Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: About 300 members... Mostly just lookers.

About 300 members... Mostly just lookers.

So after about 6 months, we have 300 members, and only a couple of dozen acutally post.

PI is dead, any ideas to get this forum on the up? LIL has done a great job setting it up, and many thanks for that! Now what? The old PI meant ALOT to me and many, many others.

How do we get the same vibe again? Or at least some new members?

Just putting this out there....

Cheers.
    Last edited by slampay; 19th August 2013 at 01:23.

I think it is "easy" to get the forum up, but I don't think LIL want that. Many of the new users found PI through search, and what they were searching is not what we offer here. If LIL want to go down that road, it is only to start threads about what this and that cost. Where to find it, and of course tour reports - and I am not talking about doing the Mae Hong Son Loop.

Yeah, PI was more a monger's forum. Think the majority of the crowd in here is sick of reading reports on how many tames Mr X came last night, or/and how many blowjobs in what massage he had during daytime.......How handsum he is for not paying barfine, and the great 50Baht beer on Bangla after closing time...
    Do we really need that???
    I like this setting, even if it's more like a friends club at the moment.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I guess if there are only a couple of dozen "friends" then it'll go nowhere fast.

I'm enjoying sticking my nose in from time to time and contributing now and then, but I can't consider myself anybody on here's friend coz I haven't met any of you.....

Where do you lot want it to go is the question that needs to be answered and that can only be answered by you lot !!

By the way, who are you lot = the "friends" ?

A lot of us is people that been meeting up in Phuket for holidays for years or actually been living there. I haven't really checked the member list, but I guess it's 50+ members in here that I actually met and had drinks with..some on regular basis....
    I like it to get bigger too, but not in a "how much is a short time" kind of way.

^^ I hear what you are saying, but....I do miss how diverse PI was and how sometimes different personalities clashed. Many time made for good entertainment. There were just many more points of view on subjects that I would usually never be interested in, but became interested in.
    The members there just seemed closer, even when there were huge disagreements.
    Also, made quite a few friends there, and it seems much more difficult to do on this forum.
    Still, it is great to keep up with the members that have joined here.

A lot of us is people that been meeting up in Phuket for holidays for years or actually been living there.
    I like it to get bigger too, but not in a "how much is a short time" kind of way.
    Maybe just give those questioners the short shift and see if it blossoms naturally...............Or Skype the friends and forget the rest !

K2
    Interesting thread ... looking forward to see input ... especially from the 'lookers' ... before adding my tuppence worth.
    Its My Life .....!

Anyway, it is going to take a long time to build a forum.
    When I joined PI it was similar to this, just a small forum with people that met in MTB or other bars in Patong. It didn't really kick off until just after the tsunami when people was searching the net for news. Nicke did a great job back then, but as he lost interest the forum quiet down a bit the last few years. It was more or less the same people that joined here that kept PI alive.....(except from Denver and Deano)

But not too many who want to look but are afraid to touch a BG/FL/MG/GGG/LB/prostitute ? 555!

I like it now, but agree it is going to take a little time to grow. With it being Asia info, even searches might not show it is mostly a Phuket forum. Though I've not really checked that.

Still don't like the feel of this place to be honest. Prefered PI alot more, also feels like i don't know anyone here.

Yeah, PI was more a monger's forum. Think the majority of the crowd in here is sick of reading reports on how many tames Mr X came last night, or/and how many blowjobs in what massage he had during daytime.......How handsum he is for not paying barfine, and the great 50Baht beer on Bangla after closing time...
    Do we really need that???
    nothing worse than a reformed smoker .... 555

PI was my favourite forum , I enjoyed the TRs and the attitude of the members , far less aggressive and mysoginistic than the Pattaya based boards . I agree I don't want to hear about the gory details , but can't see anything wrong with someone providing a little colour surrounding their Asian adventures .... If you don't want to read it , click on another thread ... Simples

If the forum doesn't grow it will get very stale , new members should be encouraged , the move away from a Phuket / Thailand centric board should help
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    ^^ I hear what you are saying, but....I do miss how diverse PI was and how sometimes different personalities clashed. Many time made for good entertainment.
    That part is easy, we only need to start a political debate about the US president, health care, gun control ...

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    The members there just seemed closer, even when there were huge disagreements.
    Also, made quite a few friends there, and it seems much more difficult to do on this forum.
    Still, it is great to keep up with the members that have joined here.
    I think LIL and others should ask themselves what made them join PI. My feeling is that most of the people here only got to know each other because they joined a mongers forum and then met up in real life drinking and mongering. New blood can be found the same way, although there is no longer a common place to meet up.

At the moment this forum is more like a forum for old "settled" men who know each other from the old days. In my opinion it is fine that way, but I agree with Bill that it was more fun in PI.

This, by the way, is an excellent forum topic that just may help bring some interest and a bit of a jolt to this forum.

Good topic..

I am not on some anti p4p crusade.. And I have no problem with TRs that cover the nightlife, the costs, the bars and girls.. Its asia after all.. I just would rather not read the gory details.. If you like having a feather tickle your bunghole, that's your problem I think forums get very one dimensional, and attract too many odd bods, when they are purely p4p biased.

I would love to see more guides, trip reports, photo blogs, etc from all around the region.. We have BMs from kl and sing who could post more about those places.. I think people see the home turf as boring and are less likely to post about it but it would be good to know the local eye view on there. Same goes of course for Laos Cambodia and Myanmar. Using google maps to create an Asia info map, linking to forum threads and reviews might be helpful especially as most will carry a phone that can use google maps while traveling. I think people taking the time to do TRs is great, and over time that content will attract new blood. Right now I think the old boys club aspect of so many of us knowing each other very well may actually put some people off jumping in.

It will just take time.. It's been up only a few months.. Building lots of content, and increasing a user base to new people will take years

I prefer this forum as its SE Asia wide but with a lot of focus on Thailand

PI for me had run it's course just as Phuket itself for many has run it's course too

It will take time to build and I still don't think the brand name is right.

Some people are power posters and seem to infiltrate every thread which possibly can put new posters off
    PadMC and Pablo like this.

I'm not usually considered a looker until I arrive in LOS. But thanks for the ego massage anyway.

Meh, I dig it here. Needs new blood, but I am ok with what it is right now.

I think it would be a good thing for Sef to acquire the rights to P-I (if that picture ever becomes clear) just for the info contained therein... call it "the archives" or whatever ya want, but there's value in those years of posted experiences.

I really like that it's more SE Asia focused and not Phuket focused... lots of us living in CM & reporting on that, as well as our trips elsewhere. It takes time, but I think this could be the start of a good thing...

Personally think it is going quite well actually.....especially for only 6 months.

Then again I was never particularly interested in 'mongering reports' or just Phuket only.

But reckon there should be some particular bars/hotels which boardmembers know about and like to meet up all over the region.

So far the only one I can think of would be Summer Breeze in Phuket.
    billpay likes this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast