Thread: Bit of a Shocker !

Bit of a Shocker !

Just read this on the Phuket gazette....

Phuket NEWS: Tourist Police Volunteer busted for drug dealing in P

Amazing that someone that must know so much about how everything works and tariffs for these things would get involved in this out here ! and got to be looking at 15 years + for this amount here ???

Am sure there are 2 sides to it and maybe he has been stitched up ..possibly other BM's might know the guy....just seems strange someone in that position would be involved in things like that as most tourist police seem pretty upstanding members of the community here ?!?
    Last edited by davis121; 18th December 2013 at 19:04.

Gary Halpin?? I know that name and also recognise his face, but due to my impending Alzheimers simply cannot remember why?? he wasn't the guy who owned the hotel and posted regularly on PI regarding Tourist Police matters was he? if he wasn't then apologise to that guy, sorry for inference.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Gary Halpin?? I know that name and also recognise his face, but due to my impending Alzheimers simply cannot remember why?? he wasn't the guy who owned the hotel and posted regularly on PI regarding Tourist Police matters was he? if he wasn't then apologise to that guy, sorry for inference.
    @ Dodgester.....I have no idea but I find it quite sad the guy had to get involved in that if that is the case! In the UK for something like that would probably be community service and here you lose your whole life and with all due respect he should know that IF this is all gospel !
    Last edited by davis121; 19th December 2013 at 07:50.

I guess your thinking of Simon who had the airport hotel and was a early TVP often discussing it.

His face and the story of his arrest was plastered all over FB a few days back Dodge....you possibly recognize him from that

Nah didn't see him on facebook, go to rack my brain now for where I feel I have seen him though??
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Bangla

Sure I saw him there.

Then there is the question of how much time.....something like this in the UK would probably be a few months inside, whereas here maybe 20 years?!? although I think the guy is wrong and deserves a good few years if guilty...cant help but feel a bit sorry for these people with the amount of jail time they are probably facing out here

Thai sentencing (for all crimes) has wild diversions.. Someone will get 4x another persons similar sentence..

Also sometimes murder gets 3 years and a couple of pills get 8.. They seem to see crimes of passion like murder and retaliation of cheating partners as being 'understandable' IMO.. Stuff like Ohh he was Angry.. So thats OK then ??

Also noted is that when they bust a dealer, they ALWAYS arrange to go upstream to bust his dealer, but in this case they bust the guy and he rolls over on Gary his customer.. I guess busting a farang was worth doing downstream for.

Thai police (associate) selling drugs?
    Well I never ...
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Well I never ...

Not the only one..

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Well I never ...
    Tourist Police though... surely has to be very rare ?!?

See the post 11

5555.........wow ! I must be getting a bit naive in my old age