Thread: Buying an iPad in Thailand??

Buying an iPad in Thailand??

My wife wants to buy an iPad for her mother (lol) so she can FaceTime with her.

Any advice to purchase?, most likely in Khon Kaen, not fussed even if it was second hand tbh.

I have no idea of prices etc, so would like to make an informed purchase before she rushes in.

So any help/feedback is appreciated.

I'd be happy to send one from here, but I believe the tax is very high, so as to make it not really worth the trouble. Y/N??

I bought my iPad in Thailand, about 4-5 years ago.
    I made a good profit as the € was high against the Baht. Now it is not worth doing it.
    Bought in that apple retail store in Junkceylon. Think the price is everywhere the same.
    Made also an extra profit as I got back the VAT on the airport. In total more than 160€.

I use the online shopping website Lazada for most of my purchases now. They are nearly always cheaper and so far have been 100% reliable. Having stuff delivered free to your door is also a bonus.

Just be sure to read the information on any product as some are imports and ship without warranty.

???? Apple ???????? ??????? ?????? ???????? ??? Lazada TH

Last edited by soupdragon; 9th July 2016 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    I use the online shopping website Lazada for most of my purchases now. They are nearly always cheaper and so far have been 100% reliable. Having stuff delivered free to your door is also a bonus.

Just be sure to read the information on any product as some are imports and ship without warranty.

???? Apple ???????? ??????? ?????? ???????? ??? Lazada TH

Thanks Soupy, that will be a huge help.

I use an iPad Mini for most of my forum browsing theses days. It's just the right size to hold comfortably in one or two hands, and has plenty of screen space for larger font sizes if necessary for readability. You will need to decide if you need the WiFi + cellular or just WiFi model. The 16GB models may be enough if she doesn't take a lot of pictures or keep music on the device, otherwise 64GB is recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    My wife wants to buy an iPad for her mother (lol) so she can FaceTime with her.

Any advice to purchase?, most likely in Khon Kaen, not fussed even if it was second hand tbh.

I have no idea of prices etc, so would like to make an informed purchase before she rushes in.

So any help/feedback is appreciated.

I'd be happy to send one from here, but I believe the tax is very high, so as to make it not really worth the trouble. Y/N??
    Check at Central. They sell used phones and Ipads on floor 4 i think. Or Fairy Plaza.
    No idea of prizes, but can check when im back in KK next week...

They are only a bit more here than in the states; maybe 10% at the most.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    I use an iPad Mini for most of my forum browsing theses days. It's just the right size to hold comfortably in one or two hands, and has plenty of screen space for larger font sizes if necessary for readability. You will need to decide if you need the WiFi + cellular or just WiFi model. The 16GB models may be enough if she doesn't take a lot of pictures or keep music on the device, otherwise 64GB is recommended.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    32gig, Wifi + cell.