Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 189
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ordered the Samsung S4

  1. #1
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630

    Ordered the Samsung S4

    i know i started this on PI

    but thanks for all info
    i pre-ordered the Galaxy s4, i should have it next week sometime

    i honestly not that tech savvy but the farm girl i live with is very good at that and will teach me 555
    she's more excited than I am and it's my phone!!
    Proof of a Scumbag

    I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

    my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

  2. #2
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i know i started this on PI

    but thanks for all info
    i pre-ordered the Galaxy s4, i should have it next week sometime

    i honestly not that tech savvy but the farm girl i live with is very good at that and will teach me 555
    she's more excited than I am and it's my phone!!
    I am no expert but I would say you have probably got the pick of the bunch with the S4.

    Just keep an eye on the Playstore bills and if the wife is going to play with it a PIN number to make purchases is a must 5555555

  3. #3
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i know i started this on PI

    but thanks for all info
    i pre-ordered the Galaxy s4, i should have it next week sometime

    i honestly not that tech savvy but the farm girl i live with is very good at that and will teach me 555
    she's more excited than I am and it's my phone!!
    Just keep an eye on the Playstore bills and if the wife is going to play with it a PIN number to make purchases is a must 5555555
    ain't that the truth Soupy!
    I am joint on Ao's credit card so can see her purchases
    she must spend 60-80usd/mo on games!
    it's her money and whenever i make fun of her she says "this is my relax"
    all i see is iTunes 3.84, Itunes 3.84 over and over
    Proof of a Scumbag

    I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

    my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

  4. #4
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i know i started this on PI

    but thanks for all info
    i pre-ordered the Galaxy s4, i should have it next week sometime

    i honestly not that tech savvy but the farm girl i live with is very good at that and will teach me 555
    she's more excited than I am and it's my phone!!
    Just keep an eye on the Playstore bills and if the wife is going to play with it a PIN number to make purchases is a must 5555555
    ain't that the truth Soupy!
    I am joint on Ao's credit card so can see her purchases
    she must spend 60-80usd/mo on games!
    it's her money and whenever i make fun of her she says "this is my relax"
    all i see is iTunes 3.84, Itunes 3.84 over and over
    I had a look at some of the games that Alex has downloaded on my device and within the games it is possible with a couple of clicks to buy for example '200 little pigs' for 25 GBP. Now no one in their right mind, other than an unsuspecting child would spend hundreds of pounds on characters for a game it's just a very cynical tactic by the games makers to rip people off. Total w*nkers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Galaxy S4 won't be available here until May or June.

    But i am also considering the HTC One. Will play with both once i have the chance.

  6. #6
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Galaxy S4 won't be available here until May or June.

    But i am also considering the HTC One. Will play with both once i have the chance.
    that is the problem for someone like me Johnny
    too many damn good phones!
    i looked at HTC One briefly, and the Sony Experia ZL( seems we can't get the Z here)

    after deliberating for ever, just told the guy to order the S4 for me!
    figure it out as i go
    i really want to use it for what it is capable for
    Proof of a Scumbag

    I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

    my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

  7. #7
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,630

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i know i started this on PI

    but thanks for all info
    i pre-ordered the Galaxy s4, i should have it next week sometime

    i honestly not that tech savvy but the farm girl i live with is very good at that and will teach me 555
    she's more excited than I am and it's my phone!!
    Just keep an eye on the Playstore bills and if the wife is going to play with it a PIN number to make purchases is a must 5555555
    ain't that the truth Soupy!
    I am joint on Ao's credit card so can see her purchases
    she must spend 60-80usd/mo on games!
    it's her money and whenever i make fun of her she says "this is my relax"
    all i see is iTunes 3.84, Itunes 3.84 over and over
    I had a look at some of the games that Alex has downloaded on my device and within the games it is possible with a couple of clicks to buy for example '200 little pigs' for 25 GBP. Now no one in their right mind, other than an unsuspecting child would spend hundreds of pounds on characters for a game it's just a very cynical tactic by the games makers to rip people off. Total w*nkers.
    many families get a surprise huge bill from those tactics and the phone co always gets them taken off
    but the gamers are just hoping someone doesn't complain

    in similar, Ao plays games that her friends in Malaysia/Paris/Thailand are all on( this world is insane w/ tech advances)
    and she says that the 3.84 is her mostly buying new lives
    Proof of a Scumbag

    I'm sorry, but do you have me confused with one of paulie's siblings?

    my truthful opinions on LGBT matters. Sorry about your son

  8. #8
    Senior Member soupdragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bang Tao
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Galaxy S4 won't be available here until May or June.

    But i am also considering the HTC One. Will play with both once i have the chance.
    that is the problem for someone like me Johnny
    too many damn good phones!
    i looked at HTC One briefly, and the Sony Experia ZL( seems we can't get the Z here)

    after deliberating for ever, just told the guy to order the S4 for me!
    figure it out as i go
    i really want to use it for what it is capable for
    A great website for all things Android is http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2162.

    There is already an S4 forum with thousands of posts.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    44

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    I'm torn between sticking with the iPhone or converting to the Samsung...let us know what it's like.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Frithco
    Posts
    3,282

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    and she says that the 3.84 is her mostly buying new lives
    So it's true. Life is cheap.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: Ordered the Samsung S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    and she says that the 3.84 is her mostly buying new lives
    So it's true. Life is cheap.
    Back home she can buy an new name (official) for 50 baht 555!
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    30
    After 5 years with a blackberry i changed to Samsung s3 a few months ago.Very happy and cannot for the life of me think why i didnt change sooner555.Only problem with new new smart phones i have is they are getting bigger and bigger!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
    After 5 years with a blackberry i changed to Samsung s3 a few months ago.Very happy and cannot for the life of me think why i didnt change sooner555.Only problem with new new smart phones i have is they are getting bigger and bigger!
    Yea same same here, they are getting too big and with Samsung releasing the Samsung Mega, it's really getting out of hand.

    HTC One is 4.7", Galaxy S4 is 5" . not much difference, but i think i will get the HTC One.

    On Gsmarena.com there is a petition to make high end spec phones with mid range sizes. I agree with that. 4.2"is enough, 5"is getting too much, and the Samsung Mega is really really ridiculous.

    https://www.change.org/petitions/and...high-end-specs

  14. #14
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    HTC One is 4.7", Galaxy S4 is 5" . not much difference, but i think i will get the HTC One.
    The HTC One is said to be the best android phone out there, bar none. The thing I like about HTC is the quality of the product.Solidly built and none of the plasticky feel to a Samsung. If only they can get more time out of the battery, which I hear they have solved with the HTC One.

    I had the HTC Desire, moved to Samsung S2 but will most likely go back to HTC next time. Sorry, but Nokia Lumia and Sony still behind for me.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    The HTC One is said to be the best android phone out there, bar none. The thing I like about HTC is the quality of the product.Solidly built and none of the plasticky feel to a Samsung. If only they can get more time out of the battery, which I hear they have solved with the HTC One.

    I had the HTC Desire, moved to Samsung S2 but will most likely go back to HTC next time. Sorry, but Nokia Lumia and Sony still behind for me.

    I played with the Sony Experia Z at the Sony Store. Erm...not really impressed, but build quality is there.

    Problem with Sony or HTC is if you buy through contract which is normal here in KL, we have to wait for the updates. I think Samsung gets the updates faster. I do not want to flash my phone for latest update only to brick the phone. Telco in Malaysia is very slow for updates.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    I played with the Sony Experia Z at the Sony Store. Erm...not really impressed, but build quality is there.

    Problem with Sony or HTC is if you buy through contract which is normal here in KL, we have to wait for the updates. I think Samsung gets the updates faster. I do not want to flash my phone for latest update only to brick the phone. Telco in Malaysia is very slow for updates.
    Have you got any other providers in Malaysia apart from Telco? We have 4 main providers in the UK and dependant on which one you use, updates can vary a lot. I am still on Ice cream yet Jelly Bean is available on other networks. Really a lottery when you get updates. I won't flash my phone either.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Have you got any other providers in Malaysia apart from Telco? We have 4 main providers in the UK and dependant on which one you use, updates can vary a lot. I am still on Ice cream yet Jelly Bean is available on other networks. Really a lottery when you get updates. I won't flash my phone either.
    Yes we can buy phone only. More expensive and we do not get the easy warranty, meaning anything wrong, i go to manufacturer which has only 1 branch in KL compared to the telco which has multiple outlets.

    They make it hard for us. Low Yat Plaza sell many grey imports but many wont buy cause of warranty. I wont spend MYR 2000.00 on a phone without a 1-1 swap if anything goes wrong (unless you sign a plan) or you buy phone and wait 1-2 months for the manufacturer to fix.

    You decide. We have this crap here.

    Updates will depend on the telco or you DIY and any problems, you are on your own.

  18. #18
    Senior Member NOM1S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    363
    Ordered the HTC One tonight. Get wrid of my HTC Sensation Beats thing now.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    536
    Telcos here selling the S4 today. HTC One from next week onwards. Did not expect the S4 to arrive so soon.

    Will play around with both, but i am leaning towards the HTC One.

    Price is similar, MYR 2199++ if i buy outright without any plans. I dont really need the 3G data plan since most places i go to provides free wifi. No news on the LTE Model.

  20. #20
    Senior Member steve w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    wales
    Posts
    645
    i just got a new android tablet 2 days ago for 75 ,it works great,i like

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •