Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By obes
  • 1 Post By snowy

Thread: Your favorite time to fly?

Your favorite time to fly?

After a few flights the last couple months i've come to realize i really like flying at about 6-7pm at night.
    I like the ambience of the cabin when the sun is going down, it is very relaxing.
    Plus i find that people on the flight are less restless because they have been through their day already, so the crowd seems more chill and relaxed

Only times I've ever thought about this is firstly I do not particularly like early morning flights, simply because I'm not keen on having to get up so early and I know on arrival I will be tired. I also like certain times for certain types of flight, long haul, I prefer a late flight, so I can have a beer, bit of grub, watch a film and then fall asleep when my body clock tells me it is time to do so, or going on a visa run, looking forward to an evening out once I arrive, I prefer a mid afternoon flight at the latest, so I can check in and be ready for the first night out. Outside of that a flight is just a means of getting from a to b and a necessary evil cos they haven't sorted out time travel yet!!
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Your favorite time to fly?

When I'm on holiday !!
    Coolhand likes this.

As said above... It depends on where I'm going. But, in general, doesn't matter much to me as I love to fly, and I'm pretty good at it.

I find that people that aren't prepared (clothing, patience, general good attitude) are the most miserable.

If business class I like mid afternoon, so I can enjoy the lounge. If economy I prefer around 9 in the morning, cos I hate hanging around at home waiting to go...
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Since retired I have favourite day for long hauls, and that isnot Friday, Sat or Sunday.
    A lot less passengers in economy as most chose to fly week-ends to maximize their holidays.

Think I prefer mid mornings, for late flights the day tended to drag while waiting around, the early starts never lend themselves to a good nights sleep the night before and it always seems like a bit of a rush with the idea that you've forgotten something always in your mind.

Not much choice here, flights to the west are red eye. Around SEA no problem...always morning. To Aus/Nz I have to go red eye else pay an xtra night to arrive at night. Im not a fan of airport lounges I fly biz class only, for the quicker access for check in.

i like to fly just after lunch,i stay at an airport hotel,big late breakfast about 9-00am,go to airport around 11-00am ,get luggage sorted(checked in on-line) off to departures about 11-30.
    look at the shops ,bit of lunch and a pint 12-45 go to gate,13-30 fly,sorted.
    arrive at destination just in time for sunset cocktails and a good dinner!
    well thats the plan this november anywho 555

I prefer to fly just at or before sunrise, because it's not so bumpy/scary...ieeeeewwww!

Attachment 1613

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    doesn't matter much to me as I love to fly, and I'm pretty good at it.

Awesome slammy, can you post a link. 55
    slampay likes this.

I prefer mid arvo, generally when we fly to LOS or Singapore it's around 2-3pm departure, suits us, as Pam doesn't have to wake up early and it's a good time (at least in the past) as after 2-3 hours flying, the baby is asleep,
    we have been very conscious of this when we've travelled with the baby, as I would hate to impose on others, so far (9 flights for her) she has never played once and alot of that is from planning the time.

So the answer to this question is probably , whatever best suits your circumstances.

I used to do loads of flights for biz...usually take off sunday night to arrive for meetings wherever i was going ready for the next day....now I like flying on Wednesdays to avoid crowds

as for time....never early mornings if I can help it....and to time my flight arrival at destination according to my schedule for sightseeing/biz....BKK and other nightspots for arrival around 8pm....somewhere i haven't been before which i want to explore, no later than 2pm to get my whereabouts and get settled

Anytime when I'm not tired. I don't mind flying when I'm alert and can read or listen to music. But trying to sleep on planes is a bitch. Especially when all your flights are with budget airlines.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

I don't really mind when I fly. It's arriving that's important for me. I hate arriving late in the evening or very early in the morning, on holidays anyway. There's nothing worse than be excited to be at your destination but everything is closed and you're too jet lagged to sleep.

Ideal arrival time for me is about 3pm. There's time for a shower and shave, even a quick nap and still day light hours for a wander about before heading off for a few beers.

Arrival time for me is more important, an early start gets me to Thailand early morning which is great assuming the hotel has your room ready, but a late start gets me there at the start of the evening, usually means a tame first night.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    a late start gets me there at the start of the evening, usually means a tame first night.
    Don't panic if you do! There's concrete for that!
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    After a few flights the last couple months i've come to realize i really like flying at about 6-7pm at night.
    I like the ambience of the cabin when the sun is going down, it is very relaxing.
    Plus i find that people on the flight are less restless because they have been through their day already, so the crowd seems more chill and relaxed
    Depends where and how far.

I prefer afternoon flights as I'm really not a morning person. But with mid range flights (4-8 hours) I dont mind taking a morning flight as I get there mid afternoon. I generally prefer to arrive before peak hour if possible. With long flights I really dont care as more than 8 hours and chances are you're switching so many time zones it really doesn't matter, your body will be at 2 PM when the local time is 7 AM.

Of course for any flight heading away from Perth, any time is good.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

I like flying to my destination mid afternoon , have a few drinks in the lounge , nice meal on the flight and arrive first thing in the morning , when I return home I prefer a late evening flight , so you get a full last day and can enjoy your last night properly .....
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"