Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: CIA? Not fit to brief a President?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911

    CIA? Not fit to brief a President?

    Even realising some of the strident lefties on here have little knowledge of world affairs I find it incomprehensible that they should be championing the importance of the daily CIA briefings of the President Elect.

    The CIA role in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam was pretty shameful. Some on here can detail the deceit and lies perpetrated on the US public.

    I recently watched "Colonia" which detailed the excesses in Chile of the Pinochet regime. Pinochet was installed as dictator of Chile by a CIA supported coup to replace the democratically elected regime. "Colonia" details some of the excesses the CIA supported. it is worth checking the story behind the dramatised movie so you are aware of the facts.

    Their incompetence in the Middle East is obvious. Bin Laden lived "in plain sight" for years in Pakistan before any action was taken.

    And the left want these incompetent war mongers to give the new president daily briefings?
    After the incompetents are cleaned out maybe, but certainly the briefings are a waste of time now and clearly Trump knows this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,282
    It doesn't matter. Your BuffoonPresident gets all his news on Twitter...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    The CIA role in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam was pretty shameful. Some on here can detail the deceit and lies perpetrated on the US public.
    Was that against the will of the US president at the time?

    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    After the incompetents are cleaned out maybe, but certainly the briefings are a waste of time now and clearly Trump knows this.
    Some people goes to the extreme to defend Trump. Russia really is not that bad, it's OK that Russia interfere in a US election, the intelligence briefings really is not worth anything ...

  4. #4
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    It doesn't matter. Your BuffoonPresident gets all his news on Twitter...
    Welcome to the 21st century ... Obummer missed it.
    These "staged" press conferences where the press decides who sits where and who will be called to ask questions is passé.

  5. #5
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    Welcome to the 21st century ... Obummer missed it.
    These "staged" press conferences where the press decides who sits where and who will be called to ask questions is passé.
    So now we have a President-elect who goes on Twitter rants and misspells words....

    The amount of ignorance seemingly intelligent people are willing to put up with in regards to Trump is baffling

  6. #6
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Even realising some of the strident lefties on here have little knowledge of world affairs I find it incomprehensible that they should be championing the importance of the daily CIA briefings of the President Elect.

    The CIA role in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam was pretty shameful. Some on here can detail the deceit and lies perpetrated on the US public.

    I recently watched "Colonia" which detailed the excesses in Chile of the Pinochet regime. Pinochet was installed as dictator of Chile by a CIA supported coup to replace the democratically elected regime. "Colonia" details some of the excesses the CIA supported. it is worth checking the story behind the dramatised movie so you are aware of the facts.

    Their incompetence in the Middle East is obvious. Bin Laden lived "in plain sight" for years in Pakistan before any action was taken.

    And the left want these incompetent war mongers to give the new president daily briefings?
    After the incompetents are cleaned out maybe, but certainly the briefings are a waste of time now and clearly Trump knows this.
    I guess you are conveniently forgetting their correct assessments, but that doesn't play into your narrative.....So why bother with acknowledging them, hey?

    Maybe just one......Like they were 100% spot on about the 9/11 attacks and the Bush Administration ignored them at every step



    So let me ask a question to all you right wingers dismissing intelligence now.....
    How do you suppose that Trump gets his intelligence?
    You surely can't think he knows everything there is to know about all the ins and outs of what is going on in the world, do you?

  7. #7
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,574
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    So now we have a President-elect who goes on Twitter rants and misspells words....

    The amount of ignorance seemingly intelligent people are willing to put up with in regards to Trump is baffling
    I was referring neither to misspellings not rants, only form of communication.
    If you are so gung-ho about correctness, why not mention Obummer's "corpseman" or "57 US states"

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Some people goes to the extreme to defend Trump. Russia really is not that bad, it's OK that Russia interfere in a US election, the intelligence briefings really is not worth anything ...
    Assange's guy says it wasn't the Russians. Only the CIA says it is but they can't produce the proof even after all this time.
    Any political party that has that little regard for internet security really isn't fit to hold office.
    Any political party senior officials who were stupid enough to commit the appalling content to emails lack just plain common sense and decency, or is that the standard you now expect of the Democratic party?
    Last edited by TLandHim; 21st December 2016 at 09:26.

  9. #9
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    I was referring neither to misspellings not rants, only form of communication.
    If you are so gung-ho about correctness, why not mention Obummer's "corpseman" or "57 US states"
    So you think his form of communication is appropriate for our President?
    Anybody who dares write a review of his horrendous looking restaurant that no real New Yorker would step foot in, gets ridiculed on Twitter, a Union guy gives the facts about the actual# of jobs saved and gets ridiculed?
    You think all of that is appropriate?

    That's not even touching on this moron tweeting about China and possibly starting wars

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Was that against the will of the US president at the time?
    The presidents were misinformed, whether they would have altered history I don't know, but the information given to them was false and they acted on that.
    Do you not believe civil servants should be held to the highest standard and punished when they fail?

    Read "A Bright Shining Lie" by Neil Sheehan for a great expose on the Vietnam War. Sheehan won the Non Fiction Pulitzer Prize for it. Oh! and just to make it more palatable to left wingers he was a reporter for The New York Times.

  11. #11
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Assange's guy says it wasn't the Russians. Only the CIA says it is but they can't produce the proof even after all this time.
    Any political party that has that little regard for internet security really isn't fit to hold office.
    Any political party senior officials who were stupid enough to commit the appalling content to emails lack just plain common sense and decency, or is that the standard you now expect of the Democratic party?
    Again false.....And you have to know what you are saying is false because you are well read on all of this.
    It's not just the CIA , it's a # of govt agencies saying that Russia was behind the hacking and also contrary to what some of you right wingers have stated on here.......They came out and said this in October before the elections.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Assange's guy says it wasn't the Russians. Only the CIA says it is but they can't produce the proof even after all this time.
    Any political party that has that little regard for internet security really isn't fit to hold office.
    Any political party senior officials who were stupid enough to commit the appalling content to emails lack just plain common sense and decency, or is that the standard you now expect of the Democratic party?
    Assange isn't exactly non-partisan in this matter. And we have seen plenty of misinformation from him about coming, damming revelations that never materialized.

    No, not only the CIA, ALL the intelligence agencies. And before they said anything, several computer forensic experts said the same. Yet, you chose to believe the Russians and Trump.

    Any political party then mush include the GOP, as they, allegedly, was also hacked.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    The presidents were misinformed, whether they would have altered history I don't know, but the information given to them was false and they acted on that.
    So, not against the will of the president, more likely on the order of the president.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I guess you are conveniently forgetting their correct assessments, but that doesn't play into your narrative.....So why bother with acknowledging them, hey?

    Maybe just one......Like they were 100% spot on about the 9/11 attacks and the Bush Administration ignored them at every step
    That's rubbish to be polite
    As usual factless statements just thrown out hoping no one ever questions them

    A few days after the attacks, FBI Director Robert Mueller announced: "There were no warning signs that I'm aware of that would indicate this type of operation in the country

    July 10th the CIA Director -
    “Tenet vividly recalls the White House meeting with Rice and her team. (George W. Bush was on a trip to Boston.) “Rich [Blee] started by saying, ‘There will be significant terrorist attacks against the United States in the coming weeks or months. The attacks will be spectacular. They may be multiple. Al Qaeda’s intention is the destruction of the United States.’” [Condi said:] ‘What do you think we need to do?’ Black responded by slamming his fist on the table, and saying, ‘We need to go on a wartime footing now!’”

    Just too vague to be of any specific use. They should have been onto the terrorists training in Florida and guarded against hijacking.

  15. #15
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    So now we have a President-elect who goes on Twitter rants and misspells words....

    The amount of ignorance seemingly intelligent people are willing to put up with in regards to Trump is baffling
    Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black??? How many words do YOU misspell on YOUR rants???5555
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    So, not against the will of the president, more likely on the order of the president.
    You would need to educate yourself a hell of a lot better to be able to make that statement.

    I have spent time on the subject and lived through it as well, and my conclusion is that neither Kennedy nor Johnson really knew what the governments were like that they were supporting and the actual goings on in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. I have had limited conversations with combatants on both sides and certainly have a better understanding of the conflicts now, and I am always learning more.

  17. #17
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black??? How many words do YOU misspell on YOUR rants???5555
    I'm not the President and as I have stated on these forums countless times.
    I can assure you that my emails to my customers that pay me 100's of thousands per year are grammatically correct with not one misspelling
    And internet forum.......Mmm, don't care so much 555

  18. #18
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,467
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    That's rubbish to be polite
    As usual factless statements just thrown out hoping no one ever questions them

    A few days after the attacks, FBI Director Robert Mueller announced: "There were no warning signs that I'm aware of that would indicate this type of operation in the country

    July 10th the CIA Director -
    “Tenet vividly recalls the White House meeting with Rice and her team. (George W. Bush was on a trip to Boston.) “Rich [Blee] started by saying, ‘There will be significant terrorist attacks against the United States in the coming weeks or months. The attacks will be spectacular. They may be multiple. Al Qaeda’s intention is the destruction of the United States.’” [Condi said:] ‘What do you think we need to do?’ Black responded by slamming his fist on the table, and saying, ‘We need to go on a wartime footing now!’”

    Just too vague to be of any specific use. They should have been onto the terrorists training in Florida and guarded against hijacking.
    There is multiple verified reports of nimeorus intelligence briefings months ahead of 9/11 that were very specific.

    If you don't want to live in a world of facts, I certainly won't waste my time posting any links to them.

    I will allow you to make a fool out of yourself, no need for me to do that
    Dupree likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Assange isn't exactly non-partisan in this matter. And we have seen plenty of misinformation from him about coming, damming revelations that never materialized.

    No, not only the CIA, ALL the intelligence agencies. And before they said anything, several computer forensic experts said the same. Yet, you chose to believe the Russians and Trump.
    .
    Comprehension is not your strong suit is it?

    I never said whether it was the Russians or not. That is not the issue.
    The FBI have said they haven't any proof it was the Russians.

    Would it make you feel better if it was the North Koreans?

    The issue is two fold.
    1. The contents, do you agree that some of the emails were appalling?
    2. The absolute stupidity of such little protection from hacking. What were they thinking?
    Any political party then mush include the GOP, as they, allegedly, was also hacked

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    Just too vague to be of any specific use. They should have been onto the terrorists training in Florida and guarded against hijacking.
    You are right, there were not reports saying that were going to fly planes into the World Trade Center at 9/11. However, there were plenty of reports saying something very serious were under way, and that they needed to do something. Bush chose to to nothing.
    Dupree likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •