Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By briofoz

Thread: Info request...

Info request...

Hi Guys

Theres a very slim chance myself and a few of the lads may be able to swing a week or two in Patong next year, covid permitting obvs. Its been a long time since I have been there, well, 2014 to be exact when we had a week there whilst doing to F1 in Sepang.

Anyways, it had changed considerably since I was there previously, and I am wondering what it is like now. I am aware Crocodile has gone, but are the other Sois still there, Eric, Seadragon etc, do they still have the bars there with girls in them. I am hearing the Thais are trying to clean it up a bit, and make it more 'family' orientated, any info or advice on this most appreciated?

We last stayed at Poppa Palace and there was no joiner fee, I'm hearing that may have changed, any info, also what the Yorkshire Hotel like, anyone stayed there as that looks a good option...

Also one for the 'old crew' who will remember Mai Thai Bar. When I returned there in 2014, Lucy, one of Nickes staff, had a bar down one of the Sois, is she still around as I'd love to meet her again if we do actually go there as I have something for her.

Any info advice etc most appreciated

Stuart
    Last edited by HOOF HEARTED; 24th August 2020 at 02:59.

Lots of changes, Soi Eric now Soi Freedom, Soi Sea Dragon now under cover, lots more night clubs including Illusion, Tiger. Tai Pan still there. At the moment about 10% of bars open, so struggling on. Most workers from outside Phuket have headed home. There are still plenty of "company" around and i am sure when tourism returns busloads will head back. At the moment there is an air of desperation with all staff pleading with you to have one beer.

Patong Beach Rd and Ratuthit Rd is like a ghost town, especially later at night. Kata and Karon worse. Chalong and Rawai seem more active.

Poppa Palace is now La Vintage. No idea on joiners. Lots of other hotels near Bangla. K Hotel renamed Hangout, maybe for backpackers, Yorkshire Inn still there but closed ATM. Summer Breeze is open, Hemingways, The Lantern....many others.

Lucy did have her own bar but have not seen her for a few years. She had married a farang a while ago.

If you need transport or scooters etc, happy to quote.
    TLandHim likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by briofoz View Post
    Lots of changes, Soi Eric now Soi Freedom, Soi Sea Dragon now under cover, lots more night clubs including Illusion, Tiger. Tai Pan still there. At the moment about 10% of bars open, so struggling on. Most workers from outside Phuket have headed home. There are still plenty of "company" around and i am sure when tourism returns busloads will head back. At the moment there is an air of desperation with all staff pleading with you to have one beer.

Patong Beach Rd and Ratuthit Rd is like a ghost town, especially later at night. Kata and Karon worse. Chalong and Rawai seem more active.

Poppa Palace is now La Vintage. No idea on joiners. Lots of other hotels near Bangla. K Hotel renamed Hangout, maybe for backpackers, Yorkshire Inn still there but closed ATM. Summer Breeze is open, Hemingways, The Lantern....many others.

Lucy did have her own bar but have not seen her for a few years. She had married a farang a while ago.

If you need transport or scooters etc, happy to quote.
    Lucy have a bar in soi Freedom, at least she had it in middle of March when I was there

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    Lucy have a bar in soi Freedom, at least she had it in middle of March when I was there

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Little Devils Bar

Hey Guys

Many thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Good to hear Lucy may still be around. However, I'm hearing that tourists will need to commit to 30 days stay initially to be allowed entry, and a 1km radius around where you stay. The 30 days deffo wont work for me and the lads, and the 1km is more than awkward. Hopefully by next year, if this Covid thing pisses off, it may be a different set of circumstances to attract more regular tourists. Its a waiting game now I suppose to see what the Thai government introduce and update.

Bri, if we do come we will probably need transport from the Airport to Patong, and maybe a couple of scooters during our stay. Will let you know if we deffo decide to return, cheers for the offer.

Stuart