Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: The militarization of the US police

The militarization of the US police

Sef is going to splooge in his pants over this one 555

Recent events in St Louis area has brought this up once again.
    It really is frightening the level that they have taken the police departments in the US

The picture attached with regular police in St Louis dressed and armed like they were in Fallujah is just ridiculous!!

I read a fantastic article I can't find now that theorized that by equipping the police like soldiers changes their mentality from helping the public to the public then being viewed as an enemy and their patrol area as a battlefield

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us...=tw-share&_r=1

PS-plus the fact that police don't have to release the officer's name who killed the black teen is insane! people get their names in the paper for drunk driving but they can hold back the name of this officer

This is one of the main reasons I may not move back to US
    Attached Images Attached Images

We're from the government and we're here to help you...
    soupdragon likes this.

Well the copper hasn't been charged yet, right? So no way should they release his name.

Damn hard to believe these are actually cops

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Well the copper hasn't been charged yet, right? So no way should they release his name.
    Agree. An investigation may reveal that he did nothing wrong.

I thought you guys loved it when the local county police handled matters themselves? As the Gov. has indicated though, they are clearly not fit handle the situation, and there's now an "operational shift" going on. Time perhaps to bring in the professionals from the federal government like the FBI?

But yes, it is indeed frightening to see the current militarisation of the local police departments around the country. In Norway we are still debating whether or not the police should even bear firearms on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sundancekid View Post
    I thought you guys loved it when the local county police handled matters themselves? As the Gov. has indicated though, they are clearly not fit handle the situation, and there's now an "operational shift" going on. Time perhaps to bring in the professionals from the federal government like the FBI?

But yes, it is indeed frightening to see the current militarisation of the local police departments around the country. In Norway we are still debating whether or not the police should even bear firearms on a regular basis.
    No problem with local cops handling things themselves, but obviously there are some situations better suited for other organizations (maybe the National Guard) to handle. Doesn't help when you have asshats like Sharpton waltzing in and stirring up shit before the facts are even out.

Agree with you on the militarization of local cops, but the debate in Norway makes me laugh. Evidently Norway doesn't have cities like Detroit, LA, and Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Agree. An investigation may reveal that he did nothing wrong.
    They have the autopsy results and refuse to say how many times he was shot..........just that he has "gunshot wounds"
    There is no reason that they need to hold on to that information.........except to cover up the abuse

And stuff like this makes me so worrisome to move back to the US.I used to say I don't do things that will attract the law but when they can just do whatever they want and not be held accountable.......makes me think there are other countries that I can live without that threat. And it will only get worse and worse...........the cat is out of the bag with police force, how they armed and how they feel they don't need to be acocuntable
    Last edited by marc26; 15th August 2014 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    the cat is out of the bag with police force, how they armed and how they feel they don't need to be acocuntable
    Arm the populace to even things up ...

'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

They have the autopsy results and refuse to say how many times he was shot..........just that he has "gunshot wounds"
    There is no reason that they need to hold on to that information.........except to cover up the abuse

And stuff like this makes me so worrisome to move back to the US.I used to say I don't do things that will attract the law but when they can just do whatever they want and not be held accountable.......makes me think there are other countries that I can live without that threat. And it will only get worse and worse...........the cat is out of the bag with police force, how they armed and how they feel they don't need to be acocuntable
    Come on, man....there have ALWAYS been cops like that. Little dick and big gun. Most aren't like that though.

Funny...I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times this year, and all 3 times, the officer let me go with a warning and thanked me for being a big NRA supporter (Benefactor sticker on my car) and for being a concealed carry permit holder (always hand them my permit when I hand them my license). It's all in how you present yourself. My guess is that if the first words out of my mouth were "Fuck the police!" my experience would have been a bit different.
    TLandHim likes this.

Come on, man....there have ALWAYS been cops like that. Little dick and big gun. Most aren't like that though.

Funny...I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times this year, and all 3 times, the officer let me go with a warning and thanked me for being a big NRA supporter (Benefactor sticker on my car) and for being a concealed carry permit holder (always hand them my permit when I hand them my license). It's all in how you present yourself. My guess is that if the first words out of my mouth were "Fuck the police!" my experience would have been a bit different.
    I am actually not worried about anything actually happening to me...........I just don't like the thought of living somewhere where the politicians and police seem to think they are untouchable

And, police now feel they can impede on people's freedoms way more now than they ever could

By the way...........I almost never had a bad interaction with police and I have dealt with them a lot.
    Last edited by marc26; 15th August 2014 at 01:46.

I am actually not worried about anything actually happening to me...........I just don't like the thought of living somewhere where the politicians and police seem to think they are untouchable

And, police now feel they can impede on people's freedoms way more now than they ever could

By the way...........I almost never had a bad interaction with police and I have dealt with them a lot.
    Agree with you here, and it's not just the local PD.

I'm glad I didn't start this thread ! 55555
    slampay and WarProfiteer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    I'm glad I didn't start this thread ! 55555
    Step away from the cut and paste! Do it NOW! 555
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Agree with you on the militarization of local cops, but the debate in Norway makes me laugh. Evidently Norway doesn't have cities like Detroit, LA, and Chicago.
    Obviously Norway has a system of gun ownership control and responsibility 555

Whichever way people flow with that subject I can relate to, but the bottom line is without it you will always end up with this type of scenario. I mean I laugh at the "normal" Police behavior compared to most other places in the world for a simple traffic stop...there's always the threat they will cop a hail of bullets...

I see 127 died in the US in 2012 as opposed to 2 here in Australia...and we would have to go back 30 years to total 127 Police officer deaths...and they include motor vehicle accidents, drownings and plane crashes...

I notice also that US Police have killed over 5,000 people themselves since 9/11...

It always makes me scratch my head when these sort of statistics are available yet they seem to do nothing to curb them...

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post

Whichever way people flow with that subject I can relate to, but the bottom line is without it you will always end up with this type of scenario. I mean I laugh at the "normal" Police behavior compared to most other places in the world for a simple traffic stop...there's always the threat they will cop a hail of bullets...

I see 127 died in the US in 2012 as opposed to 2 here in Australia...and we would have to go back 30 years to total 127 Police officer deaths...and they include motor vehicle accidents, drownings and plane crashes...

I notice also that US Police have killed over 5,000 people themselves since 9/11...

It always makes me scratch my head when these sort of statistics are available yet they seem to do nothing to curb them...
    kangaroo kickings, snake bites, boomerangs ect....

Same planet, different worlds Homer.

Love is a battlefield....
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Don't forget the population of the US is 14 times as large as Oz ... and they all have guns
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Don't start that shit again 555 We've been thru it ad nauseum.

Why release the officers name BEFORE any investigation??? Also, so far, there have been NO other injuries except to police.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

I saw on fb last night anonymous have named the officer..

Didn't click bait it so don't know how they established it if true.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast