Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By faultytowers

Thread: These people are just misunderstood...

These people are just misunderstood...

Child bride in Yemen dies of internal bleeding on wedding night: activist

Maggots.

SANAA (Reuters) - An eight-year-old Yemeni girl died of internal bleeding on her wedding night after marrying a man five times her age, a social activist and two local residents said, in a case that has caused an outcry in the media and revived debate about child brides.

Yeah saw this yesterday..

Sometimes I agree with the stoning part !!

Fucking scum. Drone them all....

As I understand it, it's all good. Maybe the family has a younger daughter to replace the faulty 8 year old?

Anyone remember a few months ago a video/story that went viral about another young Yemeni girl who allegedly ran away from home to avoid a forced marriage ?

"Early marriage fears of Nada Al-Ahdal are fabricated" says her parents, interior ministry officials, and prominent child rights NGO- Yemen Post English Newspaper Online

Ended up being shown to have been fabricated.

So , here we have another story that has people posting all over the internet that also has "dubious" authenticity.

Sana’a: Local security officials and journalists in Yemen’s northern province of Hajja have strongly denied media reports about the death of an eight-year-old girl shortly after her wedding. But the journalist who wrote the controversial story insisted that his story was correct and based on the accounts of the girl’s neighbours.

Mosleh Al Azzani, the director of Criminal Investigation in Harradh district where the marriage was thought to have taken place, told Gulf News via telephone that he personally sent for the girl and her father to question them about the incident. The girl’s name is Rawan.

“The man moved to Haradh 20 days ago. He is a father of Rawan, another married daughter and a son. I am ready to call them again if any journalist wants to investigate this issue.” he said, adding that he did not receive any information from the local hospital about the death of the girl.

In the capital, Ahmad Al Qurishi, the head of SEYAJ Organisation for Childhood Protection, an independent NGO that advocates children’s rights, told Gulf News that government and judicial officials in the province of Hajja denied the information about the marriage and death.

Al Qurishi said that his organisation conducted its own investigation into the issue by sending some activists to the area.” The preliminary results show that the story was untrue.”

I am sure these horrific things happen but as with any news story , especially ones that suddenly go 'viral' , I don't take the original story as being factually correct and usually check to see if there are other reports to substantiate the allegations.
    Stillearly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    As I understand it, it's all good. Maybe the family has a younger daughter to replace the faulty 8 year old?
    It actually wouldn't surprise me if this prick did complain to the "bride's" family and tried to get his goats back or something.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    I am sure these horrific things happen but as with any news story , especially ones that suddenly go 'viral' , I don't take the original story as being factually correct and usually check to see if there are other reports to substantiate the allegations.
    This,

Didn't we learn anything from the whole Kony incident?
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

^ what? that Kony was in fact Predator's Carl Weathers? Damnnn, what a prank.

Most of the Kony stuff was already widely available and verifiable , the 2012 video simply brought it the "15 minutes of fame" and is probably forgotten about by the majority who viewed it.

Also , as far as I remember , the video also overlooked another side to the story.

While there is no doubt that Kony recruited children, the government of Uganda has equally been accused of abducting and recruiting children into the army. In June 2006, the UN's representative found more than 5000 children in the Ugandan army
    The point of my previous post was not that people should ignore these stories but that they should check for themselves that the stories are factual.