Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A suitable new neighbour

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Dont worry, we understand that you are a victim of your surroundings....
    And which surroundings are those?

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    My parents lived in a town which was full of meth users... they were the ones who used to break into their shop and house... won't bore you with that story again... 55

But it's a definite blight on NZ's lifestyle... as seems to pervade all parts of society now...

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Probably that U.S. role-model has a lot to do with it.

That and the lack of proper condom usage...you know, all that "e coli bacteria" from sheep feces. 555
    We export most of our lamb to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    My parents lived in a town which was full of meth users... they were the ones who used to break into their shop and house... won't bore you with that story again... 55

But it's a definite blight on NZ's lifestyle... as seems to pervade all parts of society now...
    I just don't understand how people can see the debilitating physical effects meth has and decide to do to it

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I just don't understand how people can see the debilitating physical effects meth has and decide to do to it
    Because they are bored? And a lot of the time.. not overly smart. At least not the ones I encountered...

You say it yourself. You live in a meth-selling community with cars driving around with screeching wheels..

No wonder you post so much drivel, using meth all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    You say it yourself. You live in a meth-selling community with cars driving around with screeching wheels..

No wonder you post so much drivel, using meth all the time....
    No I don't live where the plebs live. Pay enough money for your suburb and you aren't bothered by riff raff.
    This was a rental property.

No I don't live where the plebs live. Pay enough money for your suburb and you aren't bothered by riff raff.
    This was a rental property.
    When I am back in Auckland staying with friends in Remuera... it reminds me what growing up in West Auckland used to be like 40 years ago... back then, life was simple everywhere... you didn't have to pay too much for it.

When I am back in Auckland staying with friends in Remuera... it reminds me what growing up in West Auckland used to be like 40 years ago... back then, life was simple everywhere... you didn't have to pay too much for it.
    Tried buying a house in Remuera lately...I did some extensions/redevelopment of Remuera houses back when i lived there and they were in the $5M range...not sure what they would be worth nowdays
    Last edited by nelsonone; 13th March 2018 at 23:14.
    TLandHim likes this.

just had a quick check and the median house price in Rem is $2M+...so not sure what point you are making Waharoa?...

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Tried buying a house in Remuera lately...I did some extensions/redevelopment of Remuera houses back when i lived there and they were in the $5M range...not sure what they would be worth nowdays
    My friend bought a house on Remuera Road for I think around $750,000 about 5 years ago. He did say it was worth over a million now. Just a simple 3 bed house, much like the one I grew up in. But when I stay there, I get the same feeling I felt as a kid in West Auckland. Friendly young families all around... the same working demographic... probably considered middle class now, but then all my friends were in families of that ilk. Not super rich or anything. .

Now West Auckland is a rental area and getting more and more deprived by the year... but back in the 70s and 80s... the area where I grew up felt like Remuera Road does now in terms of the people... at least that part of Remuera where my mate lives. Not all of Remuera is big flash multi-millionaire houses.

Not sure if this explains it or not? ..55
    nelsonone and TLandHim like this.

My friend bought a house on Remuera Road for I think around $750,000 about 5 years ago. He did say it was worth over a million now. Just a simple 3 bed house, much like the one I grew up in. But when I stay there, I get the same feeling I felt as a kid in West Auckland. Friendly young families all around... the same working demographic... probably considered middle class now, but then all my friends were in families of that ilk. Not super rich or anything. .

Now West Auckland is a rental area and getting more and more deprived by the year... but back in the 70s and 80s... the area where I grew up felt like Remuera Road does now in terms of the people... at least that part of Remuera where my mate lives. Not all of Remuera is big flash multi-millionaire houses.

Not sure if this explains it or not? ..55
    Damn...$750k is pretty spendy to me.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    If that is 750k NZ$ its not so much. Under £400k GBP and $550k US
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

The average house price in Auckland is now just over NZ$1million. Or GB£500,000 or US$730,000. So he was probably right his house is well over a million now. But rest of NZ is a lot cheaper... Auckland has gone mad.

Tn, you live in one of the great places in the world.
    I love those beautiful houses in Franklin Tn, prettiest town I have been in.

Prices are pretty crazy in Auckland and because of geographical location will only get higher

We were looking at houses just out of Phoenix AZ recently, just looking, not intending to buy and what you would pay US$220,000 in Phoenix, for you would pay NZ$1.5m or US $1.1m in Auckland. (4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms etc)
    tnlawyer likes this.

An update on the original post
    The policeman picked up the keys yesterday and started moving in.

I would think that the home run business over the road will close pretty quick.

By the way, the cop is a lovely guy, very nice teenage children, just the sort of guy you need both as a cop and in the local community.
    Pablo likes this.

Tn, you live in one of the great places in the world.
    I love those beautiful houses in Franklin Tn, prettiest town I have been in.

Prices are pretty crazy in Auckland and because of geographical location will only get higher

We were looking at houses just out of Phoenix AZ recently, just looking, not intending to buy and what you would pay US$220,000 in Phoenix, for you would pay NZ$1.5m or US $1.1m in Auckland. (4 bedrooms 3 bathrooms etc)
    But then you have to live in Phoenix!!!

I see no appeal to the place..............
    That being said I am spending Easter weekend there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12