Thread: Anybody up for a 30-day diet?

Anybody up for a 30-day diet?

Just thought I'd check if anyone wanted to get a little mojo going on a diet/fitness? I guess I'll go it alone, but if anyone wants to join in I'm gonna re-start the hundredpushups.com and a healthy-ish diet (up to you to define it yourself but let's talk about it, mine has to include vodka-water LOL). I'm in Dubai for a month, plan to hit Phuket sometime early October so it is really the right time to get going again. Anyone in? We could move it over to a different forum like PM's or Skype or whatever so we don't bore everyone, but who's in?!!! Cheers, Robaht

What's your goal? (And don't just say to loose weight!)

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    What's your goal? (And don't just say to loose weight!)
    My goal is to follow the hundred pushups challenge as far as possible (I never made it to 100 in a row, that's pretty hard, got to 73 once about 2 years ago!) and drop from 83kg to 79kg, so about a kilo a week. I'm lucky to be at a hotel in Dubai that has a kitchen and a fitness center, still gonna be hard to a) stop beer which is my rule #1, and b) avoid high calorie business dinners! Gonna do it though!!!

So I guess it's a week later and so far so good! Still time to join in! LOL I've only lost 1kg but that isn't bad. Been to the gym several times and have a bit of a routine, the hundredpushups.com has me on a good schedule and I've been (so far) very disciplined about what I'm eating. Well, I guess I have to say it doesn't read it on the scale, nor looks so much yet, but I feel more like I'm switching fat for muscle after the 4 x treadmill/bike this week and the pushup plan, and no beer and mostly fish, low carbs. Let's see how Week 2 goes! (and if I can keep the discipline, looking forward to Phuket around 5th October!!). But I miss beer!! Vodka/soda is good, but you know!!

Is this a reaction to that other thread you started... how stress causes weight loss... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Is this a reaction to that other thread you started... how stress causes weight loss... 555
    Ha ha, and my wallet is lighter too!!

And remember muscle weighs more than fat, so if working out well, you should eventually get heavier!!
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    And remember muscle weighs more than fat, so if working out well, you should eventually get heavier!!
    Now I feel better...110 kg is not that bad 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Now come on, you cannot surely be saying that the one muscle you have weighs all of 110kg????
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

I'm thinking of not drinking for 30 days.

Or maybe I'll give it a go for a week first and see what happens.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Okay, so it's about another week later! I'm still in the 81-82 range, can't seem to get lower yet, but starting to see the effects of the hundred pushups program and the 20-35 mn a day on treadmill or bike (and carbs reduction, etc). I do a few other things like pull downs (because I'm still working my way up to pull-ups as an exercise and not a one-off, and it is surprising how hard it is to find a pull-up bar!) and basic arm curls with low weight but lots of reps, but mostly because I just want to keep it moving forward, easy. Have a new target for the running in the Bangkok Amari Boulevard midnight run 6km on October 19th, I've done 6km on the treadmill but want to increase the cardio to a) be able to "cruise" a 6km and b) not worry about a few beers before, during and after! Not much time to achieve that, but sounds fun!! Cheers, Robaht

By the way, I'm drinking wine a bit, but mostly just vodka-soda water lime, just can't stop a few drinks each day but have totally eliminated beer! Not easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    By the way, I'm drinking wine a bit, but mostly just vodka-soda water lime, just can't stop a few drinks each day but have totally eliminated beer! Not easy!!
    Knew those darleks would come in handy!!!5555