Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tnlawyer

Thread: Muslim's intergration in US vs Muslim's intergration in Europe

Muslim's intergration in US vs Muslim's intergration in Europe

This was a topic discussed on Bill Maher the other night and I found it pretty interesting

It seems that the US doesn't have the isolation Muslim ghetto/neighborhoods like they do in England, France and Belgium, etc..

And when I thought about it, it really doesn't..........at least not to extent it in Europe
    One of the things that made we wonder why that is............I find Europeans are a lot more worldly than your average American...............so I think Americans would be less accepting of their culture, thus creating these types of areas...........but for some reason, you don't see them much (I know Dearborn, Michigan is quite Muslim)

Maybe because the tiny European countries have little space. America is wide open..

I also wonder what ratio per population America has v Europe.. Certainly Holland and France have huge Turkish and N W african populations in comparison.

My guess is also the ratio. Do you have any statistics on muslim immigration numbers into the US?

Muslim populations by country: how big will each Muslim population be by 2030? | News | theguardian.com

The US has 2.5M at .8% of total pop. Europe has 44M at 6%. So a much heavier concentration. I think I'm voting for Trump now...

Muslims in the USA versus England...

Muslims currently make up approximately 0.9% of the U.S. adult population, or 1.8 million Muslim adults. If children are included, the Muslim population in the United States totals 2.75 million Muslims in the country, the majority of whom (63%) are immigrants.
    The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population).

It is partly a historical problem.
    The UK has quite a big muslim minority probably as they occupied a lot of muslim countries during the 19th and first half of 20th century. Pakistan, Syria, Egypt, Malaysia plus some muslim countries in Africa (Kenya and Tanzanya are part muslim).
    The French had their colonies in North and West Africa. Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Senegal, Ivory coast etc.
    That brought an influx of those people to England and France.
    Belgian got Algerians and Moroccons who just drifted across the border from France.
    The Turkish you find in Germany, Holland and Belgium are the result of cheap imported labour since the sixties. In Belgium working in coalmines, in Germany also in industry and shipwharves.
    And they all tend to stay together in the same neghbourhood.
    Mind you, In Antwerp you will find the same thing with the jewish community.

Just an observation.
    Driving in Frankfurt and Munich the last few days and the number of women wearing a headscarf, with one, two or three children in tow and many also appear pregnant, astounded us. Way out of proportion to the rest of the population.

A mother can't work when they have 2 or 3 children under school age, so their poor husbands must be either in very high paid jobs or working 2 or 3 jobs.

Well generally muslim population is much smaller in the USA compared to Europe and even in Europe it varies from country to country. But USA have examples of places where they have a high muslim population and not without problems. Just take a look at the issues there have been in Dearborn in Michigan, where around 30% are arab-american muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Just an observation.
    Driving in Frankfurt and Munich the last few days and the number of women wearing a headscarf, with one, two or three children in tow and many also appear pregnant, astounded us. Way out of proportion to the rest of the population.

A mother can't work when they have 2 or 3 children under school age, so their poor husbands must be either in very high paid jobs or working 2 or 3 jobs.
    More likely on the public dole.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    More likely on the public dole.
    Most Muslims in my neighborhood are richer than me!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Most Muslims in my neighborhood are richer than me!
    No Muslims in my neighborhood that I'm aware of, but I drive down Nolensville Road where all the Arab business are, and I don't see wealth.

Me and a couple of guys at the office have this little fun routine we do on Fridays. It started a few months ago when we were driving back to the office from lunch. We stopped at an Arab bakery because my wife loves these little pastries with dates in them. The store was barely stocked, and the guy was a real asshole, angrily told me he didn't have any such pastry, and was anxious for us to leave his shop. After we walked out, he locked the door behind us and started filming us with his cell phone. Now we stop in there every Friday...3 guys in suits...we walk in, ask for the same pastry, take a look around his shop, and leave. He always locks the door after we leave and films us. Probably thinks we're FBI or something. Yes, I'm a dick.
    slampay and geir like this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    No Muslims in my neighborhood that I'm aware of, but I drive down Nolensville Road where all the Arab business are, and I don't see wealth.

My whole building and all the buildings around me are all wealthy Nulsims