Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By MrDK
  • 1 Post By MrDK
  • 2 Post By MrDK

Thread: The flight from Hell...

Progressive Liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Must admit I have smelt so bad myself sometimes its made me want to vomit! But after 30 hours flying.. I smell bad! ..55

Reminds me of a candidate I had coming to the company for an interview flying CVG-BDL.
    A passenger sitting behind him became airsickness ill and rather than grapping the barf bag decided to do it projectile.
    I met him at the gate (back then you could) and his white shirt was stained and wet (lots of club soda) his hair was messed as well.
    He received the worst of it, but at least six passengers received a share.
    It sure was embarrassing for him to arrive for a 2-day interview with semi washed off puke on him.
    I got him to his hotel so he could shower, went to the company and got him a company logoed shirt and he was go to go to dinner.
    The "fun" did not stop there.
    We went to my favorite restaurant, Saybrook Fish House, only to realize that the restaurant was fully booked on a midweek night, unusual.
    That was when I learned that I was valentine's day and we could only get a table for two in the bar, pink tablecloth, red and white carnations, little love notes on the table, and heart shaped sugar candy.
    I am sure people around thought we had just come out of the closet.
    The end of the story was that he did get the job and became one of my top sales people.
    TLandHim, Waharoa and dawsey like this.

My older brother was an FAA Air Traffic Controller, working the tower at McCarran Airport, Las Vegas.

He told a story of one hot (and bumpy) summer afternoon, when a light Cessna aircraft took off and was given directions of a "heading" (compass direction) to fly on departure. The airplane started veering from the course, and my brother repeated to him, to fly a "heading" of XXX degrees. No reply and still veering, my brother then repeated the instruction, and asked if the aircraft was "reading" him? Still no reply, and he asked again if the aircraft was hearing him? Finally, the Cessna pilot responded with, "I read you, just a minute though."

Shortly after that, the pilot asked for the Tower to repeat the instructions. My brother then told him to turn left immediately to a heading of XXX degrees, to avoid traffic. With a shaken voice, the pilot responded with, "I can't fly a heading, because my wife has thrown up on the instrument panel...I can't see the compass!" 5555

I bet that airplane smelled!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    Reminds me of a candidate I had coming to the company for an interview flying CVG-BDL.
    A passenger sitting behind him became airsickness ill and rather than grapping the barf bag decided to do it projectile.
    I met him at the gate (back then you could) and his white shirt was stained and wet (lots of club soda) his hair was messed as well.
    He received the worst of it, but at least six passengers received a share.
    It sure was embarrassing for him to arrive for a 2-day interview with semi washed off puke on him.
    I got him to his hotel so he could shower, went to the company and got him a company logoed shirt and he was go to go to dinner.
    The "fun" did not stop there.
    We went to my favorite restaurant, Saybrook Fish House, only to realize that the restaurant was fully booked on a midweek night, unusual.
    That was when I learned that I was valentine's day and we could only get a table for two in the bar, pink tablecloth, red and white carnations, little love notes on the table, and heart shaped sugar candy.
    I am sure people around thought we had just come out of the closet.
    The end of the story was that he did get the job and became one of my top sales people.
    Saybrook/Old Saybrook is a beautiful part of Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Must admit I have smelt so bad myself sometimes its made me want to vomit! But after 30 hours flying.. I smell bad! ..55
    Then you aren't washing properly to smell that bad

I told this before but on a flight on a smaller plane some backpacker sat next to me and reeked of BO so bad
    I immediately raised my hand and told the stewardess I needed to change seats because the kid smelt so bad.....right in front of him
    Then turned to him and told him he should take a shower before flying with others

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Saybrook/Old Saybrook is a beautiful part of Connecticut
    It sure is, but Saybrook fish house is in Cromwell is in Rocky Hills (half way through CT towards Mass.
    A previous boss lived in old Saybrook in a federal style house in the historic part of Old Saybrook.
    His brother lived across the river in Old Lyme (where Lyme decease was discovered)
    PS; There is no town called Saybrook, nor Lyme; Near Old Saybrook is Westbrook and Centerbrook.
    TLandHim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    It sure is, but Saybrook fish house is in Cromwell is in Rocky Hills (half way through CT towards Mass.
    A previous boss lived in old Saybrook in a federal style house in the historic part of Old Saybrook.
    His brother lived across the river in Old Lyme (where Lyme decease was discovered)
    PS; There is no town called Saybrook, nor Lyme; Near Old Saybrook is Westbrook and Centerbrook.
    I love how you learn little bits of often useless but none the less interesting information from the internet.
    Our daughter was checked for Lyme disease years back, when she was in the US, and told us it was transmitted from deer.

As it was not present in New Zealand, we had never heard of it before and wife was panicking. Thought it was a very strange name for an animal borne disease but MrDK you have made it all clear the reason it got its name.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    I love how you learn little bits of often useless but none the less interesting information from the internet.
    Our daughter was checked for Lyme disease years back, when she was in the US, and told us it was transmitted from deer.

As it was not present in New Zealand, we had never heard of it before and wife was panicking. Thought it was a very strange name for an animal borne disease but MrDK you have made it all clear the reason it got its name.
    The deer part is only a small part of the story. The bacterial decease is carried and transmitted from a tick call a deer tick which in two thirds of its life has little or nothing to do with deer, but rather feed on rodents, birds and even lizards. Main mutation is from tick to tick which live in grassy or wooded areas.
    An infection can be as serious as syphilis or malaria is and may take years to manifest itself aside from a minor rash or flue like symptoms, but later joint pain and neurologic problems or paralysis may occur. In about 10% of cases it eventually prove fatal.

About a dozen years ago I experienced such tick bite in Connecticut where I lived in the woods. The bite was about an inch from my a-hole and my wife (X) offered to remove it and I am glad she did not and glad that I saw a doctor. It took the doctor 15-20 minutes to remove and I was told that the way is to be patient and tease it out by Very slightly pull with a pair of tweezers which causes the tick to attempt to dick in further, but in doing so it momentarily lose its grip and when done right will come out 1/10 of a millimeter at a time. If broken one could be up shit creek (a pun in my case). After removal he said that there would be a 30% chance of Lyme disease so he gave me the injection as if it was. Three days later I received the results of the test and there was no infection.

Sorry Pablo for the thread fcuk, but it went from another air puke story to a restaurant to a bit of geography to identification of decease discovered next door .... and now this, I hope it does not upset you as your OP is both entertaining and disgusting
    TLandHim and Pablo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Then you aren't washing properly to smell that bad

I told this before but on a flight on a smaller plane some backpacker sat next to me and reeked of BO so bad
    I immediately raised my hand and told the stewardess I needed to change seats because the kid smelt so bad.....right in front of him
    Then turned to him and told him he should take a shower before flying with others
    I agree I wasn't washed properly... I had run about half a mile from one gate to another at Heathrow when transferring planes... and was sweating profusely... that sweat stayed on me all the way to NZ.. over 30 hours later... no chance to shower... tried washing a bit on the plane.. but was hopeless... I was rank... after that I did carry a change of clothes with me in my carry-on for long flights... but even then it doesn't hide the smell... I get BO quite quick on flights... dunno why. I shower twice a day most days... but I always smell... my friends reckon its because I don't sweat water... I sweat grease... 55

Hey, I just worked out why I might be still single... either from that or my bad breath... 55
    Last edited by Waharoa; 1st June 2018 at 13:33.