Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By dontpanic
  • 2 Post By Stillearly
  • 1 Post By BroTiger
  • 1 Post By BroTiger
  • 7 Post By LivinLOS

Thread: ItΕxit ... are people finaly Fed Up

ItΕxit ... are people finaly Fed Up

First BrExit, then ObExit (not giving HillyClit a third Obummer term) and now "chaos' in Italy that could lead to the third largest EU economy departing the euro or even EU ... ItExit

THREE stunning defeats for establishments in about six months

Italy referendum: PM Matteo Renzi resigns after clear referendum defeat

Italy wakes up on Monday to the threat of a banking crisis, political turmoil, and a group of anti-establishment populists banging on the doors of government. Eurozone beware and EU be warned. Italy is the euro currency's third largest economy and it's in for a bumpy ride. And there are more unpredictable votes to come in 2017: in France, Germany the Netherlands and perhaps here in Italy too.
    <snip>
    The referendum comes in the wake of the Brexit vote in the UK in June, and coincides with the rise of the anti-immigrant Front National in France and populist parties elsewhere. It also comes less than a month after the election of Donald Trump in the United States.
    Read more

You forgot to mention Austria

Maybe if they listened when countries voted against further integration and expansion treaties but the eu ploughed ahead anyway they would not be in yet another crisis!
    LivinLOS likes this.

I read that 2 out of 6 Germans want out of the EU. With France and Holland both having elections next year could be another couple of referendums on exiting.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Burn it all down.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    You forgot to mention Austria
    The far right candidate lost ..
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    First BrExit, then ObExit (not giving HillyClit a third Obummer term) and now "chaos' in Italy that could lead to the third largest EU economy departing the euro or even EU ... ItExit

THREE stunning defeats for establishments in about six months

Italy referendum: PM Matteo Renzi resigns after clear referendum defeat

Italy wakes up on Monday to the threat of a banking crisis, political turmoil, and a group of anti-establishment populists banging on the doors of government. Eurozone beware and EU be warned. Italy is the euro currency's third largest economy and it's in for a bumpy ride. And there are more unpredictable votes to come in 2017: in France, Germany the Netherlands and perhaps here in Italy too.
    <snip>
    The referendum comes in the wake of the Brexit vote in the UK in June, and coincides with the rise of the anti-immigrant Front National in France and populist parties elsewhere. It also comes less than a month after the election of Donald Trump in the United States.
    Read more
    Italy is used to this , they have had 63 Governents in the last 70 years , looks like it will be another caretaker govt until elections in 2017 or even 2018

"obexit" is one of the most stupid things ever , I thought presidents could only stand two terms anyway ?
    Waharoa and Captain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    "obexit" is one of the most stupid things ever , I thought presidents could only stand two terms anyway ?
    Electing HillyClit would have been like a third Obummer term ... except he appears to be sober.
    So come 20 January 2017, Obexit will be 100%

Given Hillary's presumption that it was her turn to be crowned Queen of the World, 'Obexit' is entirely appropriate. It was an upset of the Dem Establishment by the great unwashed masses. Thank goodness the Electoral College fulfilled its function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MrDK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    I read that 2 out of 6 Germans want out of the EU. With France and Holland both having elections next year could be another couple of referendums on exiting.
    What is worying is that in Holland last election only 37% voted

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    Given Hillary's presumption that it was her turn to be crowned Queen of the World, 'Obexit' is entirely appropriate. It was an upset of the Dem Establishment by the great unwashed masses. Thank goodness the Electoral College fulfilled its function.

if Obama had been allowed a third term or the Dems had picked a less tainted candidate than Hillary , do you think we would have seen them same result , Obamas approval rating is still fairly high , over 50% I thought

Anyway doesn't matter , still think it is a stupid Acronym , Brexit is catchy , none of the variations are

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    What is worying is that in Holland last election only 37% voted
    With the current uncertainty in the EU, you would hope the Dutch voters won't be so apathetic come election time in 2017. 37% is an incredibly low turnout.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Approval ratings now have the same credibility as election forecasts - zilch.
    Yes, it's too bad that Obexit doesn't have the same ring to it as Brexit, but the parallels are still there.

Thirteen34 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BroTiger View Post
    Approval ratings now have the same credibility as election forecasts - zilch.
    Yes, it's too bad that Obexit doesn't have the same ring to it as Brexit, but the parallels are still there.

Didn't the voters / Trump do the same to the GOP leadership during the primaries ?

Obexit is just plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    if Obama had been allowed a third term or the Dems had picked a less tainted candidate than Hillary , do you think we would have seen them same result , Obamas approval rating is still fairly high , over 50% I thought

Anyway doesn't matter , still think it is a stupid Acronym , Brexit is catchy , none of the variations are
    Quitaly ???

Come on.. That works !!

Still perfectly happy with my country (Norway) voting no in the first place. Twice. Voted no myself in the second referendum in 1994.

Too bad there's no cheap pun available for No (ruttin') way... Quitaly... Love it 555.
    Last edited by sundancekid; 8th December 2016 at 21:32.

Quitaly definitely has a good ring to it.