Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dan boy

Thread: Thai places near you.

Thai places near you.

Was just wondering how many thai places are around where you guys live. Probably alot of restaurants and take-aways. Here in Antwerp Belgium we have some thai owned pubs. So lots of guys going to LOS spend their times in there and offcourse most of the thai boys and girls that live around here. Last sunday night had some sort of barcrawl. Went to 4 different thai pubs around here. And if my memory is still good there are about 9 to 10 places just to go drinking.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

^ quite a few here on Samui Pete......555

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ quite a few here on Samui Pete......555
    LOL. Do I really have to edit the previous message.

When I was at Uni, I counted 8 different Thai restaurants on Oxford St alone! Some great names too, 'Thai Tanic', 'Thai Me Up' 555

At least those are funny names. The names of the thai pubs here are Puang, Ayuthaya, Isaan, Pattaya, Pad thai, Udon. Restaurant names in Antwerp; Ploy Pochana, Take-a-thai, A-thai, Seree thai, Praem Pochana, Sri-thai, Mai thai, Ying thai, We thai food, and lots more.

i think a Thai pub will do well here
    so many Thai restaurants and the cooks/chefs are always going out drinking after work

No Thai pubs or clubs down my way, 3 restaurants as far as I know. I would of scoped any decent Thai joints long ago if there were any local

No bars , but lots of restaurants and a couple of small shops selling ingredients. The closest restaurant is about a minute walk from my house, right on the beach , great food , but a touch more expensive than LOS .....
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quite a few restaurants, but more importantly at least 5 or 6 Thai massage joints around the Manchester area........
    Stillearly likes this.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

hundreds of Thai joints in Sydney...King St Newtown had 30-40 Thai restaurants along it alone...there is a proper little Thai town down near Central/China Town as well but Thais have spread out into many areas of Sydney these days...many high streets would have Thai grocers on them

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    hundreds of Thai joints in Sydney...King St Newtown had 30-40 Thai restaurants along it alone...there is a proper little Thai town down near Central/China Town as well but Thais have spread out into many areas of Sydney these days...many high streets would have Thai grocers on them
    thai town in sydney is great, population around 100k, also out at cabramatta there is a strong thai influence albeit a vietnamese area, thais are well represented with video shops grocery, hardware, fish mongers, butchers and of course restaurants.

no bars but there are 3 thai restaurants in the town i live (victoria point, Brisbane). not bad considering i live in a small town in the suburbs. also there's around 3,000 thai's living in the Brisbane suburbs of sunnybank, Browns plains, and calamvale area's. so im sure there would be several bars and restaurants there.
    known as josho86 from PI forums

i met a guy recently who runs a pub in dublin in a great tourist location,he's married to a thai and used to run the irish pub in chewang(tropical murphys).he said his pub is full of his thai wifes friends and all the thai chefs from around town.he's hoping to have it as a central point for them all. dropped in a few times since and with the misses and felt right at home there.nice guy too

About 4 or 5 Thai restaurants in Bruges. Sunday 2 June they hold a Thai fair on the market square. Stalls with Thai food, Thai dancing, beer,... and a lot of Thai women with their farang husband.

Quote Originally Posted by josh86 View Post
    no bars but there are 3 thai restaurants in the town i live (victoria point, Brisbane). not bad considering i live in a small town in the suburbs. also there's around 3,000 thai's living in the Brisbane suburbs of sunnybank, Browns plains, and calamvale area's. so im sure there would be several bars and restaurants there.
    jetstar's prime market. 55

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    About 4 or 5 Thai restaurants in Bruges. Sunday 2 June they hold a Thai fair on the market square. Stalls with Thai food, Thai dancing, beer,... and a lot of Thai women with their farang husband.
    Have seen the invites in Antwerp. Try to make it overthere if my daughters birthday party on saterday doesn't end too late and the weather is fine. Couple years ago it was in Antwerp. Lots of people sunny weather and a nice vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    thai town in sydney is great, population around 100k
    Shit, that's more than Phuket 55555
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Quote Originally Posted by ken2013 View Post
    i met a guy recently who runs a pub in dublin in a great tourist location,he's married to a thai and used to run the irish pub in chewang(tropical murphys).he said his pub is full of his thai wifes friends and all the thai chefs from around town.he's hoping to have it as a central point for them all. dropped in a few times since and with the misses and felt right at home there.nice guy too
    i think you'd get the thai trade w/o a doubt
    but i don't know how appealing it would be to a broader customer base

but i think just having yout thai missus working at the bar would bring the thai restaurant industry trade.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    i think you'd get the thai trade w/o a doubt
    but i don't know how appealing it would be to a broader customer base

but i think just having yout thai missus working at the bar would bring the thai restaurant industry trade.
    the pub does really well with normal customers.in fact its a big hit with american tourists. its a really old and famous pub in one of the best locations in dublin,it is on one of the pub tourists maps.
    not sure his lady works there, but i know a lot of her friends use it as a starting point on there nights out. thai community in ireland is growing fast so nice for them to have a joint like this.
    Last edited by ken2013; 22nd May 2013 at 21:29.