Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OZMike from Kamala

OZMike from Kamala

just a note to let you know that Mike Sampson who was OZMike on PI and who used to live in an appartment in Kamala Hills has had a relapse of his throat cancer and has to return to AUS for urgent Chemo Therapy Treatment...damn shame as he had been doing so well since going into remission on this several years back now

anyway I am sure those of you who know him will want to wish him well with his treatment...Let's hope he can beat this again one more time.

PS....BTW he has left behind his beloved Kawasaki ERN6 in mint condition (black) with less than 3000km on the clock and wishes to sell it...if anyone is interested in buying it PM me and I can give you more details and contact numbers etc.....(mods if it is not OK to mention this please just delete this bit)

A wicked disease that has taken friends from all of us over the years. Don't know the guy but I wish him well.

Shit.. He was a real nice guy.. Fingers crossed for him.

I just spent some weeks hanging out with a guy who survived 3 bouts, having half his jaw taken, bone grafts, and tongue removed (so his speech is very difficult).. That guy is an ex royal marine and clearly has zero fucks given in life.. Every extra day a blessing.

Ohh and very unimportant.. But Denver was vaguely looking for an ER6.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Ohh and very unimportant.. But Denver was vaguely looking for an ER6.
    I was drinking with him last night. He has all the bikes he needs at the mo.
    Last edited by soupdragon; 20th August 2014 at 07:56.

Sorry to hear.

Was that the guy with the gf that ran the massage place?

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Sorry to hear.

Was that the guy with the gf that ran the massage place?
    yep....iirc he was staying in the Hills when you were there

I lost a good friend in June to the same thing. Didn't know AussiMike, but wish him all the best. Horrible disease.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    yep....iirc he was staying in the Hills when you were there
    Yes, I remember the guy. Seemed a nice enough chap. I dont recall him being a smoker. Maybe he was before?

Either way, sad to hear it... hope he kicks cancer's ass for good this time!

Don't have to be a smoker to get throat or lung cancer Kev, it seems to have a higher risk in smokers but can get any of us at any time.
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

I had a few drinks with Mike in june when he told me about the relapse.

A nice guy to spend time with over a few beers
    Money can't buy love but it can rent a pretty close imitation.

Sorry to hear this.

He's had an awful time already with this. I had a few nights out with him in Samui last year and he told me all about it... just when he was getting into his retirement in LOS it comes back. He's a clever, strong personality I hope he can beat it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PadMC View Post
    Sorry to hear this.

He's had an awful time already with this. I had a few nights out with him in Samui last year and he told me all about it... just when he was getting into his retirement in LOS it comes back. He's a clever, strong personality I hope he can beat it again.
    Sadly this time its terminal, its spread to his lungs, he is going for treatment to see how much it has grown, to gauge how long he has and maybe the chemo can slow it down.

Really sad situation, seems a lot of people I know now we are into the danger age are catching, getting or ending things with cancer and assorted illnesses, just makes you sort of make sure your own house is fairly in order and don't put off today......
    Custard should be a colour...cos I could then paint over the mess I've just made!!!

Yeah, make sure you're selfish enough to live for yourself, and not for what people expect you to do..................Try to enjoy every minute as we don't know how long time we have left!!!
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Didnt realize it was terminal... isnt he only in his late 40's?

^ Mike is 57-58 Kev.....he hopes the chemo will give him another year or two of reasonably active life....last time he had it his body responded very well and it gave him 3-4 years....but at the end of the day, unfortunately/sadly he feels its eventually gonna get him as the effects of chemo diminish each time and it only works a few times apparently

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ Mike is 57-58 Kev.....he hopes the chemo will give him another year or two of reasonably active life....last time he had it his body responded very well and it gave him 3-4 years....but at the end of the day, unfortunately/sadly he feels its eventually gonna get him as the effects of chemo diminish each time and it only works a few times apparently
    Heavy sigh. . .
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Life's too short - way too short. Even without having part of it stolen prematurely..................

Terrible to read bout this, not sure if i have meet him or not. Hope the chemo will help him !!

Terrible news. Really saddens me.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast