Thread: Google Incognito

Google Incognito

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en

I found this by accident. Anyone ever use this. Also. Where do we put all computer related threads?

Note that it's Chrome Incognito, not Google as in the search engine. Its good if other people have access to your computer (read: suspicious wife/gf), or if you're on a public computer etc.

I have used it because I had problems with Agoda. It would load so terribly slow, but when I used incognito mode, it worked fine. I live alone though so I have noone to hide from

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en

I found this by accident. Anyone ever use this. Also. Where do we put all computer related threads?
    The same feature is in other browsers too. Have been for a long time. As NeedHoliday says, it is for shared computers.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    I have used it because I had problems with Agoda. It would load so terribly slow, but when I used incognito mode, it worked fine. I live alone though so I have noone to hide from
    Coincidence, incognito mode has no effect whatsoever on the speed for loading pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    Coincidence, incognito mode has no effect whatsoever on the speed for loading pages.
    No, really. I googled the problem because it worked fine in Firefox and was advised to try incognito mode because it disables extensions and cookies, and it worked.

Also handy for the kind of news sites that give 20 free articles a month.. Rt click.. Open Giorgio.. Counter reset..

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDK View Post
    No, really. I googled the problem because it worked fine in Firefox and was advised to try incognito mode because it disables extensions and cookies, and it worked.
    Cookies are not disabled in Incognito Mode. However, I must retract my statement a little as extensions are disabled in Incognito Mode, meaning an extension can not slow down Chrome when in Incognito mode. The solution would normally be to disable such an extension instead of using Incognito mode.