Thread: Returning to Patong....

New User

Returning to Patong....

Hi there...

It's been a few years since I visited Phuket. Probably about 3yrs or so! Phuket/Patong was my first Asian trip away from AUS. Returned a couple of times afterward, but then learnt about other mongering and tourist loacations in SEA that I wanted to see also. Indo / Cambo / Phils / Vn, etc...., but on return trips to LOS, I have generally returned to BKK / Patts / and other places of interest.
    Well.....now I am returning to Patong for a family wedding...(nothing THAI about it! It's all FARANG, lol). On my last visit, I was a newbie to the LBFM scene, but feel I am able to find my feet these days & hit the ground running.
    That being said....I still have a couple of questions for you local guys and those in the know....
    • Firstly.....I am a bit of an "inked" man these days, so I wish to get more whislt back there. One of my best tatts was done by a bloke from "SIAM Tattoo". It was located under Hollywood Disco next to Aussie Bar. Well....after doing a bit of google'ing...I see that this may not no longer be the case. So....is it true that SIAM Tattoo has moved location? Google puts it somewhere else not too far away, but I just want to know if it's right or not? Thanks
    • Secondly....I will be there for the NRL State of Origin game 2!!! I can imagine that AUSSIE BAR will have it on, but I would expect it to be packed out with other Yobbos! So....anyone know of other sports bars to go watch it? I am staying Soi Sansabai (..Mmmm...burgers..), so anything close by would be good.
    • Thirdy....I am part of the WolfPack that will take the Buck out for his Bucksnight. I'd love to replicate that famous photo in the "Hangover 2" credits where the "Ladyboy" is sitting behind the bloke with her/his junk hanging out!! haha! My plan is to do it on the sly and take some pix and then show them the next day at the wedding so they can see the LB photobomb what was thought to be an innocent photo. hehe. So....I expect I will have to grease the palm of some LB with a bit of Baht beforehand. I cant see myself talking this mob into a few drinks down Soi Croc', so....anyone have any ideas of how I can make this happen without them knowing my plan? Or is it a bad idea?

As this is my cherry-busting post on this forum, I was a member or Phuket-Info as "Spadge". I was sad to hear what happened to Nicke, and I am sure Patong is not the same place without him and the vibe of the MTB. I wish the best of luck & success for those of you have taken it upon yourselves to build this site in the dismise of the previous site. Nice to see people sticking together and keeping these forums going with light-hearted banter and info.

Cheers....

Mick!

• BTW: When are those Navy boys turning up? Hopefully not in the next week or two!

New User
    Oh....was just reading Pattaya-Addicts! The Navy has already arrived huh?

Also...on the blokes TR, he says prices are way down for beers & girls as it's Low Season! Nice if that's accurate!

I know when the Navy is in town, that is not the case at all! They have gatecrashed 2 of my thai trips previously! So...I try to avoid when I can.

Siam Tattoo was there a few months ago. He is a great guy, made the logo to one of my bars long time ago.......
    Prices of beer is still pretty much the same....

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzyM1CK View Post
    [*]Secondly....I will be there for the NRL State of Origin game 2!!! I can imagine that AUSSIE BAR will have it on, but I would expect it to be packed out with other Yobbos! So....anyone know of other sports bars to go watch it? I am staying Soi Sansabai (..Mmmm...burgers..), so anything close by would be good.
    Wicked Bar on Soi Sansabai would be a good place to catch the game.

Blue Lotus on Bangla have enough TVs and will generally put whatever you want on if you ask them. we watched the RWC final there in 2011. You might try there for your NRL game. Can't help with sneaky pics of your buddy with LBs, sorry. I'm sure it's do-able though

Good to see another BM on tour over the next few weeks, Baht exchange rate going up and low season is all good.

New User
    Yeah...I will try my best, but the others could be a little reserved about my plans. I guess I am the black sheep, but it all just a bit of fun.

Blue Lotus is a good bar to hold down a seat and people watch as Bangla comes alive! So yeah...I will check it out.

Wicked Bar sounds good. Just a stumble from my accomodation also.

I hear the weather has been shit! Hope it improves a little at least.

Thanks for the info lads.

Mick.