Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Jfk

Jfk

Today marks the 50th anniversary of the killing of US President John F Kennedy, the controversy that still surrounds his assassination, there's a huge amount of video's on youtube, any amount of books, only yesterday I was listening to an interview with a guy who's released yet another book. I'm not really one for conspiracy theories as they always come across as being somewhat wise after the event but there seems to be something to the JFK assassination. I'm not talking about the theories that the driver shot him, Jackie shot him or a secret service guy's gun went off by accident but rather the poor investigation, the Zapruder film showing JFK's head moving as if shot from the front, Oswald's extremely strange background with moving to the Soviet Union, marrying a Soviet citizen after 6 weeks and moving back to the US, Ruby shooting Oswald 2 days after he was arrested.

There's plenty more, there's also lots of so called theories that have been discredited like the change of parade route to Dealey plaza so he went right by the book Depository, in fact it's the only way to get back onto the expressway. I'd be interested to hear other people's views, not interested in getting into a splitting hairs going nowhere thread so would appreciate if people want to contribute that they keep it civilized.

I'm a big fan of the US comedian Bill Hicks and I always liked his take on the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Fl9ZVJ7B8

I remember that day very well. It is THE one moment in my life that I recall exactly where I was when I heard it and what I was doing. Seems a lifetime ago.....well, I guess it was.

As far as conspiracies are concerned, I don't rule anything out, but I don't think anything will EVER be proven.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

^ me too....at school in Australia as an 8yo...the teachers told us what had happened and then we had the TV turned on shortly after to watch reports and some footage....had a profound impact on me as iirc it was the first time I had ever seen anyone assassinated....let alone a president of the USA who was kinda treated like a god in Australia at the time....many of the kids were in tears but the teachers kept showing it....kinda strange..I don't think they would let kids of that age watch that footage now

this is my Uncle's(well Mom's Uncle), Dave Powers, real footage of that day
    he was JFK's best friend and aide and in the parade route

November 21, 1963 - President John F. Kennedy's aide Dave Powers rare film from San Antonio, Texas - YouTube

there was a doc on the other day on about what the Dallas Cowboys went through that season and years after
    people blaming them! they said that weeeknd they got to Cleveland and the bell boys wouldn't take their bags!

There's a couple of other interesting videos on youtube that if you've got a couple of hours you may like to check out.
    The JFK Assassination: What really happened. - YouTube – American academic Jerry Kroth gives a pretty independent view and weighs up the pro's and con's of the various sides of the argument.

The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence - YouTube – Two secret service agents interviewed in 2011 including Clint Hill who was the guy who ran onto Kennedy's car after he was shot. They've released a book and are interviewed in the 6th floor book depository museum.

Terrible interview of Clinton Hill in 1975 - YouTube – Clint Hill interviewed 1975, telling a very different story to the one above.

One thing about Paul's video is that it shows that he could have been shot in any amount of places along that route.

Interesting article from the BBC :

BBC News - JFK anniversary: The myth and reality

I remember Mom taking us out of school and listening to it on the radio as she drove over the hill. Later watching the B&W coverage on the 3 channels available. I watched Jack Ruby shoot Oswald as they did the Perp Walk. Now I don't know if I watched it "live" or a replay. Nice television for a 7 year old. Eh?

Without any evidence and just pure gut feeling

I am convinced he was assassinated.

Interesting article Faulty.....thanks for posting

Well we got the deluge of jfk docs last night and the one thing that stuck out for me was thzt Oswald could have never gotten a fair trial had he lived, the way he was paraded in front of the media even before being charged was shocking. If ever there was a trial by media this was it, releasing the infamous photo of him with the rifle and so much of his personal history been given out it really looked like that this was a clear cut case but it was far from that.

I too watched some new docs last night and learned an awful lot more. The whole story of his running after the assassination. I didn't know he killed a policeman during his get away which is what he was charged with first. If after all this time no one has tangible proof otherwise. It seems like he acted alone. But it is just too difficult to find balance in the act. On one side he killed the President. And on the other side you have Oswald. It's difficult to rationalize an odd man like him was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I too watched some new docs last night and learned an awful lot more. The whole story of his running after the assassination. I didn't know he killed a policeman during his get away which is what he was charged with first. If after all this time no one has tangible proof otherwise. It seems like he acted alone. But it is just too difficult to find balance in the act. On one side he killed the President. And on the other side you have Oswald. It's difficult to rationalize an odd man like him was successful.
    but not when you think about it
    the President was driving around in a convertible!!
    it is one of those things that you never think about how ludicrous it was until it happened

Bill Maher had a great monolouge on JFK last night
    he basically said you can arguehis presidency and his family or whatever, but there is no arguing he was a cool mothercuker!!

funny enough, i am Irish Catholic from Boston, JFK has sat in my grandmother's kitchen on many occasions and i sort of detest the family, over time
    they just seemed so fcuked up

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    but not when you think about it
    the President was driving around in a convertible!!
    it is one of those things that you never think about how ludicrous it was until it happened

Bill Maher had a great monolouge on JFK last night
    he basically said you can arguehis presidency and his family or whatever, but there is no arguing he was a cool mothercuker!!

funny enough, i am Irish Catholic from Boston, JFK has sat in my grandmother's kitchen on many occasions and i sort of detest the family, over time
    they just seemed so fcuked up
    I think the main thing that people find hard to accept is that Oswald got off the 3 shots in less than 6 seconds. With the 3rd doing all the damage. And they say it was a real cheap rifle. They also say he was a marksman in the Marines. But how was he still such a great shot after he left the marines. He is a fascinating villain.

If after all this time no one has tangible proof otherwise. It seems like he acted alone.
    The 3 tramps ???

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    The 3 tramps ???
    They didn't cover that theory last night. And I never heard of it.

They didn't cover that theory last night. And I never heard of it.
    3 alleged tramps were arrested from the railway yard boxcars, except these vagrants were clean shaven, had shiny polished shoes, etc etc. I cant remember the names that I heard identified with the photos but one did a deathbed confession and another had his GF later claim he was the grassy knoll shooter.

All other conspiracy ideas aside.. It comes to once central unarguable point.. You either buy the single bullet theory (which is so riddled with holes and impossibility I think you have to willfully ignore the evidence) or Oswald was not alone.

3 alleged tramps were arrested from the railway yard boxcars, except these vagrants were clean shaven, had shiny polished shoes, etc etc. I cant remember the names that I heard identified with the photos but one did a deathbed confession and another had his GF later claim he was the grassy knoll shooter.
    55 well there ya go. Solved.. Go home everybody..

55 well there ya go. Solved.. Go home everybody..
    Not at all, but its another piece of potential fact to put onto the scales..

Simply put I cannot fathom how anyone can buy the single bullet theory.. Once thats then a baseline.. Everything else falls apart.

Not at all, but its another piece of potential fact to put onto the scales..

Simply put I cannot fathom how anyone can buy the single bullet theory.. Once thats then a baseline.. Everything else falls apart.
    I agree. It's very difficult to fathom. But it is possible it happened the way it seemed to happen. Why don't we have one piece of evidence to conclusively prove otherwise? With all these side stories there has to be at least a hundred people that are keeping a secret.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast