Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: so the russians on bangla are NOT legal then

so the russians on bangla are NOT legal then

Good news I guess........maybe it can get the number of Russians down :-)

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Good news I guess........maybe it can get the number of Russians down :-)
    I wouldn't hold my breath. This is a one step forward, two steps back type of situation.

I guess some cash will be rolling and back to normal again............................I liked Patong much more before the Russian mafia got involved.

I guess some cash will be rolling and back to normal again............................I liked Patong much more before the Russian mafia got involved.
    Back in the days when it was just the tuk-tuk mafia? It was alomost happy days looking back wasn't it?
    geir likes this.

Not to me it wasn't, bring on more Ruskies, pay their rent well, mainly good tenants and repeat custom outweighs any other nation, all I need now is an oligarch as bestest mate, just in case of any nasty turns!!!!

I also dont get the massive dislike of Ruskis.. OK I get the mafia running white girls thing..

But one on one.. Ruskis seemed OK to me.. Bit loud and blunt.. Bit drunk.. Tend to the larger kind of build.. Seems like a lot in common

Having lived in Holland, and seeing how Brit stag do and lads on tour were, I cringe more at seeing that than many Ruskis and I am one..

Russkies here are usually young couples with no kids...lots stay for the whole of their winter and pretty much keep to themselves...they will say hello but not keen to engage in conversation

There were 7 of the 8 bungalows here up on what i call Russian Row occupied by Russkies when i left in late march....this week there is just one family left

The Russian agogo over in Chaweng seems pretty low key...just a couple of girls handing out fliers near the doorway...no "showing" inside....it would seem they are pretty well tolerated here

I think you can ask almost any non Russian bar or restaurant owner in Phuket about Russian customers and get more or less the same answer.......I've been asking quite a few and none of them like them.......They say they are rude, complain about bills, refuse to pay and on the top of it speak poor or none English.

I think you can ask almost any non Russian bar or restaurant owner in Phuket about Russian customers and get more or less the same answer.......I've been asking quite a few and none of them like them.......They say they are rude, complain about bills, refuse to pay and on the top of it speak poor or none English.
    let's see;
    Rude, I know a few other nationalities.
    Complain about the bills, some Europeans like French must be of Russian descent then
    Refuse to pay, seen it from others also
    No English or nearly no English, so do French, Italian, Spanish, some Fins and 125% of the Chinese.

BTW, if those bar or restaurant owners don't want Russians, then why do I see more Russian texts outside Pattaya and Phuket restaurants than I see English? Check beachroad in Pattaya or Patong, check JC.

Maybe Russian owners, or it's the only option they have to actually get customers while the economy in Europe/US is down........
    I have to admit that the business owners I've talked to is located a bit off the beach roads. But it also involve Visa Run companies that have to deal with them on daily basis.

Geir,

Go to Pattaya Beach Road.
    No way it can be owned more than 75% by Russians.

So there I was....
    In a Family Mart on the middle road in Patong one day.
    A BIG Russian guy (family man with wife and kids) was there at the counter, I came up and stood behind him awaiting my turn.
    He knew I was there as he looked my way as I came up behind him.
    He paid for a couple of bottles of water and a yogurt drink and some mobile refill.
    Counter girl refills his phone, shows him the new balance and gives him his other items in a bag and his change back, he checks the change is correct and puts it in his wallet.
    I assumed he would step aside and leave at some point, so I could get my full basket on the counter.
    But no, after about 30 secs of him still looking in his wallet and his phone, the counter girl looking at him like WTF don't you leave? And me fiddling around to make him aware that there were others in line, still no sign of any movement from him.
    I cleared my throat, still nothing. He heard it though, slight movement of head.
    Another 15 secs or so go by and now I'm getting impatient and slightly irritated, the counter girl beckons me to come forward, but this guy is blocking.
    So I walk up, lift my basket, gently elbows him on his arm, voicing "Can I?" and a head nod to the side to politely show him I want to get this moving along.
    He grunts and looks at me like I'm the rudest person on earth and has offended him greatly.
    Anyway he reluctantly moves out of the way, goes out to his wife and kids and blappers off, most likely about me.
    I get my items paid for and go out and they are all standing there eyeballing me, commenting something to me in Russian, like I'm the worst person on earth.

Well, that's just one of my experiences with the Russians in Patong.... Rude and ignorant as fuck.
    Last edited by Lightemup; 2nd May 2013 at 04:00.

^ instead of clearing your throat and getting impatient , why not just say " excuse me " and ask him to move .... Simples
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

The guy was clearly aware that I was there and wanting to get serviced, no doubt about that.
    That was the whole reason why I got irritated at him.
    He was finished with his shopping, just blocking stalling for no apparent reason. Counter girl even shaked her head when he left.

I know that I've heard all kinds of stories about the Russians, but I have had no problem with them. the ones that have eaten here have been quiet and polite, and do spend the money. Maybe I've just been lucky so far.

I'm sure it's both kinds, but for someone to get such a bad reputation I'm sure it's a reason for it...............(like Israelis)

I'm sure it's both kinds, but for someone to get such a bad reputation I'm sure it's a reason for it...............(like Israelis)
    The Israelis thing I get having had lots of experienced with their 'holy than tho' attitude on PP but I have to say the Russians I have encountered, and they impossible to miss everywhere I go, have seemed like normal people doing the same as me, enjoying the island. Maybe time will show me another side.

On my last visa run to Penang one Russian guy mad us wait 45 minutes at the border. Our driver told us first at breakfast, then in the mini bus what to do with the stuff from the tax free shop. The Russian guy totally ignored him and it took him 45 minutes to pas customs.
    Maybe lack of English or just another ignorant bastard. The driver told me they had similar problems on almost every trip...always with Russians! No problems with other poor English speaking nationalities like Italian, french or Spanish.........
    Like my friends with businesses in Phuket tell me, they are rude and selfish.
    One Thai lady with a basic street type Thai restaurant on Nanai road told me about a Russian family. They ordered 5 basic Thai meals and soft drinks. They finished 4 of the meals and maybe half of the 5th. When they asked for the bill they refused to pay for the 5th as they didn't like it. Told her they would pay for 4 or nothing. The Thai lady backed off and took the 60 Baht loss.................
    Things like this makes me really angry and of cause it makes it easier to stereotype a group of people. IMO it's to many stories like this and I'm happy that huge numbers haven't found the way to Koh Phayam yet.

I like the ones who wear captains hats.....reminds me of Gilligans island 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast