Thread: Tesla model S scores 99 out of  100 points

Tesla model S scores 99 out of  100 points

Very impressive yes, but imo i don't really get electric cars.. your limited.. If i wanted to go on road trip with friends that we do a few times a year.. i think if one us had an electric car we'd get pissed off with having to go and charge it up instead of going and getting fuel. Was that the battery they showed underneath the car? They would take a battering around here.
    Unfortunately with all the global warming shite, this is the way car manufacturers are going to go.. they're already pushing out very small engines with turbos or superchargers bolted on to keep the bhp up.

Oh Nom1s... the world moves faster than you think. It may go this way for a while... but long before you reach old age, no one will be driving cars powered by petrol, diesel or electricity any more... Make the most of your driving fun while you still can... even wheels may vanish with CDs and newspapers...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Oh Nom1s... the world moves faster than you think. It may go this way for a while... but long before you reach old age, no one will be driving cars powered by petrol, diesel or electricity any more... Make the most of your driving fun while you still can... even wheels may vanish with CDs and newspapers...
    The model S does 0-100 kmh faster than a Ferrari Testarosa so I think you could have some fun with it....

^The 200 miles between re-charging is also impressive for an electric car too...

One big concern has been the life and the cost of the battery pack. Tesla have addressed this.

Tesla Motors has raised the bar for electric vehicles by now offering an eight-year unlimited mileage warranty for the battery pack in the Model S sedan.

The warranty includes eight years unlimited mileage for the Model S’s 85 kwh battery pack and eight years or 125,000 miles for the 60kwh pack (whichever comes first), as reported by the Detroit Free Press.

Just as well really......

While difficult to exactly nail down, Plug-In Cars estimates the replacement 85 kwh battery pack for the Model S could cost as much as $34,000.