Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Nigeria Mass Kidnappings

Nigeria Mass Kidnappings

I just dont understand this.

We as allies stick our nose in everything but 300 fcuking girls get kidnapped and we do nothing
    It would take an afternoon to go in an blow those fcukers out of the sky and get these girls back
    soupdragon likes this.

It's no money in it Paulie......................Being "the world police" is just a term the republicans use to justify their actions going for oil. minerals and million-contracts...
    Oh sorry, I shouldn't start this 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Alternative how about they kill the hostages if attacked..

I am not saying dont do it, but only its not risk free.
    soupdragon likes this.

Heard it's now a recognised tactic going to be used by more nutters + Take children hostage.

It sure isn't risk free and I bet the bastards wouldn't hesitate to kill all the kids if they knew somebody was onto them.

Very worrying (and sad) indeed !
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    Heard it's now a recognised tactic going to be used by more nutters + Take children hostage.

It sure isn't risk free and I bet the bastards wouldn't hesitate to kill all the kids if they knew somebody was onto them.

Very worrying (and sad) indeed !
    The same group burned alive a bunch of young boys (around 50), a couple of months ago!

Real scum they are!

It's probably hillary's fault though....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...errorists.html
    Last edited by Pablo; 9th May 2014 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    It's no money in it Paulie......................Being "the world police" is just a term the republicans use to justify their actions going for oil. minerals and million-contracts...
    Oh sorry, I shouldn't start this 555
    Lot of oil and gas in Nigeria Geir. One of the big exporters. I know Shell is working there.

Its not quite that easy Paulie.

First off, you have to find them and it's their turf. They know the land, the environment, all the little hidey holes that dont show up on satellite photos or LIDAR sweeps.

I'm all for a swift end to their little campaign, but you cant do that unless you find enough of their leadership to make the foot soldiers give up and go home. Did we learn nothing from Vietnam or Iraq2? You cant just go in with guns blazing and expect them to just line up for you.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear to find out they were all dead tomorrow, but an Iraq-esque "Liberation(TM)" would only result in the suffering of even more innocent Nigerians.
    This post is known by the state of California to potentially contain more than the maximum daily allowance of awesome.

With regards to the risk to the hostages wouldn't you prefer that someone tried come get you rather than sit around the UN discussing words of condemnation, from the rhetoric these guys are using they don't really appear to be open for negotiation. But the lesson Vietnam etc has thought the terrorists is that they know that body bags are bad for politicians trying to get re-elected.

An intervention would be so freakin difficult , but I hear you DP, the poor kids don't deserve to be left with those bastards without any hope !

What a bloody terrible nightmare !

I will be in Nigeria this Tuesday, based in Abuja but we have a lot of work in the North near where the kidnappings have taken place. The thing is for a good while now literally thousands of people have been killed as a result of Boko Horam.

It's terrible to see young kids being put through this. I don't know what the answer is to Muslim extremism but I think it can probably only be dealt with from within the Muslim community. I don't thin it's a smart move to announce to the world the Americans and the British are looking for you

These superstars who have jumped on the bandwagon make me puke
    obes and Dkdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by obes View Post
    An intervention would be so freakin difficult , but I hear you DP, the poor kids don't deserve to be left with those bastards without any hope !

What a bloody terrible nightmare !
    Sure it would be difficult but the world has the people and resources to do it, there's trillions spent on defense worldwide yet where is the willpower to use them. I'm sure the Nigerians have plenty of armed forces to get the job done, this isn't about military ability it's about political will and lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwx View Post
    Its not quite that easy Paulie.

First off, you have to find them and it's their turf. They know the land, the environment, all the little hidey holes that dont show up on satellite photos or LIDAR sweeps.

I'm all for a swift end to their little campaign, but you cant do that unless you find enough of their leadership to make the foot soldiers give up and go home. Did we learn nothing from Vietnam or Iraq2? You cant just go in with guns blazing and expect them to just line up for you.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear to find out they were all dead tomorrow, but an Iraq-esque "Liberation(TM)" would only result in the suffering of even more innocent Nigerians.
    this is not the same case
    it is some shit terrorist group...not a military
    and believe me, i bet we know where they are

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    It's terrible to see young kids being put through this. I don't know what the answer is to Muslim extremism but I think it can probably only be dealt with from within the Muslim community. I don't thin it's a smart move to announce to the world the Americans and the British are looking for you
    Kind of the same sense I have as well. A very broad generalization perhaps, but current Islamic morality and tolerance seem to lag us in the west by several centuries. Let’s not forget either though that we were not much better in the past. But we managed to somehow escape it.

How to pull them up from this quagmire endured since the Middle-Ages or so I have no idea. But pretty certain western involvement is probably making things even worse. Militarily or otherwise.

Maybe not a very apt comparison (and not even sure it’s actually true) but read that books translated into Spanish this year alone, is roughly the same as foreign language books translated into Arabic for the past 1,000 years. Sort of comes back to the insular and entrenched view of the current Islamic world. Not that long ago it was the complete opposite.

Boko Haram aren't new , they've been around for a long time but a lot of Western countries 'chose' to ignore what was going on as it was basically an "African" problem.

These school girls were kidnapped 3 weeks ago but most of the media didn't give it the publicity it deserved .... until it became the latest "celebrity cause" ! If this group had kidnapped even a couple of British/Americans it would have got front page headlines.

The problem now is how to 'react' ? If it is done by an African force it may be acceptable , if Western forces get involved it may be seen as colonialism and end up as a recruiting tool for Boko Haram or other groups. Their next 'targets' may be Westerners or more importantly (for some) Western financial interests (oil/gas etc).

A little OT point about "celebrity causes" , the other one hitting the headlines at the moment is Brunei . Shock Horror ! they have introduce a strict form of Sharia Law , so the rich and famous are 'boycotting' the 5 Star hotels owned by the country. The exact same strict form of Sharia has been in force in numerous "friendly" countries for a hell of a long time but you don't see/hear too many people complaining/boycotting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    this is not the same case
    it is some shit terrorist group...not a military
    Wasn't that how Al Qaeda used to be described ?

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    Wasn't that how Al Qaeda used to be described ?
    Yeah and once we got our heads put of our ass we blew them to smithereens

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    Boko Haram aren't new , they've been around for a long time but a lot of Western countries 'chose' to ignore what was going on as it was basically an "African" problem.

These school girls were kidnapped 3 weeks ago but most of the media didn't give it the publicity it deserved .... until it became the latest "celebrity cause" ! If this group had kidnapped even a couple of British/Americans it would have got front page headlines.

The problem now is how to 'react' ? If it is done by an African force it may be acceptable , if Western forces get involved it may be seen as colonialism and end up as a recruiting tool for Boko Haram or other groups. Their next 'targets' may be Westerners or more importantly (for some) Western financial interests (oil/gas etc).

A little OT point about "celebrity causes" , the other one hitting the headlines at the moment is Brunei . Shock Horror ! they have introduce a strict form of Sharia Law , so the rich and famous are 'boycotting' the 5 Star hotels owned by the country. The exact same strict form of Sharia has been in force in numerous "friendly" countries for a hell of a long time but you don't see/hear too many people complaining/boycotting about it.
    Fcuk the Muslims and Fcuk Nigeria
    Tell them if they dont want to take care of their problem or they don't care because girls and women mean nothing to them.....we will do what needs to be done

Yeah and once we got our heads put of our ass we blew them to smithereens
    Yes , I remember how successful that was in Iraq and Afghanistan !
    Dkdude likes this.

Tell them if they dont want to take care of their problem or they don't care because girls and women mean nothing to them.....we will do what needs to be done
    The "World Police" have spoken !

But Paul the US keeps fucking up what needs to be done; they aren't very good at foreign policy as we all know.............and the Brits just as bad as we just follow like little lap dogs

The Nigerian situation is interesting because the elite / money and the central to south control the country in terms of religion (Christian) Wealth, Resources and politics, so it's little wonder they don't give a fook about the Muslim north. You reap what you sew, hence the vacuum that can be nicely filled with fundamentalism....................sounds a bit like Thailand does it not albeit to a much lesser extent?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast