• 2 Post By Pablo
  • 1 Post By Captain

Thread: The part of the plane passengers canít see

The part of the plane passengers canít see

The part of the plane passengers canít see: Flight attendant rest areas

8 HOURS AGO AUGUST 28, 2014 11:58AM

The part of the plane passengers can?t see: Flight attendant rest areas
    WarProfiteer and billpay like this.

I have seen plenty of flight attendants that I'd like explore that area with...

I have often wondered if you couldnt 'stack' bed cubicles better than seats.. Tho potentially problems for the less mobile getting in and out.

Wouldnt a long haul flatbed even one with minimal room be soo much better than a seat ??
    Dkdude and Waharoa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Wouldnt a long haul flatbed even one with minimal room be soo much better than a seat ??
    Yes, definitely. Luckily they have them... in business class.

Definitely a goal of mine in life... get to a place where it's never a question on long flights, I'd always fly biz class.

For now, I'm probably averaging about a third of the time, using miles to upgrade.

You should see the "pilot's rest quarters".

(mirrored ceiling, queen sized mattress, private locking door, ensuite bathroom, etc)
    soupdragon and LivinLOS like this.

Wine cellar?
    soupdragon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Wine cellar?
    Yes, on Air France I understand. (lol)

On the real, I do remember plans for Qatar Airways to offer a shower service for Biz & 1st class customers at one point. I know for me, going from Thailand to Florida is a 26+ hour trip... I'd love to be able to shower and shave at some point in the middle of that.

I have often wondered if you couldnt 'stack' bed cubicles better than seats.. Tho potentially problems for the less mobile getting in and out.

Yeah, like sleepers on a train. Would be awesome.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Wish they would offer short time and long time options as well.

Hey a new business model !

I've also thought this was a good idea for planes doing overnight flights when everybody just wants to sleep but can't. Perhaps have 25-40% of the space taken up with stacked bed tubes, like you see in some Japanese hotels. You could get at least 3, perhaps 4 in each stack, perhaps 7ft long, 4ft high & 4ft wide, so they're not too claustophobic

I haven't done the mathematics to see if these would take up more room than normal seats would for the same number of passengers, but obviously the price could reflect this anyway

ps - Emirates have shower facilities for the rich people, I assumed it was the usual for most airlines to provide this ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle11 View Post
    I've also thought this was a good idea for planes doing overnight flights when everybody just wants to sleep but can't. Perhaps have 25-40% of the space taken up with stacked bed tubes, like you see in some Japanese hotels. You could get at least 3, perhaps 4 in each stack, perhaps 7ft long, 4ft high & 4ft wide, so they're not too claustophobic

I haven't done the mathematics to see if these would take up more room than normal seats would for the same number of passengers, but obviously the price could reflect this anyway

ps - Emirates have shower facilities for the rich people, I assumed it was the usual for most airlines to provide this ?
    Pakistan international Airlines tried it. Sorry, no takers.....
    A woman won The Nobel Peace Prize? Must have been a pretty good sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynewcastle11 View Post

Malaysian Airlines are already looking at it

'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

^Needs name change to "Too Early", lulz...