Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great to be back

PGC

Great to be back

Can I just say that it's great to be back. Even if its not in full flow. I realise I'm a relative latecomer to PI, but I guess this must have been what it was like in the early days of the forum. Saved from the fate of posting in Thai Dreaming.
    The Bar or the Beach......Make mine a Guinness

Re: Great to be back

+ 1 for that. was really missing my daily dose.

Well its working.. It's live.. But only basic..

Please forgive hosting related outages, high CPU load errors, and anything similar until I stop traveling and can get it on its own server. That's a couple of weeks away realistically.

So is this designed as a stop gap until PI comes back up? Or are you thinking long term?

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio View Post
    So is this designed as a stop gap until PI comes back up? Or are you thinking long term?
    Designed isn't the term I would use for this.. During the first forum outage I threw this up on an existing host account in an hour or two.. But never made any sub forums, made any posts, anything like that.. Then PI came back up and it seemed unneeded.

Then I go on vacation and PI goes down again.. After 24 or 48h of outage, it became more and more likely that it wasn't going to be back online without intervention.. Intervention that we don't have the ability to do, so I started letting people know. There wasn't much of a plan..

Now ?? As PI hasn't come back, and as it needs stuff done by people I have no control over, and who don't perhaps see the same sense of urgency over it.. I guess longer term plans need to be made. what those are, forum software, if the forums remain hidden from guest browsing and Seo, how much I am happy to handle on server costs.. I simply don't know right now. I guess will make it up as I go along.

really appreciate the work you have put in. top job!

Hadnt logged on last week so glad to see how its grown !
    Well done!

How can we try and get the attention of other members that might still be scratching their heads?

I wish there was a way to get control of the old address to put a message up or at least have it temporarily redirected. I feel for those who still haven't found TD or this backup site. :-\
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    Can I just say that it's great to be back. Even if its not in full flow. I realise I'm a relative latecomer to PI, but I guess this must have been what it was like in the early days of the forum. Saved from the fate of posting in Thai Dreaming.
    cough... :-X

It's the seven degrees of Dupree.... Glout much?55
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

PGC

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PGC View Post
    cough... :-X
    It's all Slams fault
    The Bar or the Beach......Make mine a Guinness

When the great apocalypse comes... this will likely be the last forum standing... outages caused by "not enough wood on the fire". Then like a Phoenix....
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    When the great apocalypse comes... this will likely be the last forum standing... outages caused by "not enough wood on the fire". Then like a Phoenix....
    By then I will have my solar cell system in the bunker of doom prepared.

Hi, my name is Pablo and I just joined this site.

I'm from the Las Vegas area, I love Thailand, I love my country and I love guns...and don't really care for Obama and his over the top leftist followers.

;D

I've been trying to access this site ever since the invitation was received. Up until today, I always received an "unable to connect" message, while trying different browsers and computer units. I thought it may have been some filters or blocks from my ISP, as I had some other folks try it using different service providers, and they were OK with connecting.

Just when I was about to drag my laptop down to a nearby Starbucks, to use their wifi (different ISP) and try to get in, voila' it's working...here we are. (Maybe Sef's changing the server?)

Anyway, good to be here reading you cnuts again!

Progressive liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Sh1t, there goes the neighborhood.555
    Happy to have you here Paul...
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

I'm from the Las Vegas area, I love Thailand, I love my country and I love guns...and don't really care for Obama and his over the top leftist followers.

;D

I've been trying to access this site ever since the invitation was received. Up until today, I always received an "unable to connect" message, while trying different browsers and computer units. I thought it may have been some filters or blocks from my ISP, as I had some other folks try it using different service providers, and they were OK with connecting.

Just when I was about to drag my laptop down to a nearby Starbucks, to use their wifi (different ISP) and try to get in, voila' it's working...here we are. (Maybe Sef's changing the server?)

Guns? Did someone mention guns??55
    Ola' Senior Pablo....
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

I strongly suspect the old ISPs name server..

I had one hell of a time getting my domain host to take the name server settings.. They couldn't tell why either..

Now on a new host it all seems to work straight away..

;D

Hi Pablo.
    Welcome to the board.
    So you love Thailand and Mexico.
    You live in Las Vegas. Do you have as Mexican any problem with those *** Americans in Las Vegas?
    BTW, do you have a green card or are you illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Hi Pablo.
    Welcome to the board.
    You live in Las Vegas. Do you have as Mexican any problem with those *** Americans in Las Vegas?
    Muchas Gracias El Captiano!

I am currently "undocumented", but hope to take advantage of any amnesty program that may be put forth in the future.

No problem with the "gringo's" here, as they pay top dollar for good gardeners.

Progressive liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Hi Pablo.
    Welcome to the board.
    Muchas Gracias El Captiano!

I am currently "undocumented", but hope to take advantage of any amnesty program that may be put forth in the future.

No problem with the "gringo's" here, as they pay top dollar for good gardeners.
    Any job on a golf course?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast