Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Yamaha Aerox 155cc Scooter announced

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    the slower on the open road the more danger you encounter,from my experience.
    Forgot to answer the above.

I totally agree. When I ride, I usually go faster than most cars. Yes there are a few cars that goes very fast, however even a 150cc wouldn't be enough to match those.

you'll find your speedo will be showing around 10% more than what you are really doing. my ZX 150 was 10%+,Click 8%+,PCX 10%+,VFR 800 10%+ and car pretty much spot on. from what i've learnt the bike speedos have to be set that way by legislation. so you wont find too many accurate bike speedos in LOS.

a scooter you've gotta ride on the left side of the open road/where all the danger is. my 800cc V4 the right lane and much faster than the vast majority of other road users but the PCX is definitely more comfortable with the extra option of stretching your legs right out.
    i've done samui>BKK on a PCX and only used the main highway sparingly. definitely much more danger and idiot users there at those speeds.

ps; the 125 Click engine is the old PCX 125 engine and the PCX 150 unit is virtually the same one but with bigger capacity.
    Last edited by Loop; 4th December 2016 at 17:22.

The speedometer on the Nouvo I have rented max out at 170km/h.
    I suppose that means I can barely get past 150km/h.

Oh well, I have no intentions of trying it out.
    On open road I find about 80km/h (-10%?) the top comfortable speed on those little rascals.
    In the city I usually do not exceed 40km/h

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    The speedometer on the Nouvo I have rented max out at 170km/h.
    I suppose that means I can barely get past 150km/h.

Oh well, I have no intentions of trying it out.
    there's no way it's going to get anywhere near that. what the static gauge goes up to doesn't mean a thing.

this one just struggles to get a little over an indicated 100. much less actual...i'd bet money on it.

LivinLOS likes this.

Mt preferred bike is the SH150.
    I find the size is much better. The smaller bikes I trip over, particularly 2 up. Knees hit the bars etc.
    I got the sh because it was better in tight maneuver situations, except is wider in the rear.

But it's comfortable and opens up on the highway well...

And I don't keep hitting my knees on the bars.
    LivinLOS likes this.

This one is really nice. But my 5y old son is currently riding a toddler scooter from ***************and he is so happy about that. If you want to buy a scooter to your child, these are the best options available on the market right now.
    Last edited by dawsey; 21st April 2019 at 21:51. Reason: external website removed

Quote Originally Posted by soap94 View Post
    This one is really nice. But my 5y old son is currently riding a toddler scooter from ***************and he is so happy about that. If you want to buy a scooter to your child, these are the best options available on the market right now.
    No more external website links please. The above one has been removed.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12