Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android 4.3 any minute ??

Android 4.3 any minute ??

Nexus 4 running what could be Android 4.3 found at Thailand mobile expo | Android Central

This is why I stick with Nexus phones every time.. Stays at the front of the evolution and stays current for longest.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Nexus 4 running what could be Android 4.3 found at Thailand mobile expo | Android Central

This is why I stick with Nexus phones every time.. Stays at the front of the evolution and stays current for longest.
    why do these updates matter?
    obviously i don't know shit
    i bought my HTC One and am happy on what i have, why do i need updates?

Individually they make only small improvements (especially as this is going to be a small upgrade on the 4.2) but over time they really add up and the big updates (2 to 4 etc) totally have revamped the phone.. Early 2.0 android devices were frankly a bit clunky, then 2.2 smoothed them out.. 2.3 and 4 really brought the polish.. Android 3 was tablet so 4 was a huge update (and closed the to lines of 2 and 3 into a single release).

It basically radically increases the lifespan of the phone.. I bought a nexus one soon after launch.. Being a nexus meant it got all the updates, first, no operator waiting and I still use it as my travel spare to use 2 sims.. Thats a 3 and a half year old tech device that still feels current, while most other android phones with touchwiz, sense or outher UI tweaks wont have been updates and would be nasty to use. Its a huge plus for the lifespan of the phone.

The right small improvements can have a big meaning. My hearing is very different at the right and the left ear. In the Android that my phone from last year was born with, it was not possible to balance the sound. It became possible after an upgrade, making it much different for me to listen to music on the device.

I'm stuck with 4.1 on my S3 and sadly, Samsung will not be releasing any updates. Unless I crack the phone, which I don't want to do. If you want Shiner android, you gotta get an S4. That's marketing for ya.

Quite happy with what I have though at the moment. But the difference from ice cream sandwich to jelly bean was pretty big. The difference to batter life alone was amazing.
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Rumours about the HTC One launching an Android only version like the S4, but only USA Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I'm stuck with 4.1 on my S3 and sadly, Samsung will not be releasing any updates. Unless I crack the phone, which I don't want to do. If you want Shiner android, you gotta get an S4. That's marketing for ya.

Quite happy with what I have though at the moment. But the difference from ice cream sandwich to jelly bean was pretty big. The difference to batter life alone was amazing.
    According to this article 4.2.2 will be released to S3 in June Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 update leaks | Know Your Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    why do these updates matter?
    obviously i don't know shit
    i bought my HTC One and am happy on what i have, why do i need updates?
    Do they matter to you?

This is the true beauty of Android. To Android users like LiL and myself being on the bleeding edge is important, however to other users it isn't, they favour social networking, improved stability or reliable features over rapid updates. There are Android phones for that appeal to different kinds of users.

Personally I like new updates because they bring new functionality, your priorities may be totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    Do they matter to you?

This is the true beauty of Android. To Android users like LiL and myself being on the bleeding edge is important, however to other users it isn't, they favour social networking, improved stability or reliable features over rapid updates. There are Android phones for that appeal to different kinds of users.

Personally I like new updates because they bring new functionality, your priorities may be totally different.
    how do i know there is an update/
    and is it easy to do and then is it hard to figure it out after?

fcuk, i am a retard 555

Normally will come up on the phone if not go into your settings..

HTC One right? Drag top bar down click the little cog, all the way to the bottom 'About' then 'Software updates' Will then check for you.

fcuk, i am a retard 555
    On the galaxy I go to settings>> About
    Under about there's Software update where you can hit check for updates
    ןooʇsɹɐq ʎɯ uo ʞɔɐq eɯ ʇnd esɐeןd sıɥʇ pɐeɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Yea use wifi for updates.

It'll tell you and it downloads and installs itself after you press "OK".

If I decide to take any updates I will probably do them manually through Odin as I am rooted and the last update to my phone (before I was rooted) fixed the exploit that people used to root. Many rooted lost root because of this. I froze the update wizard. I will have to get the scrubbed file and instructions from XDA.

I will probably stay the same Android version as I am happy unless an update really adds something to the phone experience or I need to update for apps to run properly.

Another reason to get nexus devices.. the boot loader unlocks are on purpose simple to defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by MassMoose View Post
    If I decide to take any updates I will probably do them manually through Odin as I am rooted and the last update to my phone (before I was rooted) fixed the exploit that people used to root. Many rooted lost root because of this. I froze the update wizard. I will have to get the scrubbed file and instructions from XDA.

I will probably stay the same Android version as I am happy unless an update really adds something to the phone experience or I need to update for apps to run properly.
    Once you root unless you also do the "reset counter" mod as well I think you lose OTA update option and you have to update using Odin or similar.

I get this message when I try on my rooted TAB.

Screenshot_2013-05-27-10-23-24.jpg

You do get the bonus of getting any updates as soon as they are released anywhere worldwide and not have to wait until your specific country gets it.

No I rooted my first nexus and it still got updates.. once you flash a custom Rom like cyanogenmod then you won't.

I have not rooted this one yet but need to as I cant install an app I need as it's restricted from this location.. need to put market enabler on to spoof the location to UK.

No I rooted my first nexus and it still got updates.. once you flash a custom Rom like cyanogenmod then you won't.

I have not rooted this one yet but need to as I cant install an app I need as it's restricted from this location.. need to put market enabler on to spoof the location to UK.
    Ah OK, thinking about it yes it was flashing custom ROMs that triggered the 'modified counter' not just the root.

I got the Samsung ROM on my Galaxy Nexus (erm, guess thats why it was cheap) and Samsung didn't bother updating it but as soon as I flashed the official Google "YAKJU" ROM OTA updates were on their way.

gsmarena_001.jpg

It seems HTC will manage to seed the Android 4.3 update ahead of the competition. Samsung is supposed to bring that release to its 1H flagship in October, and Sony is yet to announce a schedule for the Xperia Z updates.

Android 4.3 update for HTC One is coming this month - GSMArena.com news

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast