacket and your ok..

But the day after day of grey and wet ?? Mud and dirt.. Just sucks the life out of a large portion of the year.

^I even think that has limits. 6 or 7 degree bright crisp day nice. But get below zero and however much sun there is it's still too fcuking cold
    LivinLOS likes this.

Brits & weather

Today's another good'un. Apart from a load of rugger bugger toffs in Barbour jackets it's again perfect weather for out door boozing.

Your bbq mjwx might well be worth it.
    jackal likes this.

Have mentioned this before but we basically emigrated from the UK 'cos of the weather.

We just lie in the sun like lizards now.

Its a lot better in the UK at the moment. 10c+ daytime even in Scotland! Combined with lighter morning and nights makes a world of difference

A beer garden in the UK in summer on a sunny day with chilled wine and good cider on ice is unbeatable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast