Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: family gall

family gall

this is a good one

my wife is back in Thailand for a month
    all her family head up to Cha Am togerher, and of course she pays for almost most things
    this year she said her brothers actually gave what they could, at least or said thank you when they couldn't
    that is all she wants
    last year none of them would go into their pockets

anyways, she was off to the market and her sister asked her to pick up a t-shirt for her nephew( sister's son)
    so my wife did and when got back, she told her sister it was 100baht or whatever (mind you she funded her sister's whole holiday already, mostly)
    the sister responds that she doesn't need to give Ao money because she didn't bring anything from Canada for her nephew!

they really can be unreal
    Proof of a Scumbag

I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

Re: family gall

Very hard to talk to families about money. Many end up having bad relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Very hard to talk to families about money. Many end up having bad relationships.
    this is my wife complaining to me about what her sister did
    and she made her sister give her the money
    Proof of a Scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Oooh so she got the money back?

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Oooh so she got the money back?
    yes
    she's not going to be taken advantage of anymore.......she works too hard
    she feels she does more than enough for her family when she goes back home( basically funds every dinner/expense) but wants at least a thank you or even a show of some contribution

i knew that they took liberties but for her sister to tell her since she didn't bring anything back from Canada for her son, the she can go ahead and pay for this is a bit rude
    Proof of a Scumbag

Sometimes the Thais sense of entitlement, to be justified in taking from someone they perceive to be better off than themselves really annoys me.

I guess if its anything like what we have when we go back,she is now seen as an extended atm as she has married you.if you remember I told the story of the water pump being paid for by me with no hint of any thanks as Bus is married to me and im now the family farang,But hey ho.
    Bus even now though questions any request for funds to the point that I think she would of made a good accountant if she had the chance earlier in her life.
    Whats more is she works a lot of hours now and is starting a new job soon, where she is doing order processing work and I belive she will be a lot happier than being a cleaner in a rest home,I dare say her family will think its another avenue to try to fleece at some point.

Why don't your girls pull a reverse on them? Ask the douche bag members for favors and make up some lame reason why you are owed this and really cause a fuss. Fight fire with fire and all that. A preemptive attack if you will. When it comes time to pay the restaurant bill tell the waiter that you're not paying for so and so for whatever....Have some antagonistic fun..55

Quote Originally Posted by eric-the-viking View Post
    I guess if its anything like what we have when we go back,she is now seen as an extended atm as she has married you.if you remember I told the story of the water pump being paid for by me with no hint of any thanks as Bus is married to me and im now the family farang,But hey ho.
    Bus even now though questions any request for funds to the point that I think she would of made a good accountant if she had the chance earlier in her life.
    Whats more is she works a lot of hours now and is starting a new job soon, where she is doing order processing work and I belive she will be a lot happier than being a cleaner in a rest home,I dare say her family will think its another avenue to try to fleece at some point.
    we honestly don't get requests
    that stopped about 3-4 years ago because they know that i am not going to give other than proven emergency
    actually she has told me "my family fears you" 555

i know it sounds like small stuff but in this instance, it is the "thought that counts"
    i have been extremely generous to my family and it got to a point where i felt my sister was taking advantage of it and i told her so

to be honest, even though it is small amount......ordering food and expecting Ao to pay, pulling up to a gas station and not attempting to give even 50-100baht towards the bill is more of a "fcuk you" than requesting 10k for something over the phone because they fell short of something. if that makes sense

or in ETV's case, not even bothering a thank you
    Proof of a Scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Why don't your girls pull a reverse on them? Ask the douche bag members for favors and make up some lame reason why you are owed this and really cause a fuss. Fight fire with fire and all that. A preemptive attack if you will. When it comes time to pay the restaurant bill tell the waiter that you're not paying for so and so for whatever....Have some antagonistic fun..55
    we went home for Xmas and my sister,kids, brother and us went to Xmas buffet
    i paid with my CC but did not feel bad at all asking for their share
    i feel i do more than enough for my family, i am not going to be responsible for everything

i go out with my brother, he doesn't make much money and i am always going to take care of most of it( why not,i make much more than him)
    but him saying he has the next round once in awhile is appreciated
    Proof of a Scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Yep, I've used the old "You'll never believe it, but I was just about to ask you the same question!", routine myself when being touched up for money etc.

Indeed the whole family leeching thing sucks... my she-wok heads off most of it, but still feels like she has to bring food and give money any time she heads to the village. I dont get that. We can talk between us and you can openly admit they'll just piss away any money you give them and that they really dont even need it, but somehow you feel an incomprehensible need to bring money & food for them if you visit???

I just shake my head and try not to let it get to me... we dont get requests any more, and even when we did she would never pass them on to me, but this little "tradition" seems like it aint going anywhere...

