Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: UK Election 2017

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^But how can you vote for a party that has no idea how to finance all these promises. Increased taxation alone wn't cover it.
    And Corbyn will fuck up the Brexit negotiations without doubt.
    Because I am selfish.. and Labour getting in will help me immensely businesswise... ;-)

But don't worry.. he won't win... unless Theresa does something really stupid...

I'm not really following this at all... but always interested in how political trends move back and forth. Any political fraction or party that has ever uttered those fateful words that the electorate has spoken... and ideologically rejected what the opposition stands for and ultimately justified ours... will eventually have to eat their own words. Bigly 555.

So Labour voters are simply just stupid young people who only want more free stuff? Nothing more to it? Sounds similar to the analysis I made prior to the last US election, only with a different ideological sign and demographics. Don't ever underestimate the power --- or the perception --- of stupidity... It's the usual ebb and flow of politics, isn't it?

Just mostly pleased to see far-right parties like UKIP tanking. So more interested in that particular trend across Europe since Trump and Brexit...
    Last edited by sundancekid; 2nd June 2017 at 19:32.

^But how can you vote for a party that has no idea how to finance all these promises. Increased taxation alone wn't cover it.
    And Corbyn will fuck up the Brexit negotiations without doubt.
    Still living in a sandcastle?
    The lines for a Brexit are drawn, and whoever negotiates for the UK will have to go with that... or leave without an agreement
    This elections are purely a British internal afair forget that one will do better than the other. Whatever May may say, she is lying for the elections (and knows better) or she is stupid.
    Changone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Still living in a sandcastle?
    The lines for a Brexit are drawn, and whoever negotiates for the UK will have to go with that... or leave without an agreement
    This elections are purely a British internal afair forget that one will do better than the other. Whatever May may say, she is lying for the elections (and knows better) or she is stupid.
    The lines maybe drawn, but if that drunken fool Junkers thinks the UK will pay £90b or whatever to leave he is madder than I thought.
    I see a very big fallout between the UK and the hardline EU countries if neither get what they want out of it.

From a personal viewpoint my stance is pay not a single £ more into the EU, pay nothing to leave in 2019, and Au revoir.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Because I am selfish.. and Labour getting in will help me immensely businesswise... ;-)

But don't worry.. he won't win... unless Theresa does something really stupid...
    555 Jeremy has promised the earth but has no idea how to finance half of it. You are backing the wrong horse especially if/when he doesn't fulfill most of his pledges.

And remember the Brexit vote? Everyone thought remaining was a done deal. Tory voters relying on an automatic win could be seriously upset.

I guess in a civilsed world it is normal that you pay for the commitments you made and the agreements you signed.
    Some people worked for you in the EU, and it is normal that you help paying for their pension.

Dawsey would you also agree that Scotland shouldn't pay anything or accept any debts if they leave the U.K.? 555

Labours policies are costed, it's the Theresa Party who haven't bothered to cost theirs as they're so confident in the outcome.

None of them are going to fulfill most of their pledges ffs it's politics!!
    Waharoa likes this.

And remember the Brexit vote? Everyone thought remaining was a done deal. Tory voters relying on an automatic win could be seriously upset.
    True... and not only Brexit, but Trump too... would be sort of amusing though... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    True... and not only Brexit, but Trump too... would be sort of amusing though... 55
    I think the Theresa Party are trying to lose, no matter who has to negotiate with the EU will get a bad deal, and wouldn't they love to blame Labour for that,just as they're still to blame for the worldwide financial crash that the Tories are still helping us recover from.

Would be even more amusing if the LibDems could do it, another EU referendum and legalised weed 555 back in Europe and high as kites!
    Waharoa likes this.

^Trying to lose... 55

I think all they would have to do is threaten that they will hold another referendum to lose...

Obviously they're not but I can see the brexit deal scuppering any chance of them winning the next GE.

Quote Originally Posted by stupscott View Post
    Dawsey would you also agree that Scotland shouldn't pay anything or accept any debts if they leave the U.K.? 555

Labours policies are costed, it's the Theresa Party who haven't bothered to cost theirs as they're so confident in the outcome.

None of them are going to fulfill most of their pledges ffs it's politics!!
    Well seeing it will never happen I couldn't really say.

You must be blind if you think Labour's policies are costed............or did Diane Abbott do the costing?
    Last edited by dawsey; 3rd June 2017 at 04:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I guess in a civilsed world it is normal that you pay for the commitments you made and the agreements you signed.
    Some people worked for you in the EU, and it is normal that you help paying for their pension.
    Ever heard of breaking a contract Capt. It's done in business everyday.
    Why pay for something that we will never benefit from?
    By all means pay for goods and services received and those before we officially leave.

Re pensions......err we pay our own National insurance to cover pensions in the UK. The rest of the EU should take care of their own citizens.

The part in bold is one of the very reasons the UK need to be as far away from the EU as possible with that kind of thinking.
    Last edited by dawsey; 3rd June 2017 at 03:30. Reason: correcting spelling
    geir likes this.

Stolen from Denver on FB. Too good not to share

By all means pay for goods and services received and those before we officially leave.

Re pensions......err we pay our own National insurance to cover pensions in the UK. The rest of the EU should take care of their own citizens.

The part in bold is one of the very reasons the UK need to be as far away from the EU as possible with that kind of thinking.
    Though it applies both ways...a lot of UK residents are paid their salary by the EU... a lot of UK companies are invested in by the EU... so I can understand what Captain is saying... it's not just take, take, take... it's give and take... and for me, Brexit just means the give and take is more under the UK's control...

Yes, I heard of breaking a contract. And I also heard that that costs money.

K2
    The reason this thread is not the nightmare length of the US one - is that there are enough sane people in the UK to know that having a Corbyn/Sturgeon alliance is such a horrible prospect that Labour will NEVER win an election again! I'm not at all concerned - City betting currently gives Tungsten Theresa a 60 seat majority, which might be a little on the optimistic side.
    geir likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

UK will get an expensive deal because EU is scared to the bones that others will follow. So I think UK have to focus on US, Russia, Asia and other markets. I think/hope that in 10 years time we will look back at the EU as a foolish and expensive elite establishment.
    Norway is paying pretty much the same as we would if we were members, but at least we have the opportunity to say fuck off.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Just think, If Jeremy Corbyn does get in, we can start a "Jeremy Corbyn" thread....555
    Waharoa and dontpanic like this.

^I'm liking Corbyn more and more... he was brilliant last night in Question Time. Glad he didn't answer the red button question. We all know the answer... but you should never admit it in public... what a shame there aren't more genuine politicians like him... I just love his awkward bumbling honestly...

I thought Theresa did ok as well.. her biggest problem is that she has to bullshit half the time, but she is getting better at it... even I'm starting to believe she was never a Remain supporter.... 55

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast