Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Petter
  • 3 Post By tnlawyer

Thread: The World's Friendliest Countries Revealed

  1. #1
    Senior Member Petter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    307

    The World's Friendliest Countries Revealed

    1 )Portugal

    That was a suprice and no LOS on the list but some neighbors

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennyso.../#52f41d8e54ea
    Dkdude, MrDK and dawsey like this.
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

  2. #2
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,441
    I would never have guessed, but then again I have never been to Portugal.
    A company I worked for some years back had an engineer from Portugal ... one of the smartest fellas I ever met and also super, super friendly.
    Often on Fridays I would pose a challenge that would be hard to solve and invariably he would show up on Mondays with a solution.
    Sorry Rui for stealing your weekend time.

    Of countries I have been to I would rank Philippines and Canada on the very top.
    As for Thailand most are Very kind and Friendly and I would rank then high, but not near the top.
    India has surprised me. For some reason Indian tourists in LOS come across in a negative way, but when I have been in their country I have been greeted with a lot of great hospitality.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bournemouth/Poole UK.
    Posts
    2,096
    I would endorse Portuguese are very friendly people.
    Had a couple of weeks stay on the Algarve back in the 80's and the people there couldn't have been nicer. Like the Spanish, very child friendly folk too.

    Petter's link above doesn't appear to be working but this one, a little more recent shows the same.
    https://www.farandwide.com/s/friendl...0ee1b2420147d7
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  4. #4
    Senior Member tnlawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,485
    I bet if you take out the Northeast, the US ranking goes way up.
    Pablo, TLandHim and Dkdude like this.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    9,723
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I bet if you take out the Northeast, the US ranking goes way up.
    Every time I tell someone I am from Boston//New York almost everyone rave about one or both the cities when they visited
    It usually is the 1st thing they say to me

    I think all of the US is incredibly friendly.................I think much friendlier than Canada, IMO

  6. #6
    Senior Member MrDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I bet if you take out the Northeast, the US ranking goes way up.
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Every time I tell someone I am from Boston//New York almost everyone rave about one or both the cities when they visited
    It usually is the 1st thing they say to me

    I think all of the US is incredibly friendly.................I think much friendlier than Canada, IMO
    Boston is an incredible charming and beautiful city.
    When it comes to the Northeast I think there some times are confusions.
    Eastern Massachusetts and Northern New Jersey is definitely dragging things down.
    About New York ... for starters it is as if there are two, upstate and the metropolitan of NYC.
    I will leave upstate alone as most should agree that it does not drag anything down.
    NYC, I think is a matter of misunderstanding. When I moved to Connecticut because of a job promotion I was hesitant because of the NY rep. After moving there I came to love NYC. They do speak funny and very little sense of patience, hence the phrase "A New Your Minute" which amounts to a couple of seconds. New Yorkers are friendly, helpful and have a great sense of humor Even the police in NYC go out of their way to help.
    The rest of the north east is mostly quaint. I loved central CT. Go to VT, NH or ME and all is good.
    US is full of big cities and with that comes different folks, different strokes. Places like LA, Miami, DC and Chicago definitely drag things down.
    IMO Denmark, where I am from, feature friendliness and hospitality. Big cities like Copenhagen, Århus and Odense sure have some negative attributes.
    I mentioned Philippines, but want to add Manila sucks big time. The rest that I have visited fantastic (at least in terms of people)

  7. #7
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    9,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    Boston is an incredible charming and beautiful city.
    When it comes to the Northeast I think there some times are confusions.
    Eastern Massachusetts and Northern New Jersey is definitely dragging things down.
    About New York ... for starters it is as if there are two, upstate and the metropolitan of NYC.
    I will leave upstate alone as most should agree that it does not drag anything down.
    NYC, I think is a matter of misunderstanding. When I moved to Connecticut because of a job promotion I was hesitant because of the NY rep. After moving there I came to love NYC. They do speak funny and very little sense of patience, hence the phrase "A New Your Minute" which amounts to a couple of seconds. New Yorkers are friendly, helpful and have a great sense of humor Even the police in NYC go out of their way to help.
    The rest of the north east is mostly quaint. I loved central CT. Go to VT, NH or ME and all is good.
    )
    I think people just have a generic view of what's nice and anything outside of that they don't know how to react
    As you learned just because it is in a voice not considered "nice" or "pleasant" and it's quick doesn't mean it's not nice

    My neighborhood is a pretty rough area
    Interactions are way more gruff than in NYC

    Waitresses and local places are your typical grumpy seeming, gravely voice old ladies
    At 1st Ao didn't get it and now absolutely loves those type of ladies/waitresses

    They don't come off all rosy but she loves they call her "honey", rub her back, joke with her
    She just needed to get used to the interaction............


    Oh and some are just assholes 5555
    But you can literally tell them so

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •