Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Taxi prices Bangkok / Phuket

Taxi prices Bangkok / Phuket

To prepare for my next trip I would like to know some taxi prices so I don't get ripped off

I will be going between soi Nana in Bangkok and both BKK and DMK, and in Phuket I will be going between the bus terminal in Phuket town and both Patong and Karon.

Thank you

My Mrs took a privat (not licensed) taxi a while back from Phuket Town to Patong. She payed only 300, but I think going rate is more 500ish. Same for Karon I guess.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    My Mrs took a privat (not licensed) taxi a while back from Phuket Town to Patong. She payed only 300, but I think going rate is more 500ish. Same for Karon I guess.
    Wow. It's like 14 km. Hmm, maybe I'll walk

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    Or maybe Dodger can pick you up for less 555
    kuhio likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

If you have a lot of time, which you must have since you go by bus, you can take a motorbiketaxi the 5 km to the local bus stop in Phuket Town and from there take the bus to Patong (25 baht) or Karon (30 baht).

Nana and going to either airport cost about 300 baht including tolls, theres a 50 baht surcharge to add onto the meter fare when taking a taxi from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    If you have a lot of time, which you must have since you go by bus, you can take a motorbiketaxi the 5 km to the local bus stop in Phuket Town and from there take the bus to Patong (25 baht) or Karon (30 baht).
    I am just cheap. I will be going from Hat Yai, and if I were to fly, I would have to go by Bangkok. I will have all my luggage so a MB taxi is out the of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Nana and going to either airport cost about 300 baht including tolls, theres a 50 baht surcharge to add onto the meter fare when taking a taxi from the airport.
    OK thanks

It is more than a half hour. If you think 300 is expensive think again, it is about 7,5 Euro or 9 $

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    It is more than a half hour. If you think 300 is expensive think again, it is about 7,5 Euro or 9 $
    I know the exchange rates

I was referring to the 500 baht for a 14 km ride. I don't know if that takes 30 minutes.

It takes a good 25-30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    It takes a good 25-30 minutes depending on the traffic.
    And bus breakdowns on Patong hill 555!

300 or 500bht for a taxi journey, why should anyone have to be concerned on this amount of money when they are on holiday?? If it is a concern, do you not think maybe they are coming to the wrong part of the country or indeed the wrong country and should look elsewhere for a cheaper place to go? Or is it a case of, I can afford it but just get a thrill out of saving money??? I only say that because I've met a few guys recently that have a few bob, but like to make sure they visit bars during happy hour only?? to save 20 bht a beer? why not just buy it for a further 30bht less and drink it at home?? beats me completely and never makes any sense to me at all??

To the OP, not having a go at you in particular, if it is just a case of you'd like to know the cost so not to feel like you are over paying, then makes sense.
    Terjenr1, Captain and billpay like this.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    300 or 500bht for a taxi journey, why should anyone have to be concerned on this amount of money when they are on holiday??
    It's only an issue when the taxi guys hitting you at arrivals are asking anywhere from 1500 - 2000 baht. 500 baht is reasonable although expect to pay more if you are arriving after 10 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    It's only an issue when the taxi guys hitting you at arrivals are asking anywhere from 1500 - 2000 baht. 500 baht is reasonable although expect to pay more if you are arriving after 10 pm.
    Heh Smiley, ever think about pre-booking??? if no telephone number then dodge the guys in the airport or terminal and go to the metered taxis and ask in your bestest Thai ' Ow much govnor!!
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

dude forget taxis and hire a motorbike. best way to get around. And also your gonna see more sh!t becasue you have the transport. and 2 taxi rides is a moto for the day. and ok if you are gonna get sssmashed at night leave it at the hotel. personally I don't mind riding a little unde the weather, it just our western mindset that makes it oh so bad. but I will leave it if I am hammered

His problem was getting to and from the bus terminal with a lot of luggage, a rented bike won't be a solution for that.

Regarding your own driving under influence. Maybe my mindset is too western, but you are an idiot. There is a reason why drunk driving is a bad idea, and leaving it up to the drunk to decide if he is too drunk is an idea just as bad.
    soupdragon and Geespot like this.

300 or 500bht for a taxi journey, why should anyone have to be concerned on this amount of money when they are on holiday?? If it is a concern, do you not think maybe they are coming to the wrong part of the country or indeed the wrong country and should look elsewhere for a cheaper place to go? Or is it a case of, I can afford it but just get a thrill out of saving money??? I only say that because I've met a few guys recently that have a few bob, but like to make sure they visit bars during happy hour only?? to save 20 bht a beer? why not just buy it for a further 30bht less and drink it at home?? beats me completely and never makes any sense to me at all??

To the OP, not having a go at you in particular, if it is just a case of you'd like to know the cost so not to feel like you are over paying, then makes sense.
    I just hate paying too much for anything. Obviously it's not going to break my budget in any way, although I was planning on going to/from Phuket town several times. I also have a tendency to spend too much on holidays so I try to control myself.

From Phuket airport, you can get a shared minibus to Patong etc for 180bt, which I've used on all my 3 visits in the last couple of years. Apart from a 10min stop when you leave the airport, the minibus is just as quick as a taxi to Patong, after which it depends on where your hotel is & how soon you get dropped off.

Heh Smiley, ever think about pre-booking??? if no telephone number then dodge the guys in the airport or terminal and go to the metered taxis and ask in your bestest Thai ' Ow much govnor!!
    Don't worry about me. I've known about the "metered" taxi stand since 2009, 555

Most cases when I do fly in or fly out I usually have a local I know come pick me up or drop me off at the airport so I don't have to mess around at the airport. Of course most hotels also offer complimentary airport drop-offs and pick-ups all you have to do it inquire when you reserve your room.

Last time i tried to get a meter taxi at phuket airport they simply refused to drive us. We kept insisting on meter but they would have nothing of it. Fixed price only.
    soupdragon likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast