Thread: Nokia second hand models are fetching prices as high as 1000 euros

Nokia second hand models are fetching prices as high as 1000 euros

With no apps, video calls or smiley faces, handsets like the Nokia 3310 or the Motorola StarTec 130 allow just basic text messaging and phone calls.
    But demand for them is growing, according to reports out of Europe, where some of these second-hand models are fetching prices as high as 1000 euros ($1500) a piece.
    No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

like the comment………….. what?? You go out without access to Facebook? What about all your friends on Facebook that want to see pictures of the food you're eating?? Sounds to me like you've got yourself a bit of a life there!
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

APPLE devices for $100 US !

Well , not quite , that is the "ransom" you have to pay to the 'hijackers' .

Apple devices 'hijacked for ransom' in Australia

Several users of Apple devices in Australia have reported that their gadgets have been "hijacked" - with a message demanding money.
    Experts believed the hack had targeted users by exploiting the Find my iPhone feature.
    A message appeared on some targeted phones asking for "$100 USD/EUR" to be sent to a PayPal account.

Concerned users took to Apple's support forums, and Twitter, to share details of attacks, which affected iPhones, iPads and, in some cases, Mac laptops.

BBC News - Apple devices 'hijacked for ransom' in Australia

Some of those old Nokias were fetching good money a while back, partly because they were a straight fit for some Mercedes cars hands-free setups.

^ Yeah the 6310 plugs straight into the Mercedes system without b/tooth or pairing.

I must have up to 8 old Nokia's kicking around in the drawer. Probably worth a few quid.

Still got my very first Nokia from circa 1995. It's an old analogue the size of a brick. Nokia 909.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

hehe remember we had this old Motorola on duty back in the late 80,s,felt us important like a like a VP

Was some cool stuff around at that time

old_mobile_phones_003.jpg
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

I remember about 1985 my then boss got a mobile phone that would just fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans.

I had to go to Brisbane for a trade show and he told me to take his phone. Man did I feel like the man carrying that thing.

I get to the airport to check in and there's a problem with my booking, so I tell them I'll call my secretary.
    They looked like I'd just landed from another planet and everybody within eye shot was looking at me !

I get to Brisbane and the phone rings just as I'm about to jump in a cab. You would have thought all the bystanders were looking at the sultan of Brunei 5555

Was spewing when I got back to work and had to hand it back !

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    hehe remember we had this old Motorola on duty back in the late 80,s,felt us important like a like a VP

Was some cool stuff around at that time

old_mobile_phones_003.jpg
    Yeah I had a couple of those.. a 4800 Motorola that I hacked into a snarfing rig (would get the account codes from the air to make free calls)..

when I was a "young apprentice" in middish 80's London the office had a mobile phone which took up a whole suitcase...you had to book it from reception if you needed it for a project and it was much coveted...I preferred to use the pager/pay phone system it was so damn cumbersome