Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: You are what you eat.. A weeks worth of food.

You are what you eat.. A weeks worth of food.

Just a random one but.. A weeks worth of food, from families around the world.

What A Week Of Groceries Looks Like Around The World | RAW FOR BEAUTY

Its plain to see which countries have the taste for processed foods.. Apart from the crazy amount of soda / coke the mexican one looks appealing as does the German and Italian. True to form the Jappers loads of fish etc.

what a great blog/article

i think developing countries drink much more soda/Coke than you think they would

USA- this picture in particular. This is not a small sample size, i've been around them a lot and a good amount of african-americans, especially in the inner city, their diets are alarmingly atrocious

Canada-healthiest eating country i've ever been witness to, on a whole

^ I would have thought the average Thai diet was much more healthy than the averageCanadian one...much smaller portions, less meat, sugar and fats

unless of course your sample consists of downtown educated Vancouverites?...my experience in Canada was get out of the big cities and you find a diet quite similar to the USA's mid west

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ I would have thought the average Thai diet was much more healthy than the averageCanadian one...much smaller portions, less meat, sugar and fats

unless of course your sample consists of downtown educated Vancouverites?...my experience in Canada was get out of the big cities and you find a diet quite similar to the USA's mid west
    is the thai diet that healthy? if they didn't cook with all the crap they put into it, i would say yes.
    Ao's mindset is much healthier than the average Canadian, the base foods that she buys. tons of vegetables, herbs, and such
    but then she cooks with these oils, MSG, even the amount of chillies they eat will hurt their stomach lining

i think the metro areas of Canada eat extremely healthy on a whole, the rural areas will eat more organically but still healthy. I would say there is only a small pocket, in comparison, that really eat badly. That is just based in my everyday observations, not on any kind of research or hard facts
    just knowing the mindset that i have noticed. obviously in sharp contrast to the US but overall, i just think it is a very healthy eating country

Remind me not to go live in Mali or Chad.

I'd have never have thought that coke was so popular in Mexico, the Japanese diet is supposed to be the healthiest with them having all those world records for longest living people. India, Turkey and Italy looked nice and fresh and plenty of choice, the African ones were quite sobering.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    is the thai diet that healthy? if they didn't cook with all the crap they put into it, i would say yes.
    Ao's mindset is much healthier than the average Canadian, the base foods that she buys. tons of vegetables, herbs, and such
    but then she cooks with these oils, MSG, even the amount of chillies they eat will hurt their stomach lining

i think the metro areas of Canada eat extremely healthy on a whole, the rural areas will eat more organically but still healthy. I would say there is only a small pocket, in comparison, that really eat badly. That is just based in my everyday observations, not on any kind of research or hard facts
    just knowing the mindset that i have noticed. obviously in sharp contrast to the US but overall, i just think it is a very healthy eating country

Hmmm???? so why especially Americans, but also Canadians, have such a high percentage of fat and also obese people, when compared to Asian countries? is it really all Ronald McDonalds fault????
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post

MSG is only bad for you if you are allergic to it - it occurs naturally in seaweed and many vegetables.
    Buy your wife a top quality set of teflon pots and pans and plastic utensils and she can minimize the oil.
    The nearer Thais are to fresh food the healthier they eat if they cook for themselves.
    Here they eat a lot of steamed or BBQ (open grille) seafood with stir fried or raw vegetables.
    A lot of our fruit is fresh picked from local backyards.

If they snack from foodcarts it's often deep-fried crap - the same as western take-away snacks.

^ are you saying because it occurs naturally it's not bad for you?

Also what amounts does it occur naturally v the tablespoons they shove into stuff..

I find it makes me feel a few kinds of off after I eat something with it.

Also what amounts does it occur naturally v the tablespoons they shove into stuff..

I see what you mean, one of the veggies at the right hand side of the table is placed at the left of a slightly smaller veggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Hmmm???? so why especially Americans, but also Canadians, have such a high percentage of fat and also obese people, when compared to Asian countries? is it really all Ronald McDonalds fault????
    you can be unhealthy besides just being obese

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    I'd have never have thought that coke was so popular in Mexico,.
    Coca Cola is the best selling soft drink in every developed country in the world...except Scotland, where it is Irn Bru!irn_bru_photo.jpg
    LivinLOS and Yes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlov's dogs View Post
    Coca Cola is the best selling soft drink in every developed country in the world...except Scotland, where it is Irn Bru!
    I didn't see a row of coke bottles on any other nations pic! It's usually the other type of coke I'd associate with Mexico.

The British one cannot be correct....................... nowhere near enough pies on that table.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Yes
    Iron Bru was the main reason John Rebus was so successful

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post

This.

Any MSG is bad for you _IF_ you're allergic to it.

If you're not, too much is still bad for you. MSG is one of those "in moderation" things.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    The British one cannot be correct....................... nowhere near enough pies on that table.
    Maybe it's because someone ate all of them.
    Waharoa likes this.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

Really, was that the best Australian family they could find?

However we do tend to have a very meat rich diet, most meals will include a meat portion. Breakfast is the big exception but mainly that is because most Aussies just don't have the time to fry up some bacon before going to work.

What these pictures dont show is the amount of fast food consumed. Australia does tend to consume a lot of fast food, less than the Americans but probably significantly more than our European counterparts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast