Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kenya terrorist attack and photos

Kenya terrorist attack and photos

Just been reading up on the unfolding terror attack in Kenya. Sounds truly awful what's going on.

Among the coverage there has lots of photos of the events, some left me feeling pretty uneasy.
    Here are some examples...BBC News - In pictures: Kenya shootout in Nairobi's Westgate mall (especially the Chinese guy/girl)
    Terror in Kenya: 'Unknown' number of hostages still trapped in Nairobi mall | Mail Online

Something about standing taking photos of injured/dying people doesn't sit right. Even if it's for 'journalistic' purposes.

Any thoughts?

Same as war photography , it's uncomfortable viewing , but serves a purpose gets the terror of the situation out to a wider audience , most peoples first reaction would be to help or run , must take a lot of control to get on with your job ...
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Scary I was in that mall a few months ago

When looking at these tho, I get a flashback of that footage of that motorbike crash that killed those two Welsh lads in Pattaya a few years back. The really gruesome one. And all the Thais were there taking photos and videos of a guy with no head bent around a telegraph pole and I thinking how the fcuk can someone stand there and take a photo of that.
    Stillearly likes this.

I agree with you on that , the ghoulish fascination the Thai's have with dead bodies in road accidents or murders is a little unsettling

What has been seen cannot be unseen... this is why I have still never set foot in the LB places in Nana... and why I dont click on links to gore pix.

Got enough nasty shit rattling around in my head from Iraq & Afghanistan... no need to add to that pile.

The danger with this sort of shopping centre attack is that it is easily done and hard to combat.
    It also suggests a target to the local Al Quaeda fringe groups where they can get publicity.
    Jung Ceylon in Patong would be a catastrophe for Thailand

Just saw Bill Clinton on CNN saying to give more US arms to the Syrian rebels, it doesnt matter if they are Al Quaeda linked, the end justifies the means.
    I suppose that after President Obama's attorney general, Eric Holder supplying guns to mexican drug cartels nothing should be a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post
    The danger with this sort of shopping centre attack is that it is easily done and hard to combat.
    It also suggests a target to the local Al Quaeda fringe groups where they can get publicity.
    Jung Ceylon in Patong would be a catastrophe for Thailand

Just saw Bill Clinton on CNN saying to give more US arms to the Syrian rebels, it doesnt matter if they are Al Quaeda linked, the end justifies the means.
    I suppose that after President Obama's attorney general, Eric Holder supplying guns to mexican drug cartels nothing should be a surprise
    And let the Yank Bashing begin...

Sounds more like mrs. clinton.

Gee whiz, if only we had the Benghazi mission to funnel them through...we could do it "covertly".

I think that Kenya should at least require background checks before allowing these guys to obtain weapons. Maybe a ban on the magazine capacity, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I think that Kenya should at least require background checks before allowing these guys to obtain weapons. Maybe a ban on the magazine capacity, too!
    fcuk Pabs........can any thread of any instance go without you bringing up your political beliefs when they have nothing to do with it?

a ton of people just got blown away, no one cares about your right to bear arms

i love ya, but it gets tiring man

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    fcuk Pabs........can any thread of any instance go without you bringing up your political beliefs when they have nothing to do with it?

Pablo's comment was pretty tongue in cheek Marc.
    I care about Pablo's right because I have done a lot of research over the years to know that while politicians pass useless laws, pretending it will help, and fail to ensure the existing laws are enforced people will continue to get killed by these crazies.

Do you think Political Correctness had any bearing on the Navy Yard shooter not having his security clearance pulled after being involved in a firearm incident and other issues in the work place?

Pablo's comment was pretty tongue in cheek Marc.
    I care about Pablo's right because I have done a lot of research over the years to know that while politicians pass useless laws, pretending it will help, and fail to ensure the existing laws are enforced people will continue to get killed by these crazies.

Do you think Political Correctness had any bearing on the Navy Yard shooter not having his security clearance pulled after being involved in a firearm incident and other issues in the work place?
    it was a horrible massacre in Africa, it has nothing to do with any sort of gun laws in the US. and i think it is a bit disrespectful, if i am being honest
    Pablo is probably one of my closest friends on here, and he knows i'd say the same if we were sitting having a beer
    but fcuk man, it just gets boring man

it was a horrible massacre in Africa, it has nothing to do with any sort of gun laws in the US. and i think it is a bit disrespectful, if i am being honest
    Pablo is probably one of my closest friends on here, and he knows i'd say the same if we were sitting having a beer
    but fcuk man, it just gets boring man
    Yes Paulie, it was said "tongue in cheek".

I hardly think that I express my political opinions (2nd Amendment, in particular) in EVERY thread or post that I make.

If you find my postings so "tiring" and "boring", why don't you just pass over them, instead of answering in a manner that I find disrespectful of my rights to post here!

My level of concern for your boredom with my posts, falls just slightly below your concern for my rights!

Yes Paulie, it was said "tongue in cheek".

I hardly think that I express my political opinions (2nd Amendment, in particular) in EVERY thread or post that I make.

If you find my postings so "tiring" and "boring", why don't you just pass over them, instead of answering in a manner that I find disrespectful of my rights to post here!

My level of concern for your boredom with my posts, falls just slightly below your concern for my rights!
    i always respect your opinions on your political views, even though we don't agree, in the threads that we are talking about US politics but if there is the slightest chance to bring up Obama or gun rights or whatever gets you going, it is inserted in any thread
    Dupree likes this.

Just ignore me then mate.

I don't need a lecture from you on forum etiquette!

Just ignore me then mate.

I don't need a lecture from you on forum etiquette!
    hard to ignore you when you interrupt every thread with your US political views

sorry if you can't take constructive criticism..............believe i am the one saying it but no one wants to hear you drone on about your US political views when it has nothing to do with the thread

Has this turned into a yank bashing thread? or is it okay when they are both yanks doing it???
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Has this turned into a yank bashing thread? or is it okay when they are both yanks doing it???
    Pablo and I PM'ed each other and decided to settle our little dispute( not really)
    now we are going to team up and beat you senseless next time we see ya 555

just to sort of get the Yank thing back on track

The thread was actually about the morality of taking photographs in situations like Westgate / Navy Yard / Boston .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast