Thread: Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks

Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks

i wonder if this can be done in thailand 555,get some refunds.he has some balls or just down right stupid?

BBC News - Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks

Man calls Solihull police to complain about prostitute's looks
    A man has been warned after he dialled 999 to complain about a prostitute's looks after meeting her.

West Midlands Police said they were contacted by the caller who said he "wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act".

The force said the call was received at about 19:30 BST on Tuesday complaining that the woman was not as attractive as she had claimed.

Officers have now sent the man a letter warning him about wasting police time.

West Midlands Police said the man had claimed he met the woman in a hotel car park.

"The caller claimed that the woman had made out she was better looking than she actually was and he wished to report her for breaching the Sale of Goods Act," a spokesperson for the force said.

"When he raised this issue with the woman concerned, she allegedly took his car keys, ran away from the car and threw them back at him, prompting him to call police."

'It was unbelievable'
    During the call, the man can be heard to say: "I've arranged a meeting with her, but beforehand I've asked her for an honest description, otherwise when I get there I'm not going to use her services.

"Basically she has misdescribed herself, misrepresented herself totally.

"She was angry because she obviously thinks I owe her a living or something."

Sgt Jerome Moran, based at Solihull police station, called the man back to offer some advice.

He said: "It was unbelievable - he genuinely believed he had done nothing wrong and that the woman should have been investigated by police for misrepresentation.

"I told him that she'd not committed any offences and that it was his actions, in soliciting for sex, that were in fact illegal."

Despite the man refusing to give his details, police were able to identify him and have sent him a letter warning him about his actions.

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 gives consumers legal rights, stipulating goods which are sold must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and must match the seller's description.

Quote Originally Posted by ken2013 View Post

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 gives consumers legal rights, stipulating goods which are sold must be of satisfactory quality, be fit for purpose and must match the seller's description.
    Sounds like he had a point to me

^ sure it wasn't the Sunhill police station 555

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ sure it wasn't the Sunhill police station 555
    wasn't that the police station on the bill

If they arrested every woman who misrepresented herself that would be an end to internet dating.

Wrong act...555

...Where the goods are supplied along with a service then the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 applies. This implies the identical provisions as the Sale of Goods Act in relation to the goods supplied. In addition there are implied terms that the service must be carried out with reasonable care and skill (s.13), that the service will be carried out within a reasonable time (s.14) and where no price is agreed a reasonable price will be paid (s.15)...

Solihull is shall we say were the very Posh and or very rich people of Birmingham and foreigner second homes do tend to live,some with out a doubt have more money than sense

solihull .they pay 35,000 for a caravan on the beach where i live in wales,top prices for the perfect pitch go 39,500

and alot from walsall as welll

Walsall is the other end of the spectrum