Finally a good looking scooter to replace my Honda Airblade

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/11/y...ow-live-249829

3 models available
    Standard Version: white and red. Recommended price 63,900 Baht
    R Version: - black, yellow and blue. Recommended price 66,900 Baht
    ABS Version: white - gray and gray. Recommended price 73,900 Baht

aerox2.jpg

aerox.jpg

Last edited by Philly; 1st December 2016 at 11:41.

My advice...leave Yammies alone.

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    I am normally a Honda guy but I hate the PCX

PCX look ugly but really perform. The Click 125 is the go.

I like the look and ride of the new Yamaha NMax (155cc)....but once again its a Yamaha...I had a Yamaha Nuovo and it was a proper biatch to get started...apart from that I liked it...that should have been addresses with the Nmax being all electronic start and fuel injected (same as the PCX)

I've had a PCX for about 6 years now and it has been faultless...it is the old 125cc model and I would like to upgrade it for that squeeze more power (now 150cc) but I actually like the look of mine much better than the new model....

Honda's hold their value much better than the Yamaha's...and Suzukis lose half their value on the ride out of the showroom

Can you get a full face under the seat ??

Theres some really nice scoot now.. Mates bought the Scomadi 125s which went fast and look great..

But the total lack of under seat storage or helmet lock makes them a lot less practical. May as well have a Sonic (new Fi Sonic being sold) or raider with way more poke..
    nelsonone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Can you get a full face under the seat ??

Theres some really nice scoot now.. Mates bought the Scomadi 125s which went fast and look great..

But the total lack of under seat storage or helmet lock makes them a lot less practical. May as well have a Sonic (new Fi Sonic being sold) or raider with way more poke..
    Yes, you can get a full face helmet under the seat, also has a cigarette lighter port for charging your phone (or in my case also my drone batteries)

I halfway agree with this. I have had a Nouvo for a few years and whilst the design and performance seem good there are certainly quality control issues.

Both rear indicators literally fell off when the rubber mount perished (bike only 3 years old).
    Had to replace the front brake master cylinder piston twice in 4 years as it isn't environmentally sealed and lets moisture in so allowing corrosion build up.
    Chronic vibration from new though this has lessened as the bike ages.

Tag on the very poor resale value compared to a Honda and they don't seem like a good idea.

I will say that I much prefer the handling of the Nouvo compared to a click, just feels a lot more responsive.

I agree, the Click 125 is a very good scooter. I have a couple and as an all around bike they are good. Also have a honda scoopy, which I seem to like riding more then the click, still not sure why, but I find they handle well.

Waves which I also have are also a very reliable and good bike, seem to be bullet proof, but lack the refinement of the click and scoopy.

Never like the look of the PCX, so have never owned one.

I find the Yamaha Nouvo suitable for day to day use and shopping.
    Renting this for 1666 a month in Pattaya

Seems I am being moderated already 555 didn't take long. :-)

Thirteen34

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen34 View Post
    Seems I am being moderated already 555 didn't take long. :-)

Thirteen34

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    Has to do with attachments or links, trying to avoid spammers, so new members are controlled a bit more tightly.

a PCX is a much better option,IMO. just as good around town and great on long trips too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    a PCX is a much better option,IMO. just as good around town and great on long trips too.
    Longer trips I agree 100%, a PCX is great.
    When in Pattaya I always rent a bike and have rented PCX as well.
    The PCX IMO is way too big and clumsy in dense traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    The PCX IMO is way too big and clumsy in dense traffic.
    i'd consider a Forza to be like that. try a big multi cylinder bike through traffic. anything smaller than that is easy...it's all comparative i guess.

traffic was a breeze on my PCX and a bit quicker off the lights than a Click. heaps more under seat storage and after the seat mod, multiple riding positions,which is just what you need on longer rides.
    if your just riding a few k's at a time there's nothing wrong with a Click.
    LivinLOS likes this.

i'd consider a Forza to be like that. try a big multi cylinder bike through traffic. anything smaller than that is easy...it's all comparative i guess.

traffic was a breeze on my PCX and a bit quicker off the lights than a Click. heaps more under seat storage and after the seat mod, multiple riding positions,which is just what you need on longer rides.
    Having concluded that (for me) the PCX is too clumsy, no way will I rent an even bigger one
    I have rented a 125 PCX and as I stated on a longer trip the most comfortable I have tried.
    IMO a Yamaha 135 is much quicker off the light than the 125 PCX.
    Neither bike will allow storage of my helmet under the seat.

traffic was a breeze on my PCX and a bit quicker off the lights than a Click.
    I find the click to be very fast. I haven't tried anything else for the last 5 years, but judging from the traffic lights my Click 125i is way faster than all the other scooters. It does lack a little the first minute or so until it gets warm.

How much is a few k's? I have no problem riding long trips on my Click, like from Chiang Mai to Phuket. I do not need the extra speed of a bigger scooter as 90-100 km/h is plenty most of the time. Also, I really need the extra space in front for luggage. It would have been nice with a bigger tank for the long trips, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I find the click to be very fast. I haven't tried anything else for the last 5 years, but judging from the traffic lights my Click 125i is way faster than all the other scooters. It does lack a little the first minute or so until it gets warm.
    Thais-young blokes on Clicks wouldn't weigh more than 50 kgs? easily beat them off the mark at lights and until i back off, regularly around CM. i back off at 80 and they keep going. PCX is 150cc?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    How much is a few k's? I have no problem riding long trips on my Click, like from Chiang Mai to Phuket. I do not need the extra speed of a bigger scooter as 90-100 km/h is plenty most of the time. Also, I really need the extra space in front for luggage. It would have been nice with a bigger tank for the long trips, though.
    well,people do it on pushbikes too.not my scene. the slower on the open road the more danger you encounter,from my experience.
    nothing wrong with doing long trips on them but one will be more comfortable/suitable than the other...guaranteed.

and don't be fooled by your speedo. an indicated 100 will be more like 90,unless you've checked it with a GPS? it would be quite rare if it were spot on.
    112 on my PCX was 102 on the GPS. it was most comfortable at 100....so 90kms/hr. and as i said stretching the legs out fully was also an option as well as sitting with the feet flat on the footrests. makes a lot of difference on long trips,IMO.
    Last edited by Loop; 4th December 2016 at 15:40.

WTF
    Would be worth paying the extra for ABS would like to ride one.

Thais-young blokes on Clicks wouldn't weigh more than 50 kgs? easily beat them off the mark at lights and until i back off, regularly around CM. i back off at 80 and they keep going. PCX is 150cc?
    I usually beat everyone. Perhaps starting at the lights is not the best way to compare. Maybe there is some reliable data for 0-60 for the various models somewhere?

and don't be fooled by your speedo. an indicated 100 will be more like 90,unless you've checked it with a GPS?
    I realize that you cannot trust the indicated speed. That's why I wrote 90-100. I haven't tried to measure with a GPS, although it would be nice to know the real speed when riding at 60, 70, 80, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast