Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Mick Jagger-stupid old Twunt

  1. #1
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Changone likes this.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,234
    In the words of Caroline Aherne, "What first attracted you to millionaire Mick Jagger?" 555
    Jeez, she must have felt like she was sleeping with her Grandfather.
    Pity the kid is all I say.
    nelsonone likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    I actually like Mick Jagger.

    All power to him it's not like this child will have a bad life.

    Not sure why anyone should feel pity.

  4. #4
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    I actually like Mick Jagger.

    All power to him it's not like this child will have a bad life.

    Not sure why anyone should feel pity.
    Probably because their father will most likely be dead before he/she grows up. No guarantees in life but just much more likely

  5. #5
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    I hear you on that.

    But if you take the millions of kids that grow up without a parent or both.

    Do you think it is selfish? What about if he lives to 95?

    He's kinda fit.

  6. #6
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    I hear you on that.

    But if you take the millions of kids that grow up without a parent or both.

    Do you think it is selfish? What about if he lives to 95?

    He's kinda fit.
    It's extremely selfish.....just as when some 60yr old guy on these forums has a baby in Thailand and won't be around for most of their kids lives but all BM's congratulate them anyways.

    Sure.....Mick's kid will live a very good life but highly likely without a father most of it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197
    Bottom line..nobody here on this thread has a clue to what truth there is behind Micks relationship with this girl and what arrangements have been made between them...let alone feel the need to compare them to others at 60 yrs old in Thailand or anywhere else doing something similar.
    Geez..give them a break and wish them well instead of making assumptions with no substance

  8. #8
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Bottom line..nobody here on this thread has a clue to what truth there is behind Micks relationship with this girl and what arrangements have been made between them...let alone feel the need to compare them to others at 60 yrs old in Thailand or anywhere else doing something similar.
    Geez..give them a break and wish them well instead of making assumptions with no substance
    How is there no substance?
    Unless science changes having a child in your 60's and older makes it a very likely chance that you won't be around for a huge part of your child's life

    I want to have kids but now with my situation i will be looking closer to 50yrs old and I really think that is the cut off

    You also have to factor in being able to do things with your child.....not just croaking before they reach their 20's

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197
    Your idea of substance is is simply an "and, if , and but" opinion. Raising a kid is not about quantity..its about quality...I realize we can't predict how long Mick will live..regardless..none of knows the details of their personal lives as well as the basis in which their decisions to do this were made...IT's their lives and I'm sure they don't give a rats ass what opinions and criticisms people like us have of them....Nobody has a clue how this kid will turn out..with or without Mick around....For all we know..If Mick puts five solid quality years into raising and being with him/her and then departs the earth. it can be all thats needed to give this kid a positive outlook on life and on his/herself...we don't know....One thing we do know pretty much is that there is no lack of money or funds so I believe it safe to think that the kid will have the monetary support needed...as well as all the basics that it buys..food, a nice home, school..etc...after that, who knows...
    Whatever...Best of luck Mick
    Thin White Duke likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Your idea of substance is is simply an "and, if , and but" opinion. Raising a kid is not about quantity..its about quality...I realize we can't predict how long Mick will live..regardless..none of knows the details of their personal lives as well as the basis in which their decisions to do this were made...IT's their lives and I'm sure they don't give a rats ass what opinions and criticisms people like us have of them....Nobody has a clue how this kid will turn out..with or without Mick around....For all we know..If Mick puts five solid quality years into raising and being with him/her and then departs the earth. it can be all thats needed to give this kid a positive outlook on life and on his/herself...we don't know....One thing we do know pretty much is that there is no lack of money or funds so I believe it safe to think that the kid will have the monetary support needed...as well as all the basics that it buys..food, a nice home, school..etc...after that, who knows...
    Whatever...Best of luck Mick
    My dad died when I was 4 yrs old
    I feel I am pretty well adjusted for a kid who basically didn't have a father but to say "this many years of good parenting" may suffice just doesn't do enough for me.
    Sure the kid may do well and the financial support will definitely help.

    And even though I've had a pretty good life without a father there wouldn't have been a lot more memorable moments if I had one
    Waharoa likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    197
    so the fact that you have had a pretty good life without your father for all but four years may indicate that Micks kid has a chance to have a pretty good life too...then again..every person and family is different...Look..there are kids who have both parents around their entire lives and turn out to be a mess...its an individual thing
    Thin White Duke likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    so the fact that you have had a pretty good life without your father for all but four years may indicate that Micks kid has a chance to have a pretty good life too...then again..every person and family is different...Look..there are kids who have both parents around their entire lives and turn out to be a mess...its an individual thing
    There is a very high chance this kid will have a great life..........I just think it is a bit selfish and as I said.......it is something that is a personal worry for me now

  13. #13
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    I hear you on that.

    But if you take the millions of kids that grow up without a parent or both.

    Do you think it is selfish? What about if he lives to 95?


    He's kinda fit.
    It's pretty amazing Mick got to 50 let alone 72 given all the abuse he's given his body. I think at 72 most people are thinking about slowing life down and relaxing a bit having put in a hard shift, having kids is easier when you're young sure it helps having money but lets hope it doesn't end up like the Kardashians!

  14. #14
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    Guys been a fitness fanatic for decades.

    Anyone seeing the latest shows would recognise that.

    Keith on the other hand continues to defy all and sundry.I find them all quite inspirational to be honest.
    Dkdude likes this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    ....find them all quite inspirational to be honest.
    Really mate??....I find them to be like parodies of their former selves...Charlie is pretty cool...he just comes right out and says i'm in it for the money...it allows me to increase my vintage and classic cars colection etc etc...plain and simple...plus he's a great drummer by any standards...I saw him playing in a jazz quartet at Ronnie Scotts years ago and he was absolutely brilliant on the cymbals, brushes and snare rolls+skips

    But Mick and Keef look like and behave like muppet versions of themselves...they hate each other...and haven't written a decent song in a million years.....

    I stopped liking the Stones once Brian Jones died...after that they just became a derivative RnR blues Band...all posture and no substance...but hey..no denying they are one of the most popular bands in RnR history..go figure
    dontpanic likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    Sweet Summer Sun DVD 2013.....return to Hyde Park is really good.

    Full of nostalgia and good self deprecating humour.
    nelsonone likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    I don't understand why a lot of these bands keep going, same with the Eagles and lately AC/DC. It's not like they need the money and AC/DC haven't written a decent song for years either.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    It's a real high for them I guess.

    For me also a realisation when artists like David Bowie and Prince suddenly disappear.Would love a chance to see them live again.

    Heck I'm not expecting any new hits with all the one's they have already made.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    But of course we still have Kanje

  20. #20
    Senior Member BroTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA, USA
    Posts
    658

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •