Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: malaysian airliner shot down over ukraine!

malaysian airliner shot down over ukraine!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/malaysian-...5.html#T5yt0PE

unbelievable that it has happened to this airline.

Very sad. Hate that it happened at all, but especially to this airline. I've flown them before and they are easily one of the top 2 or 3 airlines I've ever flown.

Most reports are that it was shot down , rather than any other explanation , no clear evidence yet which side was responsible but this will have serious repercussions for whoever did this .

R.I.P

Absolutely ghastly and so senseless

Thought Malaysia would be very careful after losing MH370, it appears they are idiots routing over drunken Russian rabble

Booked on MH 132 tonight, NZ to KL so keeping our fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post

Thought Malaysia would be very careful after losing MH370, it appears they are idiots routing over drunken Russian rabble

But so are countless other airlines...

BA have been avoiding this airspace since early June when NOTAMS issued advise against flying through. The UK CAA, also in June, said to avoid Crimea and parts of southern Ukraine due to safety concerns.

Yes, incredible. I remember when I flew back to Oz from Egypt during the '91 Gulf War, we flew down the Nile from Cairo, then turned left towards Karachi, flying right around the Arabian Peninsula entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by TLandHim View Post

Last Sunday I flew Bangkok Brussels with Thai. I also passed there. It is just yesterday afternoon that Thai ( and Lufthansa, and Air France, and...) changed their flying routes from Western Europe to SEA

Lots of news reports showing (alleged) transcripts between the pro-Russian leaders and Russia military officers basically confirming it was them who shot it down. Shit -> Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Lots of news reports showing (alleged) transcripts between the pro-Russian leaders and Russia military officers basically confirming it was them who shot it down. Shit -> Fan.
    History repeats ... last time it was a ship called the "Lusitania"

RIP to the poor souls on board

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    History repeats ... last time it was a ship called the "Lusitania"

RIP to the poor souls on board
    Last time was not Lusitania.
    I remember a Korean Airlines plane shot down by the Russians and an Iranian one shot down by a US cruiser.

What's empty and goes round and around?

A Malaysia Airlines baggage carousel.
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I remember a Korean Airlines plane shot down by the Russians and an Iranian one shot down by a US cruiser.
    In 2001 Siberian Airlines Flight 1812 was (accidentally) shot down (during a military exercise) by a Ukrainian missile.

It is interesting to see how (before any proper investigation) the story is already being 'spun' by the media and politicians , a lot is being made of the fact that it may have been a Russian made Buk surface to air missile system that was used.

The stories give the impression that the Russians have recently supplied the 'rebels' with these but a few weeks ago there was a report that the 'rebels' had captured a Buk surface-to-air missile system from the Ukrainian army.

So , the Ukrainian army also had the capability to use these missiles.

If this had happened in Syria the government forces would have automatically been blamed (as they were about chemical attacks) because the rebels didn't have the capability to launch such an attack.

I'll reserve judgement on this one until the full facts come out .
    Waharoa likes this.

I'll see if I can find that video I watched earlier today with the radio comms between the seperatists and russian command where they said they just shot down a plane and then realise its a passenger plane.
    Idiots all of them.

Video Camera Caught the moment plane MH17 Crash over Ukraine | Goalshighlights | Soccer Highlights and other Recent Events

3rd video down.
    2:15 in Quote:
    Nikolay Kotzitsin: "That means they were carrying spies. They shouldn't be fucking flying. There is a war going on"

Quote Originally Posted by Lightemup View Post
    I'll see if I can find that video I watched earlier today with the radio comms between the seperatists and russian command where they said they just shot down a plane and then realise its a passenger plane.
    Idiots all of them.
    I'll still wait for a proper investigation rather than a "possible" phone call that hasn't yet been confirmed to be between those named.

Being cynical I will also wait for evidence to support President Obama's claim that "a surface-to-air missile fired from a rebel-held area in east Ukraine brought down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17."

In Syria they had "evidence" that one of the chemical attacks came from a Syrian government base but when the claim was checked out by the experts they proved that it could not have due to range/trajectory etc.

As with a lot of "claims" , at the moment the media are reporting rumours/speculation but as with MH370 a lot of these will be shown to be highly inaccurate.

No doubt I'll be accused of siding with the bad guys but the reality is that rather than automatically taking the "you're either with us or against us" attitude (and believing all the headlines) I prefer to wait until the facts come out then make my own judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Think Minder's reference was to when the US called war in 1917 due to the sinking of the Lusitania.

But we live in far more retrospective times whereby these things go hardly noticed.

(Don't mention Egypt before Faulty does)
    Last edited by Thin White Duke; 19th July 2014 at 01:23.

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    I'll still wait for a proper investigation rather than a "possible" phone call that hasn't yet been confirmed to be between those named.

Being cynical I will also wait for evidence to support President Obama's claim that "a surface-to-air missile fired from a rebel-held area in east Ukraine brought down Malaysia Airlines flight MH17."

In Syria they had "evidence" that one of the chemical attacks came from a Syrian government base but when the claim was checked out by the experts they proved that it could not have due to range/trajectory etc.

As with a lot of "claims" , at the moment the media are reporting rumours/speculation but as with MH370 a lot of these will be shown to be highly inaccurate.

No doubt I'll be accused of siding with the bad guys but the reality is that rather than automatically taking the "you're either with us or against us" attitude (and believing all the headlines) I prefer to wait until the facts come out then make my own judgement.
    Yeah, I saw another video where some guy claimed it was a setup by the Ukrainians and the video was filmed before the plane was shot down. I don't know, let's wait and see.

There is an uncensored video of the aftermath online. It's f'ing grisly, mangled bodies, burnt out corpses, decapitated babies, someone needs to fecking pay.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast