Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By WarProfiteer
  • 1 Post By Bacon

Thread: Has extra terrestrial 'life' been proven ??

Has extra terrestrial 'life' been proven ??

Extraterrestrial Fossils Uncovered Inside Meteorite Found In Sri Lanka | Collective-Evolution

I have no way of verifying or confirming that.. But wonder how much peer review its had.

Had a look at their Home page. Don't look like a very trustworthy site to me. It would be world news if it was found as a fact by trustworthy scientists.
    WTF had the school of mathematics in Cardiff to do with it.......Anyway if it was a fact it would be all over the place.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Well if the theory that the seeds of life were spread on earth by an asteroid is correct, then you don't need to look further than the back of your own hand for extraterrestrial life.

But I have to agree with Geir on this one. If actually proven, this would have made some major headlines around the world.

Althought, it was only published hours ago, so who knows. Maybe it still needs to be looked at and confirmed by other institutions. Science has unfortunately become a popularity contest as well. Sometimes major discoveries don't become publicised until given the nod by the *insert pop-star name*s of science.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Had a look at their Home page. Don't look like a very trustworthy site to me. It would be world news if it was found as a fact by trustworthy scientists.
    WTF had the school of mathematics in Cardiff to do with it.......Anyway if it was a fact it would be all over the place.
    The technical papers are the bottom.. Journal of cosmology etc..

Also hufo ?? Extraterresterial Life Exists, Scientist Chandra Wickramasinghe Claims

I'm gonna sift through the papers when I have some free time.

I'd personally be interested in two points.

1. Is it carbon based? Since all life on earth is and we know of no other form. It'd be fascinating to find a life form vastly different from everything else on earth.

2. How old are the rock and fossil? This'll probably be easier to work out if it was carbon based. And from there we can start coming up with theories about the distance it traveled to earth and makes guesses as to how far away the nearest life is to planet Earth. Who knows, by the composition of the rock, they might even be able to make guesses as to it's possible location.

Very exciting stuff if it's the real deal.

I would say theres no doubt you need to really be careful of confirmation bias.. this guy has been pushing this theory and then a metorite with the exact proof he needs falls into his lap..

Whats the odds ??

Still.. The papers are out there for peer review.. Whats wrong with what hes saying is the next step ??

I'll look more into it, the articles on their front page sort of put me off. For sure it's fantastic if it proves life on other planets.
    I'm convinced that it is life out there, but not yet about intelligent life.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Then again, seek and ye shall find. I don't dismiss any possibility.

When you listen to an astronomer explain to you how vast the universe is, it starts to become more difficult to believe we're the only planet with life than the possibility that the universe is teaming with it.

Not sure if aliens exist, but some of my ex's... man... I'm damn sure they weren't human.
    geir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Not sure if aliens exist, but some of my ex's... man... I'm damn sure they weren't human.
    The sex must have been outta this world!
    WarProfiteer likes this.

I sill like the "Earth-life" started on Mars idea...

NY Times - A Far-Flung Possibility for the Origin of Life