• 3 Post By Pablo
  • 2 Post By billpay
  • 1 Post By Captain
  • 2 Post By slampay
  • 2 Post By Captain
  • 1 Post By billpay

Thread: The End of an era.

The End of an era.

Rather than just stop posting like most of the regulars who are no longer participating on the forum, I'm saying goodbye to my friends who still log on here from time to time. I've had enough.16 years on Thai forums is enough. I have no wish to return and its pointless logging in to read trash talk from every side, mine included.

The forum , at the beginning, held on to the legacy that Nicke created at P.I. Plenty of old P.I memebers joined up and things carried on for a while, but there is only so much you can say about a small island without repeating yourself.
    I made some good friends in Kev, Sefton, Swiss Oli,Stevew, Steve@thaib, Keld,Hobbsy, Trent, Mav, Bill from SBH,Geespot, Geir, Luke and others. (Even you Pablo). I've also made a few enemies who didn't like my moderating or couldn't accept they were tools and we would never get on in "real" life either. I won't mention names, but they know who they are.

A lot of unsavoury things have been said on the forum too, by both me and others. Some in the heat of the moment, some meant, but most just banter that got carried away. I'd like to think I could still sit with Pablo and others I have disagreed with and have a drink and a laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. It's a short time we have here and I don't hate anyone really. (even obes)

So, it seems Sefton no longer visits along with Kev, so the forum will be more or less unmoderated. I made a post to Sefton a while ago, but still looked in. I should have stayed away.
    I wish you all good health, weath, and happiness and may drop in just to look once in a while.
    Cya.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

But the Rugby World Cup is about to start!

Can't blame you... it's a thankless job, you performed admirably... sanity amongst the madness at times...
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Can I be a moderator now?

First thing I'll do, is let "obes" back in. 5555
    Last edited by Pablo; 7th September 2019 at 04:05.
    obes, Electric Sheep and MrDK like this.

Progressive liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

A real shame.....really sorry to see you go. I really don’t participate much, but I always had hope that somehow things would change......the name calling, the one group ‘hating’ the for political beliefs, of all things, etc.
    Anyway, I guess it is the end of an era and it is really too bad because we all used to see the similarities in each other rather than the differences.
    There are so many people that I will miss.....I already do.
    Dkdude and Pablo like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Thank hou Dawsey. I must say you realy tried... but if the members continue attacking each other like that.
    Went to Bangla a few days ago, ran away after about half an hour. Or I am getting to old, or it changed to much. I guess a bit of both. Expensive, prices going up and quality going down, plus expensive Baht. Plus to much tattoos, Indians, Chinese...
    Went to the South of France a few months ago and had more fun than here.
    Yes, it must be the end of an era. Will try to follow the forum as long as it excists (takes only a couple of minutes a day, contrary to before). It gave me some background on what is happening in the States or with the Brexit, the personal attacks notwithstanding. Nothing new on the Phuket front.
    As we say in the merchant navy: bon voyage.
    Dkdude likes this.

Goodbye Roger, you did a good job on both forums, most definitely - the times they are a changing (or have already changed.)

Only met you once or twice, but did enjoy your company.

I hope you do pop back Rog. Thanks for your time and effort in both forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Sheep View Post
    Its about time you departed, you have single handedly been the death of this forum.

Electric Sheep... 1 post and comes with that.... What is your real board name fucking pussy.....555555 Chicken.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Electric Sheep... 1 post and comes with that.... What is your real board name fucking pussy.....555555 Chicken.....
    I think it's LiL....
    Waharoa and Pablo like this.
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    I think it's LiL....
    Either way its a fucking pussy that doesnt dare be open with who he is....

And its sad to see no one have any objection to the post... Shows that people are just fake.... Nice when meet, but not stand up for a friend....

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Either way its a fucking pussy that doesnt dare be open with who he is....

And its sad to see no one have any objection to the post... Shows that people are just fake.... Nice when meet, but not stand up for a friend....
    I didn't reply as it such a stupid remark (note, Obes liked it) and answering to it could again start a BS contest and Dawsey deserves more than that.
    Waharoa and billpay like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Sheep View Post
    So Waharoa, billpay, captain, snowy, stupscott, tarzan how does it feel to not to get a mention in the fell well post?

Must burn that he classed Pablo as a friend but you guys didn't get a mention.

The biggest shame is that you 'guys' are the only ones that posted a response to him.

But explains the delusion he has that he thinks people like him.
    Uhhhhh, actually my name is Bill from SBH.......and I do consider Dawsey a friend.
    Pablo likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Hey, what happened to all of Electric Sheep's posts?

Looks like a reincarnation of a "retired" moderator?

Progressive liberalism is a mental disorder, time to M.A.G.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hey, what happened to all of Electric Sheep's posts?

Looks like a reincarnation of a "retired" moderator?
    Perhaps the baton has been passed on?

Doesn’t matter, Electric Sheep was a coward and a troll.