WTF
    It's expected that the more well to do in the family will give some support to those that have less.
    It is part of what goes with a relationship with a TG.
    Its not our way but it becomes part of our way if we wants to have a reasonable relationship with a TG.
    And at the end of the day it is generally small money anyway.
    Unfair request for large sums are a different matter and if they come on a regular basis a firm foot on the throat may well be in order.55555

The deepest family feuds probably began over a 100baht sleight.
    If someone in your family disrespects you like that you have the choice, and (Lets face it) the money to be the bigger man/woman. Just one look at them should tell you they have so many bugs on them already, adding more would just be cruelty. Chances are they have already offended other family members with their attitude.

well for the 2nd year in a row she worked hard, went home and ran out of money not even a little over half way through her holiday and believe, this is not her showing off throwing her money around
    aunts borrowed 45k from her, everyone else here
    just feel bad when she should be able to enjoy a nice holiday with more money than she ever imagined

up to her, but i think she will finally just vote with her feet, and be back less and less starting next year if she/we live here permanently

I hear you, in the end she will see it for herself and vote accordingly

We just have to accept that their family is more important than we are.
    Not to hijack your thread, but I have a similar (but way worse) story.
    Years back I met a Thai lady in Norway. She told me her husband died a few months back, but that she was ready to move on. So I dated her for a few weeks before she moved inn with me. After living together for a few weeks she told me the real story about her husband. He actually hanged himself in their garage just 2 weeks before I met her. I was a bit shocked that she could move on that fast, but didn't really care that much.
    Then she told me she got more than 1,5 mil Bath worth of life insurance and that she sent half of it back to her family to build a house. Fair enough, and I told her to keep the rest in the bank and that we maybe one day could buy a house together in Norway.....she go inn half, I go inn half. She was still going to school to learn Norwegian so I took all the cost and gave her what she needed. I told her to come to me for money and not use the insurance money.
    All was good for about 1 year. Then she wanted to go back to Thailand to see her family. So I payed for her ticket (3 weeks) and gave her 100K pocket money to make sure she had enough.
    After one week she called me and asked me to send some more money. I said no, and if it was any emergency she could take from her savings. Then she told me she just bought a car and spent the whole lot.
    I told her it was nice to know her, but that she wasn't welcome back to Norway.
    So that was it...nice house, nice car, but no money for petrol 5555

Walked into her under Tiger a few years later......back in business. Now she lives in Holland BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    We just have to accept that their family is more important than we are.
    Not to hijack your thread, but I have a similar (but way worse) story.
    Years back I met a Thai lady in Norway. She told me her husband died a few months back, but that she was ready to move on. So I dated her for a few weeks before she moved inn with me. After living together for a few weeks she told me the real story about her husband. He actually hanged himself in their garage just 2 weeks before I met her. I was a bit shocked that she could move on that fast, but didn't really care that much.
    Then she told me she got more than 1,5 mil Bath worth of life insurance and that she sent half of it back to her family to build a house. Fair enough, and I told her to keep the rest in the bank and that we maybe one day could buy a house together in Norway.....she go inn half, I go inn half. She was still going to school to learn Norwegian so I took all the cost and gave her what she needed. I told her to come to me for money and not use the insurance money.
    All was good for about 1 year. Then she wanted to go back to Thailand to see her family. So I payed for her ticket (3 weeks) and gave her 100K pocket money to make sure she had enough.
    After one week she called me and asked me to send some more money. I said no, and if it was any emergency she could take from her savings. Then she told me she just bought a car and spent the whole lot.
    I told her it was nice to know her, but that she wasn't welcome back to Norway.
    So that was it...nice house, nice car, but no money for petrol 5555

Walked into her under Tiger a few years later......back in business. Now she lives in Holland BTW.
    i think Ao should have married you!!
    this is 100% of her money, so has nothing to do with me or choosing her family over me but I feel bad for her as her partner
    it bums her out
    she paid for plane ticket, all the money she spent is hers. she will come back and be working her ass off the very next day she lands

i just feel bad she works so hard and then gets the pity party when she gets home that she can't truly enjoy her hard earned money
    Last edited by marc26; 26th April 2013 at 12:51.

Joy is going to Issan soon..........maybe I should keep the card and the bank book 5555
    joyep likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Joy is going to Issan soon..........maybe I should keep the card and the bank book 5555
    i guess it is a little different too
    you guys are working for the same money
    so even though it is her hard earned money, it is yours also
    we have seperate jobs......so the money she spends is all hers

and the money you were talking about above with that girl and other money i hear people talk about........i am finding out more and more I am a cheap bastard with my wife!! 555

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast