Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Things to do b4 you die (To do list)

Things to do b4 you die (To do list)

Any of you guys still have things you wanna have done b4 you leave this place.
    For me it would be :

Visit Hay Long Bay Vietnam (spelling???)
    Drive in an american car along route 66.
    Run a marathon.
    Do a marathon with the mountain bike (100+ km)
    Visit China
    Visit Vietnam
    Visit Ankor Wat.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

I want to go somewhere where you can see the Milky Way in the night Sky, seen a lot of cool pictures of this recently and it looks incredible, no idea where I'd need to go but plan on doing that before snuffing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Podders View Post
    I want to go somewhere where you can see the Milky Way in the night Sky, seen a lot of cool pictures of this recently and it looks incredible, no idea where I'd need to go but plan on doing that before snuffing it.
    Find yourself a good stretch of desert away from big cities..
    I hiked the Fish River Canyon in Namibia many years ago and the stars at night were just too incredible for words.

have kids

hopefully pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by Podders View Post
    The Elusive Milky Way ? How to Find It! | Star Circle Academy

Excellent, cheers Pad!

So a bucket list then? If aiming really high --- but something that may actually be realistically and commercially available in my lifetime --- then one orbit around the earth.

well I'll be closer to 60 than 55 in a couple of weeks...and whilst I still enjoy travelling in SEA I can't see myself doing too much of the more adventurous stuff I did when I was younger...travel really has been the passion of my life along with my architectural/design work and I am pretty happy where I sit with both of those these days..the SAFFA guys do have me intrigued with Capetown though and i haven't been to SA as yet...and then there is the Galapagus Islands which I came so close to once when in Chile....so maybe..who knows??

my old band is wanting to reform for one of our members 55th birthday in August and despite how much I enjoyed those days I just feel that want to leave the memories of those times untouched....so I am swaying to a no on that one...besides Sydney in the middle of winter I could do without...but I may be persuaded and cajoled into that one

TBH i just can't think of much to add other than perhaps lose some weight...however no matter that I exercise 2-3 times a day and eat as well as I have ever done it just doesn't seem to shift...I'm pretty limited to the pool/sea in what i do as both my ankles were broken when i was younger (playing football) and I can't pound pavements/treadmills anymore

I would like to end up on a ranch with some horsies and goats and dogs some where I can see a million stars every night. I could make that happen but I'm not ready for the solitude yet. Tibet would be an interesting trip too.

see geir stop drinking leo earlier than me

see a good danny dyer film
    maybe visit australia,but thaland is in the way,and usually stop there
    england
    win another world cup
    and to be happy with all the governments policys in my country

I would like to visit the National Parks in America, camping if possible.

Was suppose to visit Cape Town last year, but will do it next year.

Travel.. So many I cant begin to list them.. Tho mostly it's not luxury travel I am drawn to..

Do a base jump.. Fly a wing suit..

Improve my bike skills.. Ride more.. And more places..

Sail to islands.. Swim in warm waters..

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    have kids

hopefully pretty soon
    And then.....my final offering.

Watch them grow into balanced successful humans. Amen...

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Travel.. So many I cant begin to list them.. Tho mostly it's not luxury travel I am drawn to..

this may become a conundrum in my marriage a bit
    i am more starting to look for adventurous type travel and i know i need to compromise but i don't feel Ao will
    she may say ok to the trip but then have a negative impact when bitching and moaning about what we are doing
    and i feel i work to hard not to do what i want to do on my holidays

i'd be fine with her choosing a holiday and doing sort of things she likes and then me choosing a 2nd holiday for the year and going and doing what i want, but you know thai girls and their childish behaviour

some things can be done with her laying by the pool/hotel and i go out on a day trip
    but some things Jim and I doing in Colombia, hiking 3 hours to get to a beach where we rent a hammock/tent for 2 days, boating over and sleeping in a hut directly on beach is overnight things

in my travels i see these Japanese girls just being down for anything travel-wise, and sometimes i wish my wife was more like that

Have the same problem with the wife and oldest daughter. Hiking and stuff like that is not for her or the oldest daughter. The one good thing is, is that my youngest daughter is game for anything. If I want to hike up a waterfall for a couple of hours, she is the first to ask if she can come along. After when we finished something like that she starts telling what she saw and did to mum and sis and then they start questioning themselves if they shouldn't have come along.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by beuk View Post
    Have the same problem with the wife and oldest daughter. Hiking and stuff like that is not for her or the oldest daughter. The one good thing is, is that my youngest daughter is game for anything. If I want to hike up a waterfall for a couple of hours, she is the first to ask if she can come along. After when we finished something like that she starts telling what she saw and did to mum and sis and then they start questioning themselves if they shouldn't have come along.
    well, my wife did not really enjoy herself at all the last time she went back to Thailand
    so i hoping that shift in her mindset encourages her to open up her travelling mind a bit going forward
    she is just so damn moody and temperamental, and the thai lack of appreciation of new surroundings does not help

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    TBH i just can't think of much to add other than perhaps lose some weight...however no matter that I exercise 2-3 times a day and eat as well as I have ever done it just doesn't seem to shift...I'm pretty limited to the pool/sea in what i do as both my ankles were broken when i was younger (playing football) and I can't pound pavements/treadmills anymore
    What about cycling? That is non jarring and I thought that Samui would be an excellent place to get around on a mountain bike...

I've thought about it Pete but TBH its bad enough on a scoot....the motorists here just give no rights to a bicycle...would be OK on the road behind my place though but that's only about 10K's long

I used to camp when I was studying up to uni years. I really like the outdoors but most of my friends stopped camping. I hope to visit National Parks in USA in 6 years time. Need to save up & plan the trip properly...need a few months at least to see America.

This could only happen here. A lot of men offering up some sort of a bucket list - and none of them have mentioned sex with two girls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast