Thread: How busy is Phuket now ?

How busy is Phuket now ?

Heading back there in 3 weeks time, after a week in Pattaya on the way. Have only been to Phuket/Thailand in Jan/Feb before which is peak season.

I speak to a Thai bar girl in Phuket everyday, until the last 10 days or so (Songkan), her bar in Soi Seadragon has been pretty quiet.

Are there still a lot of tourists around, or does it feel half empty now ?. I assume the Tiger complex is as popular as ever, how about the rest of Bangla Road ?.

definitely thinning out now after songkran....but probably a great time to visit before the wet season really gets a hold on...Sea Dragon still reasonably busy and the girls are starting to "show below" again....Soi Eric is blacked out from about halfway back and new tiger is getting a little less frantic....a lot less of the Billabong hats on sideways crowd as well

I agree with Nelson, the girls are starting to come back after spending big baht back home, so now's just as good a time to come out and have a good time. Bars in New Tiger are hit and miss with some still really busy while others are starting to fade, but that's more to do with how they are managed than where they are located in the complex. The one's with their farang owner's creating some atmosphere always seem to do better than the ones with just the Thai mamasan managing it.

I know not Phuket but just to say.. Tumbleweed blowing through Phnom Penh this last week.. I think in part because its raining in the early evening which puts off people wandering the streets.

I'm just hoping that its sunny a lot of the time, & not too much rain.

My 5 days in Patong will be with a girl I met in January, but I'll be having a week in Pattaya first before settling down

^ Very wise 555