Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 255
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: UK Election 2017

  1. #1
    K2
    K2 is offline
    Super Moderator K2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,530

    UK Election 2017

    That's the way to do it! Not years of mind numbing bollocks of electioneering bullshit, just 6 weeks to get it done and over with! Well called Mrs May.
    Stillearly and geir like this.
    Its My Life .....!

  2. #2
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,797
    ^ ya don't think that the British people have had enough of elections the past couple of years?....the conservatives went to the polls in 2015 and were told to get on with it...they had the Brexit vote last year and told to get on with that.....and then another vote within the party after Cameron resigned....how many times do they need to be told to get on with it...

    so much for fixed term elections.....this Govt still has 3 more years of it's 5 year term to run...more than enough to bed the Brexit programme down...it just smacks of opportunism...not leading the country/countries
    Last edited by nelsonone; 18th April 2017 at 19:27.
    Changone, stupscott and Captain like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,797
    Oh and BTW..not that there is any real chance of this, but couldn't Labour claim this is a second referendum on Brexit and turn that all around if they win?????...what a total FUCK-UP that would be for the country

    I don't think this early election is in the best interests of the country in the slightest...what the country needs is strong leadership..now....getting on with the Brexit process asap...full steam ahead...without the dog and pony side show that yet another election will surely bring
    Homer likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    747
    ^^Couldnt agree more. This is a brazen act of political opportunism. So much for the assurances of getting on with it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    310
    This guy never fails to hit the nail on the head imo



    And he's right, I just can't get my head around the tories being so far ahead in the polls when they have been privatising the NHS and fuc4ing the disabled since they got in. My only hope is the polls, Brexit/Trump/even the last UK election, are wrong.

    Chairman May 555

  6. #6
    Senior Member steve w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    644
    labour will lose scores of seats!
    Waharoa likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    That's the way to do it! Not years of mind numbing bollocks of electioneering bullshit, just 6 weeks to get it done and over with! Well called Mrs May.
    Yeah, well done. Get this over with and finally go strong on the Brexit.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    labour will lose scores of seats!
    Dunno about that, I think the Conservatives will lose a good slice of that majority which has been a stabilising factor over the past 9 months. A tighter majority complete with some troublesome back benches could spell more trouble ahead.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Dunno about that, I think the Conservatives will lose a good slice of that majority which has been a stabilising factor over the past 9 months. A tighter majority complete with some troublesome back benches could spell more trouble ahead.
    I doubt very much if they will be in weakened position , more like a majority of 100+ seats
    Waharoa likes this.
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

  10. #10
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Oh and BTW..not that there is any real chance of this, but couldn't Labour claim this is a second referendum on Brexit and turn that all around if they win?????...what a total FUCK-UP that would be for the country

    I don't think this early election is in the best interests of the country in the slightest...what the country needs is strong leadership..now....getting on with the Brexit process asap...full steam ahead...without the dog and pony side show that yet another election will surely bring
    I don't think she had any choice.. and has timed it to perfection. May needs to be a leader voted in by the people... not by the party.... and you are right it is opportunism.. and she would be mad not to grasp it while Labour is in a mess...

    I will be amazed if the Conservatives don't have a bigger majority on June 9th... and May will have the people's mandate to lead...

    As for it being in the best interests of the country? What has that got to do with politics? ..55
    LivinLOS likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Geespot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK & Khon Kaen
    Posts
    1,604
    Time to reshape the political landscape and get rid of MPs and Lords who don't respect democracy and the will of the common people

    Labour are dead the lib dems are a laughing stock and wee Jimmy Krankie doesn't give a fook other than her own personal agenda no matter what disasterous outcome it ends up as being

    Time for new politics along the lines of freedom self expression and determination against a global elite and hidden power brokers
    geir, stupscott and Waharoa like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    677
    Sturgeon seems completely obsessed with breaking up the UK these days....be interesting to see how their support has changed...personally think they will be in a worse position after this election plays out!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    747
    Doubtless the Conservatives feel like they are the only viable political option today.
    However, people should remember that it was their leader David Cameron who so recently backed staying in the EU.
    He took this single issue to the people and lost what looked to all the world like a de-facto election.
    It wouldn't take much of a swing to the minors and by default labour, to return a much more volatile and unpredictable government than we have now.

  14. #14
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    I doubt very much if they will be in weakened position , more like a majority of 100+ seats
    If it is it will be due to a completely inept opposition, Cameron got his majority with the promise of the referendum, now that card has been played it will be interesting to see what May's trump card is, her hardline Brexit approach will go down well with at least 50% of the voters.

  15. #15
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    If it is it will be due to a completely inept opposition, Cameron got his majority with the promise of the referendum, now that card has been played it will be interesting to see what May's trump card is, her hardline Brexit approach will go down well with at least 50% of the voters.
    And she will get the votes from people that are scared of changes this time as well......Brexit is going to happen, so why not support the most sensible one?
    She reminds me of an early Maggy Thatcher, strong character that is forcing through what is needed.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,216
    Strong character? That is why they call her Theresa Maybe.
    2 U- turns in less than a year.
    First, against Brexit, then changing as she had the opportunity to become PM.
    Then" no elections", and a few weeks later: elections.
    I guess she will win, but watch out for the young who were against Brexit, but did not vote. They could vote now to show how disappointed they are.
    Time again for politicians to make big promises they can't keep after the elections.
    And I guess whatever the result in the UK, it won't change the negotiation position of the UK.
    Changone likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    3,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Strong character? That is why they call her Theresa Maybe.
    2 U- turns in less than a year.
    First, against Brexit, then changing as she had the opportunity to become PM.
    Then" no elections", and a few weeks later: elections.
    I guess she will win, but watch out for the young who were against Brexit, but did not vote. They could vote now to show how disappointed they are.
    Time again for politicians to make big promises they can't keep after the elections.
    And I guess whatever the result in the UK, it won't change the negotiation position of the UK.
    May wants to be a proper elected prime minister before she start to negotiate with EU.....otherwise she would be as bad as the unelected elite that runs EU today. It makes totally sense to do this now to stabilize UK and make some of the lefties shut up and accept what is happening.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,216
    Hold on... the EU has a parliament, all members are elected. There is a commision, commissaries are chosen by the parliament. So where is the unelected elite?
    I can agree that their wages are way to high for what they do. Even Farrage and other Eurosceptics who are against the EU takes the money every month...Farrage could have demissioned after the Brexit, but I guess he loves the money to much.

  19. #19
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    3,378
    If I'm not wrong they are not elected by the people, they are elected by the politicians that got elected in the member countries. So it weakens the democracy, and even if the government in a member country get sacked, their chosen EU guy will still sit...
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,216
    Yes, but the parliament is elected by the people in the member states.
    I don't know how it is in Norway, but in Belgium we elect a parliament, and the majority of the parliament elects a gouvernment, not the people. We, as "the people" don't elect a gouvernment. Our elected parliament members form a gouvernment.
    In the US and France, the citizens elect aPresident. Belgium and Holland elect a parliament.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •