Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Nicky's site

  1. #1
    Jay
    Jay is offline
    New User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1

    Red face Nicky's site

    Just noticed you've attempted to bring the forum back on in a new setup by the topic by Livinlos, this is all good news, but i would point out as far as google is now concerned the other site is gone, there is not a chance to regain its ranks so quickly.

    Anyway would like to say well done and hopefully a few others will manage to find this in time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bacon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    797
    Welcome to the board.

    AIC is not trying to replace PI though. It has it's own feel and direction, but yes, it is mostly composed of old PI board members.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

  3. #3
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    and BTW...Nicke hated being called Nicky....many a time you could hear him swear under his breath when people would call him Nicky....was fun to set others up to call him that 555

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    and BTW...Nicke hated being called Nicky....many a time you could hear him swear under his breath when people would call him Nicky....was fun to set others up to call him that 555
    Don't understand this post Nelce, I always called Nicke- Nicky (sound a like) are you meaning hated it spelled that way or if not, what is the pronunciation difference???
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    I guess the pronunciation difference is a bit hard to explain in English, but let me try: Nicky is ending with a sound like "iii". Nicke is ending with a sound like the "k" in "kurt".

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dodger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,161
    But I'm English GD, the two are sounding exactly the same to an Englishman ans said exactly the same, hence why I was confused. I heard it said different by a swede, but it would still be spelled to same?

    Its not important, just wondered out loud I suppose??
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    the "e" in Nicke is silent the way he said it....so he liked to be called Nick...always said Nicky sounded like he was a girl

  8. #8
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    the "e" in Nicke is silent the way he said it....so he liked to be called Nick...always said Nicky sounded like he was a girl
    i think his wife called him "Nicky" no?

    i always thought it was "Nick" how the fcuk i was right about that i would never know though

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,059
    Nicky could sound like a diminutive...

  10. #10
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    Nicke, pronounced with a strong e at the end......more like "nikke".............................Hard without speaking to you guys. The 'e' is not pronounced in an English way. It's pronounced more like the 'e' in 'cafe', but shorter.
    Last edited by geir; 23rd September 2013 at 23:02.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    i guess this is a good time to let you all know i would liked to be called Paul for now on, no Paulie

    i just feel Paul matches my dignified nature
    thanks

  12. #12
    Senior Member geir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ranong
    Posts
    4,168
    What about Polly?? 555
    Tarzan, Masterwoodsman and K2 like this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Thin White Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Afrique du Sud
    Posts
    2,891
    So no Marky Mark then.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i guess this is a good time to let you all know i would liked to be called Paul for now on, no Paulie

    i just feel Paul matches my dignified nature
    thanks
    Glad I always called you Paul. And by the way... I'm Nick with a silent K.

    So according to Geir... it's pronounced like
    Café? To sound like Nickeh? Nické?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    You can hear the pronunciation here:



    Curious George is Nicke Nyfiken in Swedish.

    The first spoken line is:
    Det här är Nicke.
    This is Nicke.

    Hm, there seems to be a problem embedding this, you can see it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVjJKoA4dk
    Last edited by Greatdane; 24th September 2013 at 04:08.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Stillearly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    829
    Have you got a translation for the rest of it ? 555
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

  17. #17
    Senior Member marc26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    10,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    You can hear the pronunciation here:



    Curious George is Nicke Nyfiken in Swedish.

    The first spoken line is:
    Det här är Nicke.
    This is Nicke.

    Hm, there seems to be a problem embedding this, you can see it here:
    Nicke Nyfiken På Sjukhus [1983] - YouTube
    wait, so Curious George's name in Sweden is Nicke?

    little know fact about Paulie, err Paul............I FCUKING LOVE CURIOUS GEORGE!!!

    like, irrationally might be one of my top 5 fav things in my lifetime

  18. #18
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,207
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    wait, so Curious George's name in Sweden is Nicke?

    little know fact about Paulie, err Paul............I FCUKING LOVE CURIOUS GEORGE!!!

    like, irrationally might be one of my top 5 fav things in my lifetime
    So... I'm curious... what are your top 4?
    Stillearly likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    wait, so Curious George's name in Sweden is Nicke?
    Nicke Nyfigen
    Nyfigen = Curious

    I am not sure, if he still has that name. The video is from 1983 and a few years ago, the copyright holders wanted the name to be Curious George in all languages. I don't know if the Swedish version managed to keep it's old name.

    In Denmark we succeeded to keep the old name after a long and hard fight. In Denmark Curious George is named Peter Pedal which - contrary to the Swedish name - does not have anything in common with the original name.

  20. #20
    Senior Member billpay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Nicke, pronounced with a strong e at the end......more like "nikke".............................Hard without speaking to you guys. The 'e' is not pronounced in an English way. It's pronounced more like the 'e' in 'cafe', but shorter.
    Like NickEH

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •