Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By slimbag
  • 1 Post By DrFeelgood

Thread: Computer Question

Computer Question

So I have a question if anyone has any knowledge on this....I got up today and turned on my computer and the lock screen popped up as usual...I put in my current password to open things up and its telling me that the password is wrong...and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out wtf happened...after several attempts, for the Hell of it I used my Microsoft/outlook email password...and that was accepted and worked....and I'm thinking what happened between last night and this morning and how did the password set for my lock screen get changed...and of course now I'm trying to figure out how to reset it back to the original one I had....and currently not having success.
    I have windows 10, its on a new laptop I bought 6 weeks ago so it came factory installed....
    Anyway if anyone has any idea what happened and/or can let me know how to change it back, let me know..
    Oh, and the other thing was last night before I shut it down I was setting up this app that's on the homepage called "onenote"..not sure if I may have done anything to change stuff while doing that..
    Thanks

this should help you switch back to your local account

Windows 10 tip: Switch back to a local account from a Microsoft account | ZDNet
    Waharoa likes this.

you know I saw that option but wasn't sure if I should follow through eith doing it....so was it actually set to a "local account" to begin with?

Thank you..it worked
    slimbag likes this.