Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My dream....almost there

My dream....almost there

Not sure if I have mentioned it in here before, but I always had a dream about going to Africa. If everything works out I'm going to Cape Town in the end of June next year. Will travel with a friend that is born in Rhodesia and been living in SA for many years. We will stay in Cape Town for two weeks, then go on a safari (hunting/photo) in some of the national parks and end up in Namibia. My friend got his own toyota landcruiser that he rents out to the national park. We are going to use his car and go all over the place by ourselves. Will have more details later, but I'm all exited now. I haven't had a holiday for the last 10 years so this is great.
    The good thing is I'm going with a guy that speak fluid Zulu and some other tribe languages. We don't need to do the tourist routes as his family has all the connections with diamond industry in Transwaal and the surroundings.
    As the plan works out I'll come back with more information ......about places we are going to and all the madness that is being planed at the moment. We are going to do sand surfing in the Kalahari ( will probably brake a leg or two)...... It's my dream continent; once you go black, you never go back :-)

Sorry if I'm not responding to this thread in a while as I'm busy and the internet connection is crap.
    I feel 10 years younger just thinking about this trip.
    Bacon, K2, junkhouse and 5 others like this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

But it is cold and winter in Capetown in June!!!!

No, it's actually quite nice........about 20ish degrees C and some small showers of rain.....August/ Sept is the monsoon time. TWD (bm)will fill inn the missing parts about the weather

I thought your dream was to become a pre-op woman.
    Waharoa likes this.

I sailed on South Africa and found the weather in Capetown not so enjoyable in those moths. Durban, East London and Port Elisabeth was better.
    Bur Capetown and the Cape province is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I sailed on South Africa and found the weather in Capetown not so enjoyable in those moths. Durban, East London and Port Elisabeth was better.
    Bur Capetown and the Cape province is nice.
    I'm not really looking forward to the Capetown bit that much, but that is the place where my friend have his house and has to do some business before we can hit the real wilderness........He will be busy for at least a week, so I can explore the surroundings by car.....all the SA guys I have met (black and white) have been really nice people, so I can't wait to get there

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I haven't had a holiday for the last 10 years so this is great.
    Here I was thinking Geir is a lucky bastard that have been on a 10 year long holiday in Thailand, how wrong could I be.
    krukke likes this.

I have some friends and family that all have a deep love with Africa.. Only ever done north africa, never sub saharan.

Stay away from Congo......

Cant say I'm in love with that continent but agree it really seems to grab some people

My experience isn't the best; all being work related in Nigeria, Kenya, Somalia & Somaliland, Zimbabwe and South Africa. I have been in that mall many times in Nairobi Kenya that just got done by Al Shabab

Have to say I could imagine what Zimbabwe must have been, lovey countryside and villas in Harare. I also liked South Africa in terms of it's 1st world development

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    Here I was thinking Geir is a lucky bastard that have been on a 10 year long holiday in Thailand, how wrong could I be.
    Making a living in Thailand is probably one of the hardest jobs in the world 5555

Making a living in Thailand is probably one of the hardest jobs in the world 5555
    Not if you don't drink 55555!

No, it's actually quite nice........about 20ish degrees C and some small showers of rain.....August/ Sept is the monsoon time. TWD (bm)will fill inn the missing parts about the weather
    Well Winter is the worst time to visit imo however the weather is still pretty mild.....as you say 20 degrees mid-day or so unless
    experiencing a cold front.CT is different from the interior in that it us quite wet while Jhb and the bushveld is dry.....bone dry so good for game viewing as you can see more.

It can be a bit nippy in the mornings and early evenings tho' and of course the days are shorter.

Sounds good tho' Geir....I love this country.

Look forward to hearing more and will help wherever needed.....tho' it sounds like you have it sorted.

Beers on me if you are in Joey's
    geir likes this.

June is mid winter here in CT, but you should still get some great days.. Loads to do and see whilst your mate is working.
    PM me closer to the time and perhaps we can meet up for a beer...

Quote Originally Posted by retepg View Post
    June is mid winter here in CT, but you should still get some great days.. Loads to do and see whilst your mate is working.
    PM me closer to the time and perhaps we can meet up for a beer...
    if it were me and i was living in the constant heat of Thailand for all that time, i would prefer to be going when it is cooler
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    if it were me and i was living in the constant heat of Thailand for all that time, i would prefer to be going when it is cooler
    Well I do live here and I'd be the total opposite, cold is cold and we are simply not used to it!!! 22 degrees is cold for us, not sure what the temperature is like there at that time of year???
    Evilbaz likes this.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Well I do live here and I'd be the total opposite, cold is cold and we are simply not used to it!!! 22 degrees is cold for us, not sure what the temperature is like there at that time of year???
    We have some great winters days. Think English summer 555
    Waharoa likes this.

Well it can make a nice fresh change.

Phuket in June/ July I found a bit energy sapping.

But overall I prefer hot too cold.

My thing about winter is more related to the general light.

But just get the hell over.....it's not worth worrying about....the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    i've always liked the changing weather, one of the reasons i don't want to live in Thailand or any hot weathered country full time

today is 10-13 C and sunny and I couldn't think of any other weather i'd rather be in but like i said i always liked the different seasons......fall being my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i've always liked the changing weather, one of the reasons i don't want to live in Thailand or any hot weathered country full time

today is 10-13 C and sunny and I couldn't think of any other weather i'd rather be in but like i said i always liked the different seasons......fall being my favourite
    Sorry lost track?? which one of the reasons is that?????555555
    Evilbaz likes this.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast