Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Phuket-info.com - domain acquired

New User

Phuket-info.com - domain acquired

We recently acquired the domain phuket-info.com, Obviously we didn't know of the history behind this domain but it seems there was alot to know and by the sounds of things we still know very little.. I'm guessing no one ever got access to the server or the site files which is a shame.

We plan restore the website from the way back archives for historical purposes, most of the pages was indexed at certain times. The site will be in flat HTML format and will not be functional to old members etc but most content will be visible again for informational purposes.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to comment on this thread.

K2
    A bit of an introduction as to who the 'we' are would be appreciated.
    SLeesy likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

So when you buy the domain that includes all the old content?

I have a suggestion yes. I had over 5000 posts on that site and I suggest you delete them, I don't want anything to do with a resurrection of that forum. It belonged to Nicke, it should have belonged to his family after he died and it shouldn't belong to anyone else.

Any chance of Nicke's kids getting some royalties?

Quote Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
    We plan restore the website from the way back archives for historical purposes
    For historical purposes ?! surely you mean for commercial purposes !!

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    So when you buy the domain that includes all the old content?
    That's a very interesting question. We had an agreement in the T&Cs when we joined the forum but certainly not with a new owner of the domain name in my opinion.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Any chance of Nicke's kids getting some royalties?
    Yes certainly should we restore any former glory with regards to adsense income, We would be happy to work with someone to make sure this happens.

We are a company which buys up old/dropped domains with previous link history and rebuilds from old internet archives, we knew nothing of the history as i can see its a sensitive subject, I didn't plan to offend anyone nor did i know the previous own was deceased, I just was curious to know what happened to the domain as i was shocked a domain with such a good link profile was taken down, i first thought it was due to a google penalty but seems a lot more behind this one.

New User
    Thanks for your input.

I hope you choose not to use the PI archives , Phuket-info.com is a great domain name and you could be successful using your own content
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

We are a company which buys up old/dropped domains with previous link history and rebuilds from old internet archives
    When you say 'We' what is you company name as a quick search on whois.com shows 'Nicky Roberts' with a residential address in Sheffield and mobile number as registrant and not with any company details ?!?!....could you clarify the name of your company please ?
    geir likes this.

New User
    Any details you would like to know you can ask the company we purchased the domain from who is network solutions / via expiring domains on namejet which we paid almost $1000 for.. We have simply purchased an expiring domain name and knew nothing of its history (they obviously did), Im sure they will clarify this, however i will add the the old site may be re-stored as that was our sole intention, however we will look at other options. We would be willing to work with someone to make sure the previous owners children get an inheritance, should the site restore any former glory with regards to any advertising or adsense.

If anyone has any issues with this please email us at admin@phuket-info.com (should it get returned the email will be open to receive emails within the next 24 hours), If you have any copyrighted content on the previous website please send your copyrighted details over too as it will be reviewed and removed should we see fit.

As you say yourself the site has a strong link profile..........in which case you could easily monetise the site in another way and make it successful couldn't you ?

A gentle **** OFF!!! from a good friend of the real NIcke, and if you use any of mine posts I will watch you!! That forum is gone, and please find a new way to promote your site as you have a good name and base to do it from.
    Last edited by geir; 25th August 2014 at 00:54. Reason: Language and bad spelling of the F word 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

K2
    I know for many of us this is a very emotive issue .... I have notified LivinLOS (owner of this Forum) but he's travelling currently. Please show some restraint as it is in our interest to learn of the intent of NickyC.

If this thread becomes too contentious I will close it.
    Its My Life .....!

As was mentioned earlier, Nicke (RIP) and/or the current owner of the content has publishing rights. Simply buying the domain does not grant you publishing rights to the previous content. I had a similar idea until you look at the legalities and you see that you have no rights to publish the content, and in doing so you open yourself up to many legal issues having to comply to requests to delete all that content.
    Stillearly and Steve@thaib like this.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    A gentle **** OFF!!! from a good friend of the real NIcke, and if you use any of mine posts I will watch you!! That forum is gone, and please find a new way to promote your site as you have a good name and base to do it from.
    How do you spel **** wrong??
    geir and soupdragon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    How do you spel **** wrong??
    I just realized I could edit Kev's reason for editing my post 5555
    Waharoa likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

We are a company which buys up old/dropped domains with previous link history and rebuilds from old internet archives, we knew nothing of the history as i can see its a sensitive subject, I didn't plan to offend anyone nor did i know the previous own was deceased, I just was curious to know what happened to the domain as i was shocked a domain with such a good link profile was taken down, i first thought it was due to a google penalty but seems a lot more behind this one.
    That gave me a chuckle. I think you should have wrote.... I am a chancer.

Having thought this through tonight I think that any content that I put on Phuket-Info was intended for the original site. I didn't have any agreement other than with Nicke and the forum over there and am deeply resentful of anyone trying to profit from my input into that forum.

Anybody scraping forums and rooting around in internet archives has no right to publish my copyrighted content. Everything I wrote and posted was intended for that forum and that forum only.

Given that the new owner is registered in Sheffield, and therefore subject to UK copyright laws, I'm ok with saying right now that any breech of copyright in regard to my images or content will be chased up through our legal system. It might be an interesting ride but I will step up and do it and I will start today.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast