Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: MTB - End of an Era Party

to be fair to the guy - he just sat in the background and didn't get involved or even interact with Ead ....

at least he made up the numbers otherwise it would have been a fairly poor turn out.
    Last edited by K2; 26th June 2013 at 05:11.
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

TBH for most of us MTB died when Nicke did...its a terrible tragedy what befell our friend and I am sure like me it makes you all sad at times.....but maybe its time we all just moved on...stop judging Ead, her new BF, why the bar degenerated before it closed, PI Forum etc etc...one of the main reasons I didn't go back for the party is I"ve moved on now...i'was at the funeral, we had a good wake at Bill's and at the MTB and I have returned to normal life...when I returned to HKT over songkran I tried going in on a few occasions but it just made me sad..its done and dusted now guys..end of an era...all things must pass
    Last edited by K2; 26th June 2013 at 05:10.
    Dkdude, slimbag, Firecat and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
    to be fair to the guy - he just sat in the background and didn't get involved or even interact with Ead ...

at least he made up the numbers otherwise it would have been a fairly poor turn out.
    That's a very fair comment - he only opened a bottle of Champagne because Ead insisted. Although Nicke was fundamental in setting up the forum - the bar was a partnership - how many people actually went to the bar after Ead had left along with the girls? Nicke was afforded due respect at the party his seat was occupied with his favourite drinks, a photo and some food.

Last night was a celebration of 13 (?) years of good memories, friends getting together again for a last time at the watering hole, what I wish I could show were some of the photos Ead decorated the bar with like Nicke kissing Ead's bump when she was heavily pregnant with Natalie and the like. I am sure the guy was not there to brag or show off but to support Ead, and she needed it; whatever she has done, the bar was going to close last night, and Ead has been involved in its success throughout the golden years.

Let's try and remember those golden years - they have passed. I have very fond memories of the earlier years of MTB, and I will cherish those. I have met some great people at that bar, friendships made stronger by the forum to be sure, but it was the bar that was the catalyst for it all.

Whatever my feelings for Mike/Mick whatever his name is, it would be just as fair to criticise a former member of staff who was sacked for stealing money for turning up as well!
    Last edited by K2; 26th June 2013 at 05:12.
    WarProfiteer, krukke, Loop and 6 others like this.

I guess people grieve differently.

I made a post a few days back but decided to delete it

I was feeling a bit aggrieved by the stuff I saw on FB. In my mind was pretty heartless but maybe the love was gone a long time ago and being able to move on easier than we imagined

generalisation but TGs seem to be able to put stuff behind them and look forward alot easier than us from the west
    geir, Petter, WarProfiteer and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I made a post a few days back but decided to delete it

I was feeling a bit aggrieved by the stuff I saw on FB. In my mind was pretty heartless but maybe the love was gone a long time ago and being able to move on easier than we imagined

generalisation but TGs seem to be able to put stuff behind them and look forward alot easier than us from the west
    I think you are right. A lot of them seem to live only in the present.

Something to take on board and realise for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Who's the girl on the left in the first pic? I had a few drinks with her in March. Was supposed to go back and say goodbye on my last night but I didn't get a chance to.

I've forgotten her name
    Her name is Kung!!
    Its a pint of bitter a gin and tonic and a baileys, I call them uhhh....ladyboys!! สจวร์ต

Cool pics

Thanks to K2 for tidying this thread up..

I think generally everyone is too quick to judge on Ead.. Whats the woman to do ?? A TG without much options IMO doing what TG's do to cope..

As to the new guy ?? Well I dont think going to the closing party with his partner is poor form, if he kept himeself to himself and was respectful I think its probably the best of many not so great choices he could make.

Good luck to the pair of them.. I am sure our friend Nicke wouldnt begrudge her a chance of some kind of life.
    Tarzan and dawsey like this.

......some kind of life and potential financial security for her and her children???

There is never a right time after your spouse dies, 1 day maybe too quick, 10 years may be too long, so anytime in between and it feels right for the individual, is the right time in my opinion.
    Tarzan and slampay like this.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Thanks to K2 for tidying this thread up..

I think generally everyone is too quick to judge on Ead.. Whats the woman to do ?? A TG without much options IMO doing what TG's do to cope..

As to the new guy ?? Well I dont think going to the closing party with his partner is poor form, if he kept himeself to himself and was respectful I think its probably the best of many not so great choices he could make.

Good luck to the pair of them.. I am sure our friend Nicke wouldnt begrudge her a chance of some kind of life.
    just differing of opinions
    i wouldn't go near the place out of respect and I'd tell my gf to cool it with the FB photos
    and to me, that's on him to realize and not Ead

Having previously gone out with a widow it is an awkward situation on a lot of fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    just differing of opinions
    i wouldn't go near the place out of respect and I'd tell my gf to cool it with the FB photos
    and to me, that's on him to realize and not Ead
    Agree, but the Thais don't grieve like we do in the west. I was one of the guys that was most upset about what was going on. On the other side relationships brake up every day. If everyone knew that they broke up 6 months before Nickes death, we wouldn't judge her that hard for her new relationships (at least not the last one).
    Anyway, wish them both the best......As far as I know Michael work Sweden, which might be a small step in the right direction to get the kids in touch with their grandparents again.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Agree, but the Thais don't grieve like we do in the west. I was one of the guys that was most upset about what was going on. On the other side relationships brake up every day. If everyone knew that they broke up 6 months before Nickes death, we wouldn't judge her that hard for her new relationships (at least not the last one).
    Anyway, wish them both the best......As far as I know Michael work Sweden, which might be a small step in the right direction to get the kids in touch with their grandparents again.
    i am not judging Ead for her relationship, i don't think it is inappropriate
    i am saying that i think he should have sat that party out. he wasn't part of all the years at MTB, it was Nicke's bar, it wouldn't have killed the guy to not be there
    and i think it was classless that he went
    Petter likes this.

For me i saw it as a last night in the bar,and that is about our friend,not hes other part

It seems some here thinks its wrong to have that kind that kind of respect ?

For me its al about respect for a friend who have tragicly passed away ,and hes bar that for many was a meeting point,and did make many of us as friends for life

Not about the other part who for many of us was not written into this history and never wil be,its up to here what she do and not do,but i as a friend to Nicke have a opinion about it !
    Last edited by Petter; 26th June 2013 at 14:20.
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456